Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

At least a million quid knocked off greeno's value

That''s assuming of course that someone still wants to buy him after recent performances. Maybe we should have got rid when we had the chance rather than see his reputation and value drop week after week

Be honest even the best keeper in the world would struggle to look good with our back four in front of him.  We currently fail to deal with most crosses, barely manage to clear the ball out of our own penalty box, and allow most opposition strikers a free shot at goal on numerous occasions throughout the game. 

[quote]That''s assuming of course that someone still wants to buy him after recent performances. Maybe we should have got rid when we had the chance rather than see his reputation and value drop week after we...[/quote]

I have for several weeks been very disappointed with his performances, but as with Fleming NW will stand by he even if it means it costs us points, Neil Adams & many posters regularly remind us that if it hadn''t been for RG we would be in all sorts of trouble? (well I''ve got news for you!!) This hyperthetical were as recent mistakes that have cost goals are fact - Southampton, Fulham, Bolton West brom at home 

I fully concede that when he''s on form he is one of the best shot stoppers in the league, unfortunatly he has weaknesses that are now being exposed, 

[quote]That''s assuming of course that someone still wants to buy him after recent performances. Maybe we should have got rid when we had the chance rather than see his reputation and value drop week after we...[/quote]

Are you on a wind up?

Greeno has been great this season. Yes, he had a bad game today, but that doesn''t make him a liability. It can''t be much fun going into every game know you''re going to concede and be under fire so much...

Think before posting

Clearly Greeno''s confidence has been knocked badly - no top level keeper likes conceeding 50plus goals - the back four were crap - simple as that -very unlucky to lose Eddie yesterday - Greeno was awful today but cannot blame him for all the other games. Sorry to say but we really looked like a dead and buried 1st division team in the 2nd half this afternoon - if worthington doesnt play shackell in the next game .........

For gods sake this board is getting ridiculous. If someone makes a mistake they''re suddenly suggested as the reason we''re in the relegation zone

Green is one of this clubs most valuable assets, if not the most valuable, fools

Greeno is a good keeper who pulls of some amazing saves but prone to some basic mistakes and does not command his area , due probly to our hesitant defence and why does he punch when he should be grabbing hold of crosses . But when people were saying he was better than Gunn i,m afraid he is not in his league yet, why do you think that no big club has come in for greeno, if he was that good he would have been off no doubt about that especially with both man utd and arsenal looking for a top keeper ,still he is young and can only improve and i have no doubts that he can iron out his short comings to be a top keeper.

Perhaps the clue to Greeno''s performance yesterday was evident in the preseason friendly match v Great Yarmouth.

In absolutely horrendous wind and rain, much like yesterday, he palmed a hopeful lob from a Yarmouth player into his own net to give a highly improbable goal to a team some ten leagues or more below us. 

Maybe those conditions affect his judgement , should he do his training under a a shower hose in future ? 

Only joking, long live Greeno !

[quote]For gods sake this board is getting ridiculous. If someone makes a mistake they''re suddenly suggested as the reason we''re in the relegation zone Green is one of this clubs most valuable assets, if no...[/quote]

Bloody well said, Beds Canary!.

no player is immune from criticism when due - and he did make mistakes yesterday - but consider the FACT that without Green we would not have been promoted in the first place and also consider how fewer points we would have without him this season too.

For those knee-jerkers.....you''ll miss him considerably if/when he goes.

For two seasons I''ve been saying on occasion, that Green is a marvellous reaction shot stopper, i+ point. Against many poor points, like not commanding his area.  Is short of courage when called upon to go to attackers feet. Is slow to react to crosses which he parries instead of catching. Is a big lad who does not use his physical presence to dominate the six yard area.  His laid back attitude in interviews shows that may be his mind is on other things and looks tired, and out of sorts. Like many others in the team at present he shows a lack of athletic vigour and enthusiasm.  They do just not look switched on!!!!!!

[quote]no player is immune from criticism when due - and he did make mistakes yesterday - but consider the FACT that without Green we would not have been promoted in the first place and also consider how few...[/quote]

Maybe filletthefishwif but its not fact that without green we would not have gone up a bit of disservice to the rest of the squad , and dont forget some of the points he has lost us as well works both ways.

First it was Bentleys fault. Then Holt. Then Francis. I think even the tea lady got some stick for putting too much sugar in the players drinks.

Now Green is to blame for all thats wrong in the world.

Jeez people, get over it already.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again - Green is the best young goalkeeper in this country. Clear enough?

He is better than Robinson, Kirkland and James. Comprehend?

Look at the last two England first choices - Seaman and James - they never made errors did they? Nope, solid as a rock, game in, game out.

What you  are all forgetting is that Green has been a Premiership goalkeeper for SIX MONTHS. Did you know your job inside out and never made a mistake in the first six months?

And have you also forgotten that without Green we wouldn''t even be in this league?

Are you the same people that turned on Gunn, booed Goss and applauded Roberts getting subbed when their form dipped? Feels good does it?

Well, I hope you enjoy Green playing for England in the next couple of world cups, and winning major European honours at whichever club he ends up at.

We can always get Andy Marshall back I guess.

I think that Green''s ''mistakes'' should be seen in the context of other ''keepers mistakes.

It seems commonplace now for keepers to have a howler. Have keepers suddenly become accident prone or is there some other factor being over looked ? The ball.

Recent changes to '' make the game more entertaining have given us something that resembles a beachball rather than a football. Check the third goal yesterday.

If Green is punching the ball more it is because of this change. Likewise spectacular long shorts are becoming part and parcel of every game as well as are horrendous miskicks, slices and scuffed shots. Try keeping a count next time you watch MOTD.

All things being equal this should affect all clubs the same. It does. But for us we have a midfield that is not closing down attackers and a defence that is all too often at sixes and sevens over who should be marking who. Green is not being protected enough. Compare how Blackburn scored at Carrow Road in November with how they got their second yesterday. The diminutive Dickov with close range headers !

Mad last minute charges may make for good telly and great crowd fun but they are no susbstitute for the stability and consistency of last season Claiming we are superfit may sound good and lay claim to some of the above recoveries but I wonder if this is not being carried out at the cost of so many short term injuries. What might help is to devise some kind of strategy that doesn''t see us conceding the first goal or two rather than as some kind of olympic decathalon entrants.

I have to wonder at some of Worthington''s decisions. The sudden departure of Mackay,the freezing out of Bentley over a training ground prank and the unexplained dropping of Drury. It leads me to wonder if some of this so called team spirit is as much a part of his wish as it is reality.

If he subscribes to the notion of dropping failing players then let him sit it out this week in the build up to the Man City game. Publicly labelling Blackburn as bullies was only ever going to fire them up - as yesterday''s result amply showed. Naivety at it''s worst.

Put Shackle in the defence - he can''t do no worse. Give Huckerby a rest and bring him on for the final hurrah if needed and make sure we let Green know he''s still our number one if not England''s ........yet.

green makes me laugh!

1 minute he fudges up a easy save...... the next he pulls of a blinding double save

Helskinki sums it up for me -  who wouldnt have their confidence knocked playing beind the current back four?

For the first time in his life Greeno is facing some of the best players in the world who hit the ball harder, faster and with more variation in movement than he has experienced before.  To compound this he has a defence that seems incapable in the noble art of defending with a manger who favours effort over ability.  In midfield we have players who runa round a lot but rarely make a tackle adnd frequently get by passed far too easily, when did they last dominate a game - Bristol Rovers???   As a result he faces more shots than any other keeper in the league yet remains in the top half of keepers in the Opta stats.

his performances have earnt us many points, as well as losing us some (like sat) yet his contribution is still a positive, which cannot be said for any of the defensive unit.

Greeno is rightly a legend, streets ahead of ward or gallagher on any sensible measure, and better than the vast majority of prem keepers.  I wouldnt swap him for any in the prem who are as error prone as he is, and to accuse Worthy of being blind to him is laughable - that accusation stands on many of the team but not to greeno who will play for england one day - the only other players in the squad who will make that level consisently will continue to  be Helveg and Jonson.

OTBC 

This topic is a complete and utter joke!  As already stated with the number of shots Green has to contend with and our poor defending full stop, he is bound to make mistakes.

I can''t think the England midweek experience was too helpful either. Keeping the bench warm in a meaningless friendly and filling in as a left back on the training pitch - not ideal for focus before a crucial 6 pointer in atrocious conditions.

[quote]Be honest even the best keeper in the world would struggle to look good with our back four in front of him. We currently fail to deal with most crosses, barely manage to clear the ball out of our own...[/quote]

Great point Silver Fox, 100% agree. How can you blame Greeno for any of our defeats? I think statistaclly he has made more saves than any other goalkeeper in the Premiership this season and that stat in itself is the reason we''re down the bottom. The centre backs are useless!!

We cannot defend, simple as that. When will Worthy realise that Flem is a total liability at this level. We should be playing:

LB: Drury
CB: The Doc
CB: Charlie
RB: Eddie

[quote]ZLF - i was fully in agreemnet until i read the last word. Jonson? You''re having a laugh. Consistently disappointing maybe...[/quote]

FTFW - I can only assume that the number of players Sweden can chose from is limited - if he was playing Swedish national footie in a no quality danish league I am sure prem footie has helped him.   Sweden are as good if not better than the English national side and I cant see him NOT being picked unless injured - thats the reason I added him to the list; I cant help it if he fits their bill so he has to be in the list;  I couldnt see him making an England side though.

OTBC

[quote]First it was Bentleys fault. Then Holt. Then Francis. I think even the tea lady got some stick for putting too much sugar in the players drinks. Now Green is to blame for all thats wrong in the world...[/quote]

At last WSPW, common sense prevails. Although I see no one had the guts to challenge you, why? because you''re right, that''s why!. 

Some of the idiots and moaner''s on here wouldn''t know class like Greeno, if it sneaked up and bit them in the a***. Like you, they sicken me, did they ever see Simon Tracy play for City?.

Will they learn mate?, doubtful, it''ll be some other poor s**s turn next week I expect!.

Maybe even mine!.

Ho hum!.

Its quite amazing (and credit to Jonson) that Jonson has scored no goals this season, and hasn''t made an assist except Jarvis''s goal vs Liverpool this season, yet is still liked by the fans. I think that shows how Norwich fans recognise his effort and contribution to the team.As far as Green goes, I feel he is in a poor run of form, but the main problem I see is that he is too far into a comfort zone. A move to a bigger club, with higher pressures is what is needed to enhamnce his career without a doubt