Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

good perfomance, good result

means we now go 2 games unbeaten, move up a place and are 8 points clear of the drop. looking at today''s games that isn''t going to change.What impressed me was the desire and fight for the ball from the midfield and the defence which we haven''t seen the last few games.Bassong, Turner and Bunn were all outstanding. Good to see Hoolahan giving as good as he got physically as well.Both teams had chances, on another day this would have ended with goals. I think Hughton not bringing Becchio on earlier was the RIGHT decision as i thought it would upset team shape which had been solid all through.We need to be a bit more snappy with the crossing at times.I await the barrage of abuse, name calling and "Hughton is a joke!" comments that will now follow.

Not a bad outlook, but with ten minutes to go we dropped 2 points at home, and did enough to win today but didn''t. We could very well have picked up 6 points from the last two games, but given recent for 2 points from 6 isn''t bad either.

We need to do better though, we just need a win from somewhere.

Spot on Jas - agree completely with your analysis. A valuable point - and stops QPR getting up any momentum - they would have been banking on winning that game.

We should be looking for a win, I suppose, but I am happy with this - facing a star-studded team with a good manager, and needing three points so played for their life. (I won''t say anything about the Ref., but he seemed  to think that fouls could only be punished if done against QPR.)

This was a good point, it was a must win game for QPR with their situation, their fans, players and Redknapp will have known that. If they dont win games at home against teams like us that means they have to go and beat one of the big boys to make up the points they''ll need.

Solid display, happy with a point to b fair

Excellent penalty save from bunn

3 points against Fulham next please

Would rather get the 3 points what was there for the taking and take the pressure off now rather than later, believed hoolahan should of came off in the 60-70min after doing very little after missing a couple of chances the first he should of done a lot better and second good goal keeping.

I agree Jas, I must say it felt at times as though the ref had had some cash from Fernández too! He gave us nothing! Our keeper saved a penalty which wasn''t one

...omg the FA wants qpr in the prem, but we got a point good stuff

Good point, lets hope results go our way today with those around us.

We need 3 points, 3 out of the next four at home. We need points from these 4 at a minimum. Becchio and kk need to be involved, eb will be lucky to play from this point.

Only bad thing was today was that eb was ghost like for me, even in tracking back he looked lacklustre. So kk can start ahead of him for me.

Sorry, can''t agree with that at all.

Bassong was giving me waking nightmares, he is just too casual sometimes, which is a terrible trait in a CB.

Garrido didn''t look like he wanted to be there. Holt was better defensively than in attack, Wes had few options so was reduced to pirouetting furiously before losing the ball.

We seemed to over-complicate it or lump it. We looked nervy.

I did think EB improved as the game went on; if he could only up his self-confidence he''d offer a really useful alternative to Snoddy/Pilks.

I thought it was a good point today, QPR obviously thought this was going to be a fairly easy game and we frustrated them by good defending although I thought Bassong wasnt at his best, as a team we did very well, for all those fans in the Norwich & Peterboro who slag off Bunn , well i hope you have watched the last 2 games, midfield today we have good bite, and we did play on the break well when we had the chance, just no inspired through balls or too much up top, but all in all a good point.    We have Fulham at home next week and hopefully we can turn our good attitude into more clear cut chances and get a few goals.Get behind the team, Come on you yellows !!!!!!

[quote user="smooth"]Good point, lets hope results go our way today with those around us.

We need 3 points, 3 out of the next four at home. We need points from these 4 at a minimum. Becchio and kk need to be involved, eb will be lucky to play from this point.

Only bad thing was today was that eb was ghost like for me, even in tracking back he looked lacklustre. So kk can start ahead of him for me.[/quote]Cause he is a right winger not left, ask snodgrass why he couldn''t swap when he is able to play left

When we beat Fulham, these 2 points from the last 2 games will be even more impressive and important. By next weekend we could be double figure points clear of the relegation zone. Good shift from Holty today but, if we are keeping with one up top, i would give LB a start....or go 442 with both up there and one DM.

It''s a decent away point. The lads battled hard. Not much quality though. Holt was isolated, as usual.Poor passing in midfield. How slow are we at getting the ball out to our wingers? Who in turn have little chance to play in Holt, who must despair at the lack of service.Bunn saved us a point. Funny what a bit of competition for your place does. I do think all three points were there for a manager capable of making subtle

tactical changes - sadly, that''s not our Chris though, is it. 

I thought that we were absolutely quality today, against a QPR team who were quality today.

QPR will stay up.

Brilliant game of football, matched them all over the pitch, they scared us a lot for periods, lost our composure once or twice, but Townsend, Jenas, Taarabt, and Mackie all showed real class today.

Bradley Johnson was immense for me today, must have broken up at least a dozen QPR attacks.

The Hoolahan effort in the second half required a world class save. Watch it again tonight, he really f''in hammered that ball at Cesar, brilliant reaction save.

Johnson''s 25 yarder was a decent effort as well. Becchio coming on seemed to give everybody a lift, he won 2 out of 3 headers.... and he''s going to score goals. You can tell he just oozes confidence in the 7 minutes that we saw him.

Can''t fault a single player. Yes Garrido got ripped apart, but I can only think of two or three who wouldn''t have today to be honest.

100% happy with the performance, I actually thought we''d lose today, QPR are now 7 league games unbeaten.... and they have played Man City, Chelsea, and Spurs in those games.

Best we have played for yonks in my opinion.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]

QPR will stay up. .[/quote]

LMAOno. they wontits was rubbish, norwich barely held on and if it wasnt for bunns save it would have another defeat. Cannot score goals = going down

Jas, whilst I wouldnt disagree with what you said in the beginning our passing was woeful at times, we cannot seem to make simple 5 yard passes at all!!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]This was a good point, it was a must win game for QPR with their situation, their fans, players and Redknapp will have known that. If they dont win games at home against teams like us that means they have to go and beat one of the big boys to make up the points they''ll need.[/quote]
From our point of view, I don''t see why it matters whether it was a 6 pointer for QPR or not. Three teams go down so stopping them from getting two extra points is only 1/3 of the problem. Arguably, the other teams around us will be thinking that we have dropped two points against the worst team in the division. Who cares if it makes QPR''s job harder? It also makes ours harder.
Having said that, I would probably have been just about happy with a point today. I still think we were far too deep and negative and that we offered very little going forward really. Which is a shame, and a little bit of a worry, considering we were playing against such a poor side, even if we were away from home.

Happy, could have gone either way but two good keepers making fine saves.

What concerns me is Snoddy''s reluctance to play on the left, seems to me that if he went over that side and Bennett went right it would have been more balanced (as Bennett is pretty much useless on the left wing). Another alternative would have been to bring Howson on for Pilks and push Johnson LM.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Happy, could have gone either way but two good keepers making fine saves.

What concerns me is Snoddy''s reluctance to play on the left, seems to me that if he went over that side and Bennett went right it would have been more balanced (as Bennett is pretty much useless on the left wing). Another alternative would have been to bring Howson on for Pilks and push Johnson LM.[/quote]good suggestion re Subs...would like to have had Kamara available to come on for Pilks, or even have another Attacking midfielder and put Wes on the left...