Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Luciano Becchio

I guess iam the only one looking forward to seeing him play then ?

Yeah i would have loved a top name to come in, but i think this guy is a decent striker, and he is on form unlike any striker we have at the moment

And i think, he thinks he has something to proove in this leauge.

I have a sneaky feeling he is going to do alright.

I just hope hughton makes a couple of changes so that we dont continue with the lone striker up top.

Because i think him and holty could be pretty hand playing together.

I''m looking forward to having a viable replacement for holt! Morison wasn''t performing whatsoever. I dont understand the people that wouldnt swap morison for a player that actually brings something else to the table. Morison didnt work, get over it!

I''d love to share your views but am wholly disappointed.

No, I''m (quietly) excited too.

I know it''s a bit silly, but he does look good on youtube! I didn''t realise he was so tall (6'' 2" apparently) so scores a lot with his head, gets into good positions & can volley from outside the box.

In fact, on the evidence I''ve seen, I''d prefer him to Mr. Hooper. He just looks a better to make the step up to me.

We''ll find out pretty soon!

I''m looking forward to seeing him in a City shirt.

As Nick said he brings something to the table.

Becchio in a purple patch of form. Morison confidence shot

Good deal for us I think. :-).

OTBC.

Not sure about Kie Kamara but will hold judgement until I''ve seen him a few times.

Fingers crossed he will hit the ground running

Some interesting stuff about Becchio at the bottom of this article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21202513

I like the line which says: ''He also has the knack of scoring in big games......as well as in fierce derby matches and play-off games''.

Had forgotten that Michael Nelson knocked him clean out with a kick to the chin here in 2010 and also didn''t know that he''d previously played for Barcelona (sort of :) )

am looking forward to seeing somebody in action for us that actually knows how to strike the ball on the volley towards the goal in a straight line - he''ll do for me.

Just read this about him regarding his stint at Leeds "He left the club as one of their top 10 leading goalscorers of all time" - is this really true?

Furthermore, he was quoted as saying: 

"I want to thank the Norwich manager for giving me this chance,"

"I want to pay him back for all the sacrifice and effort he put in to getting me this move."

Further details: http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/ill-repay-hughton-3372345.html

Sounds like he REALLY wants to make it work and could turn out to be the "marquee signing" many were looking for

He came across very well in the Canariesworld interview and should slot in nicely.

I have a feeling Kei Kamara could be a huge personality at the club. He seems to have a lot of charisma. If he turns out to be a handy player and a surprise package I suspect he might become a bit of a talisman.

Is there anywhere I can see Becchio''s interview if I don''t have an canaries world account?...

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="SYG"]Is there anywhere I can see Becchio''s interview if I don''t have an canaries world account?...[/quote]
Here you go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9b_0oT6wo
[/quote]

There''s a nice little montage of LB''s goals here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhUCBRjE6A

Seems to be able to score with his head and with both feet - Interestingly a lot of the assists in this selection came from BJ & Snoddy [:D]

Im very happy with this signing, he adds a little bit extra quality and technique which we sometimes lack in the final third

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="SYG"]Is there anywhere I can see Becchio''s interview if I don''t have an canaries world account?...[/quote]
Here you go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9b_0oT6wo
[/quote]

There''s a nice little montage of LB''s goals here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhUCBRjE6A

Seems to be able to score with his head and with both feet - Interestingly a lot of the assists in this selection came from BJ & Snoddy [:D]

I thought his English would be better after spending over 4 years in England.......but then he has been living in Leeds, so perhaps understandable. 

The more I think about Becchio the more I like it... hopefully he can hit the ground running whether that''s starting or off the bench.

Should help with so many players already knowing his game.

If you argue that the SPL is roughly the same as lower championship level he''s got a better scoring record than Hooper this year! Hoopers 13 for the run away best team in the league who are constantly on the attack v Becchio''s 16 for an average mid table team. I know Hopper''s scored in the CL this year but Russel Martin''s scored 2 against Man City this year so it doesn''t count for too much.

Personally I don''t think Hooper is worth any more than £5m at the most and that''s only because he plays for Celtic and if they were both the same age I''d choose Becchio over Hooper anyway. So yeah I''m dead pleased with this signing!

I think he is more of a poacher than any other type of player. We often make many chances that we fail to put away so if we play him on a regular basis we may get a pleasant surprise. Given that Morison had for whatever reason faded badly it is like getting a free player and we have nothing to lose.With what we have hopefully we willcross the line. If we do survive then better quality needs to be brought in to give us more strenth in depth

I''ve fancied Becchio here for the last couple of windows and had him as my next Leeds signing.

I think he will be a real handful and love the thought of him coming on after 65 mins either to replace Holt or work with him.