Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

QPR vs Norwich Match Thread

Big shout out to Bunn for keeping us in the game today at times.

We need to look at our system very carefully though, we seem to just invite pressure onto ourselves in the last 20 minutes, and that''s absolutely got to change.

As for the rest though, we played decently in spells, and created enough to win the game - just the same problem as usual, not converting our chances. I think I heard someone say one goal in about 12 games for Holt or something like that, that''s terrible!

Have to say what a signing Camp''s been. Since he signed Bunn has up''d his game and thought he had a great game.

The cameo appearance by Becchio was ok. Won a couple of flick on''s and was unlucky not to win a pen. I know you can''t judge a player being on the pitch for 10 mins i feel he has enough about him to do well.

Good day for goalkeepers. Bunn made some crucial saves, as did Cesar.Today highlighted how poor we are at passing the ball in midfield. Doesn''t matter who you have up front if your can''t get the ball to them.

Great fighting point. Garrido needs a rest, every other defender was immense along with BJ because the ball just keeps coming back.

The commentators said Holt looked half a stone heavier than last season and this must be true. He is working really hard all over the pitch but hasn''t taken care of himself, he just cannot get away from his defender.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Dont know if Johnson is out of steam, but his closing up play is horrible at the moment.[/quote]Johnson was outstanding, clear MoM for me.I''ll forgive him being a little out of breath in the 95th minute.

[quote user="school boy error"][quote user="technika"]absolute steaming pile of sh1t

a very very FORTUNATE point

going down playing like this

hughton out[/quote]It was dreadful yes but we aren''t going down you buffoon[/quote]

im sorry, how many points is that from the last 9 games ?they BARELY managed to grab a point against the team rooted to the bottom of the table today, under the cosh for pretty much the entire second half, its awful

F me that was a stressful second half. He really needs to sort out his use of subs. Glad we hung on for point though. That will hurt them more than us methinks.

I thought Tettey had a terrific game for the most part, and gave the ball away far less often than others.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="school boy error"][quote user="technika"]absolute steaming pile of sh1t

hughton out[/quote]It was dreadful yes but we aren''t going down you buffoon[/quote]

im sorry, how many points is that from the last 9 games ?they BARELY managed to grab a point against the team rooted to the bottom of the table today, under the cosh for pretty much the entire second half, its awful[/quote]so if i say its 2 games unbeaten, moved up a place and 8 points clear with 7 teams below us we are still the worst team in Premiership history by your standard?

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Johnson''s great until he gets the ball.

Hughton doesn''t have a clue.

Take the point though[/quote]His distribution has improved considerably since last season.He plays lofted balls over the full-backs into the channels with accuracy, and his short to medium range passing has been zipping along nicely as well.I just wish he''d let fly a little bit more often when he gets the ball 25+ yards out.

[quote user="technika"]im sorry, how many points is that from the last 9 games ?they BARELY managed to grab a point against the team rooted to the bottom of the table today, under the cosh for pretty much the entire second half, its awful[/quote]I agree, it was awful today, but we are still 8 points clear of the relegation zone, and have plenty of winnable home games to come. You would think after watching us away from home this season people would have got used to Hughton playing for the draw but apparently not. Its not pretty, and I don''t particularly like it but it does look like its going to keep us up.

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Johnson''s great until he gets the ball.

Hughton doesn''t have a clue.

Take the point though[/quote]His distribution has improved considerably since last season.He plays lofted balls over the full-backs into the channels with accuracy, and his short to medium range passing has been zipping along nicely as well.I just wish he''d let fly a little bit more often when he gets the ball 25+ yards out.[/quote]It was a poor game missing chances, and the ability of the manager has to be questioned why doesn''t he change it earlier on and what is the fascination of sitting back and defending for are lives all about?

Happy with the point but not happy with the performance of the management team. Match after match we end up under the cosh defending for our lives for the majority of the 2nd half and nothing is ever done about it, no subs or tactical changes to try to stop the onslaught, it''s just a case of stick with it and hope it comes off.

totally agree JF - it''s like Hootaan only has one team he likes to play, and one game plan. If that fails it''s just a case of weathering the storm.

That has GOT to change, and is absolutely half the reason we''re in a downward spiral. Injuries have forced him away from his one strategy, so we struggle

I''ll take a point but very disappointed. Hughton is really trying my patience with his pathetic use of subs.

Thought Johnson was awful today, couldn''t pass for toffee, so many wasteful punts to no one and wasn''t making an impact on the QPR midfield.

Kudos to Bunn for improving last couple of games though don''t like the fact we don''t ever play it short from the keeper anymore, think its impacted on our play long term.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="technika"][quote user="school boy error"][quote user="technika"]absolute steaming pile of sh1t

im sorry, how many points is that from the last 9 games ?they BARELY managed to grab a point against the team rooted to the bottom of the table today, under the cosh for pretty much the entire second half, its awful[/quote]so if i say its 2 games unbeaten, moved up a place and 8 points clear with 7 teams below us we are still the worst team in Premiership history by your standard?[/quote]

never fails to amaze how people seem to read things that havnt actually been writteni didnt say anything about being the worst team in premiership history did ilets see how things stand after the rest of the games today. its appalling to watch, and if you think that was a point won by anything other than hanging for dear life then youre sorely mistaken, it wasnt a good point, it wasnt a good performance, we just scraped a point hanging on against a rubbish team with 3 or 4 new players in their starting line up that have never played together beforeCant score, manager has no plan B (even with his new "superstar" championship signing), happy to try and snatch a point. its absolute tosh. even eadie acknowledged too many people are clinging onto the points scored from the ten game run and reminded everyone about what happened last time.

[quote user="JF"]Happy with the point but not happy with the performance of the management team. Match after match we end up under the cosh defending for our lives for the majority of the 2nd half and nothing is ever done about it, no subs or tactical changes to try to stop the onslaught, it''s just a case of stick with it and hope it comes off.[/quote]

I didn''t (luckily?) see the game but the bottom line was we wanted to deny QPR a win, and did that. Switching to two up front much earlier might have worked and produced a winner, or might have seen us under more pressure and so beaten. But - given that we now have Becchio - I would say that if we are drawing 0-0 or 1-1 with Fulham next Saturday with 30 minutes to go then Hughton should be more adventurous and go for the win.