Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Villa, Newcastle and Wigan winning...........

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I wouldn''t say going to Goodison Park and scoring 3 goals is incapable.[/quote]
Being in the lead numerous times and slipping from such good vantages.... that''s generally incapable.

Wigan''s draw with Sunderland also helps in that it prevents Sunderland from pulling away from it all. Only a point ahead of us so could quite easily fall back in again.

Newcastle''s win may unsettle some but they are the most unlikely of teams in the lower third of the table. Again, now only a point behind us but in a way I think it helps.

You have quite a clear bottom three with Reading and Southampton sitting between them and another group of four teams with only two points between the lowest and highest.

A lot will come down to us letting teams around us getting 3 points of us.

Despite what the chaps on sky said it looks like QPR really rely on the Taraabt show - without him today they would have struggled badly.

We''re 7 point off the drop zone on 28 points, one of 6 teams between 27-30 points. Also we''re playing more like we did in the start of our unbeaten run with the key players who were out in December mostly back. Also Becchio showed more in the 10 minutes he had today than Morison has for some time.

So a decent away point today leaves us well placed and firmly in control of our own destiny. Yes we can''t be complacent but equally the panic by some is over-done.

Perhaps, we should concentrate on putting our own house in order rather than relying on the ineptitude of others. I for one don''t fancy having to beat Villa come May to stay in the PL.

Was looking bad for a while. With the quality Newcastle bought, they''re charging out of the danger zone. The Reading result was a bad one, but thankfully neither Villa nor Wigan won.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Perhaps, we should concentrate on putting our own house in order rather than relying on the ineptitude of others. I for one don''t fancy having to beat Villa come May to stay in the PL.[/quote]

I see your point, but tbh, i would take us losing every game remaining if it meant staying up due to other teams not gaining on us.

I think this season will only require an average of a point per game to be safe. Even after having a bad run I note we''re still three points over par having drawn our last two, hence I see no reason to panic just yet.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Perhaps, we should concentrate on putting our own house in order rather than relying on the ineptitude of others. I for one don''t fancy having to beat Villa come May to stay in the PL.[/quote] I see your point, but tbh, i would take us losing every game remaining if it meant staying up due to other teams not gaining on us.[/quote]

Oh how entertaining that would be! I as a fan pay to be entertained, not to bloody ''not get beat''!

A good day on the whole and the bottom 3 have broken away slightly. QPR have gone from needing 4pts to needing 6pts and possibly 7pts because of their goal difference. Villa are now 2pts adrift, but their horrendous goal diff means they''ll need 3pts realistically.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Perhaps, we should concentrate on putting our own house in order rather than relying on the ineptitude of others. I for one don''t fancy having to beat Villa come May to stay in the PL.[/quote] I see your point, but tbh, i would take us losing every game remaining if it meant staying up due to other teams not gaining on us.[/quote]

Oh how entertaining that would be! I as a fan pay to be entertained, not to bloody ''not get beat''!

[/quote]would you though....If i gave you the option of finishing bottom of the Southern league losing 5-4 every week in end to end football or watching City bore their way to the champions league and beat barcelona 1-0 in the worst game anyones ever seen which would you take?