Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Why has KK been written off already?

Ok so he''s only "done it" in a foreign league but why does that automatically mean he wont "do it" here in the Premiership?I''ve seen people criticise his goalscoring record which is silly bearing in mind how many our current lot have got.Do people honestly think that Hoot would sign a player if he didnt think it was going to work out? Please, just give him a chance.

I''m actually excited to see him play, ok I don''t know too much about him but after watching some videos he seems like a good guy with some skills. Doesn''t matter what league he played in, he could fit in and be great or maybe he won''t, who knows until he have played a few games for us. I don''t see the logic in writing him off already.

Not actually heard anyone write him off and as he plays out wide his goal stats are excellent. really should give us different options and no big gamble financially. thumbs up from me.

We heard this when Kane was brought in give him chance etc, nobody wants the boy to be rotten but where he is coming from i personally dont have alot of hope that he will do the business, over the moon to be proved wrong mind you.

Im looking forward to seeing Kei play. Was reading an article earlier that noted he has been responsible (either scoring or getting the assist) in 45% of Kansas City''s goals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. They were saying that KC are almost entirely dependent on him and their whole game plan is give the ball to Kei and let him run at the defence. 
That to me, sounds like something we dont currently have. Pilks will run at his man, and so will Snoddy, but they don''t possess enough pace to do it consistently and terrify defenders with the threat of it. Jacko possesses the pace to do it but it''s not really his game. Having someone to run at players the way Hucks used to would be a big asset and add a dimension we don''t have atm.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

I haven''t written him off. But he has got to win my respect and admiration. I will boo him until he has done so.

Mungo

[/quote]

That was actually quite funny. Your true colours as a parody account (or have I put too many letters in there?) are starting to show.

Here''s a perspective from an SKC fan.

Kei is very good in the air (he scores with his head a lot) and very good on his feet when he''s 1-on-1 with a defender and has some space in the midfield. He''s less good 1-on-1 when he gets near the box, but he has a decent eye for passing lanes and knows when to crash the goal for service.

Contrary to what I''ve read, Kei does track back and help out on defense a lot. SKC plays a very agressive 4-3-3 with the left and right backs very involved in the attack, so our left and right wingers do overlap and get back when they have to.

His big weakness is his shot. He lead the league in shots with 134 and was second in the league with shots on goal at 49, but scored only 11 times. For comparison, golden boot winner Chris Wondolowski was second in shots with 127 but scored a league high 27 goals. Keis shots to goals ratio is 8.2%. You''ll see lots of shots. Many of them will be poor. Finishing was actually a huge problem for Kansas City all season, despite being a dominant team in the league.

Best way to use Kei would be on set pieces and as a late game sub until he gets his legs under him. He''s good at making runs and running at guys from midfield and he really is a beast in the air. He''s also a real character. He''s challanged fans to impromptu snowball fights via Twitter, and if you want to get on his good side, buy him some Chipotle.

Good move for Norwich on loan? Certainly? Is Kei permanent Premiership material? I honestly don''t know. Maybe. He''s worth a look. Though I will say if Norwich tried to buy him outright without a loan though I''d think they were a little crazy...

Answer to OPs title

Because he didn''t cost ££££ millions

He played in the MLS

I''m hoping he will be a decent surprise package.

Lets let the fella settle and not pass judgement after 20-30 minutes of him being on the pitch ;-)

OTBC.

It all comes down to whether he can hack the pace and workrate of the EPL. His unpredictability could work in our favour but also against us. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I''m excited for his arrival. From what i''ve seen on Youtube and his Twitter he''s charismatic which will be good for the morale of the squad, he''s appreciative of the chance to come here and play, wants to be here and do well, and as someone else said his goal celebrations look ace! I''m backing him for success :-)

[quote user="Nick"]Think Kei will be the surprise package. Michu?[/quote]

Bless you.

No, he in''t nearly good enough to be a Michu.  More of a Free-chu, and you gets what you pays for.

He looks quite a handful. Lets just see how it goes. Its only a loan after all. Africans tend to do well in the prem due to their strength power and pace and I should imagine he will have more of an impact than kane.

Sorry if this has been posted, found a piece on you tube worth a look.

Its an insight into his life.

Dont know how to post a link, look up

Fox Sports: Kei Kamara