Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Johnson outstanding

I thought Bradley Johnson was outstanding today...got stuck in and gave absolutely everything...that''s the passion and commitment our fans want and deserve to see...he''s not even on 50 grand a week plus like some of the qpr players. They could learn a lot from him.

Great performance from mark bunn also!

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]I thought Bradley Johnson was outstanding today...got stuck in and gave absolutely everything...that''s the passion and commitment our fans want and deserve to see...he''s not even on 50 grand a week plus like some of the qpr players. They could learn a lot from him.

Great performance from mark bunn also![/quote]Agreed.  Was my man of the match quite clearly, with Turner / Snodgrass tied for 2nd.

Was my man of the match.

Must have broken up about a dozen QPR attacks, the man is a machine.

The idiot a few above clearly doesn''t understand football and thinks that we can just have 11 Hoolahan''s on the pitch.

He''s probably going to end up in the top 3 for player of the season, I know he''d be in mine....

Didn''t think he was outstanding. The nice little 5 yard pass straight to SWP in the first 10 minutes summed up most of his passing game.

I do now believe it is entirely a composure issue with him. When he''s got time on the ball, he can pick out a decent pass; he played one lovely little through ball for E Bennett to run on to midway through the second half and another half decent one in the first half.

However, if there is an opposition player closing him down, he doesn''t seem to know what he''s doing. He panics and either gives it straight to an opposition player or hoofs it forward aimlessly.

But he did get stuck in today, and made one extremely crucial header to take the ball of Samba''s head in the first half.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Thought he was awful myself but there you go[/quote]Yeah, actually, now that you''ve pointed it out in detail how awful he played, he was terrible and always will be terrible.  Sometimes I even wonder if he has any limbs, he slithers around the pitch serpentinely.Let''s sell him to Colchester reserves for a proper haircut and a scratchcard.

His passing was poorer than it has been recently, which is a shame. A pass completion rate of 63% is just not good enough. Defensively, he was solid and for long parts of the game it was Johnson and Tettey dragging us through the game. If his passing had been better, he would''ve been outstanding, but it wasn''t. So a decent performance but not much else (rather like the rest of the team TBF.)

He gave his all as usual, just a shame he can''t play football. Ball retention is paramount in this league but i think we''re one of the worst at it unfortunately...

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]I thought Bradley Johnson was outstanding today...got stuck in and gave absolutely every pass to QPR...that''s the passion and commitment our fans want and deserve to see...he''s not even on 50 grand a week plus like some of the qpr players. They could learn a lot from him. Great performance from mark bunn also![/quote]

£50k a week, none of our players are. Although Luton could say the same to us, non of their players are on over £3k a week!

Defensively I thought he was outstanding. He''ll never be known for his vast array of pinpoint passes, but he did get a shot on target today! 😀

Didn''t feel the need to add an opinion likely to get shot down Orly. If you''re that bothered for my reasoning its in the match thread. Like the dramatic Colchester thing, obviously thats what I think

[quote user="Gnasher"]*Didn''t feel the need to add an explanation of an opinion likely to get shot down Orly[/quote]Hehe, it''s ok.  Don''t be worried about expressing yourself fully.Most of the "shooting down" on this board is as wayward as some people would have us believe Johnson''s shooting is.  (Coincidentally, if I had to pick anyone to shoot from 20 yards out, it would be Johnson).;)

Well you still managed to figure out I obviously want to sell him on the basis of one game so well done you.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Well you still managed to figure out I obviously want to sell him on the basis of one game so well done you.[/quote]Oh, I upset you with my first, mildy facetious comment?I''m sorry.*hugs**kisses*Sheejus man.  It''s the internet. Lulz.

He probably did well in tackling, but Bassong was surely the hero in defence, closely followed by Turner. (The fuulbacks had a less good game.)

We have known that Johno''s strength is not in his passing - several attacks broke down when the ball was played to him, but he was up with play and covered a lot of ground. I don''t think that Tettey is a great visionary when it comes to passing. He runs at the opposing defence and when tackled slides the ball to a colleague, usually, although the colleague may be marked.

My feeling is that the central midfield area is one which will need attention. They both add to the defence, bur neither is particularly creative.

Aggy that didn''t sum up his passing game, he has a good range of passing, and gets most of them on target, he was one of only 2/3 who actually tried to be creative on the ball, and it nearly worked a couple of times. Played a few good balls over to Snod and generally did very well.

I was very impressed with Snoddy today actually, kind of understand the hype after that performance.

I do think Johnson did well because he broke up a lot of the qpr attacks..ok he has got his weaknesses but I don''t think qpr couldn''t get an fluidity in their play with one of the reasons being Bradley Johnson. Ok he might not be technically gifted but he is one who did a good job today. I enjoy the opinions of different fans on here!

Like I said GP, he picked out one or two decent passes when he had enough time to do so. Every time there was a QPR player within 10 yards of him, he gave it away. I can make a 5 yard pass when I''m not being pressured. The large majority of professional midfielders will be able to pick out a decent through ball when they''re not pressured. But in the prem you will be pressured. And when Johnson is, he very very rarely looks like he''s got a clue what to do with it.

Good player for games where you need someone to get stuck in (and today was probably one of those), but I''d be looking for someone with a bit more class on the ball in the summer.