Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Fulham a must win now?

[quote user="super canary"]Going by todays results we REALLY need to win this one....breathing space needed.[/quote]Not really, 3 wins will be enough and Fulham doesn''t have to be one of them.

I think another 9 points should just about do it but would like to see 3 of them come against fulham just so the team isn''t looking over its shoulders and to stop panic setting in.

Ricardo, if you think Fulham doesnt have to be one of our three wins you think we need, who do you think we will beat?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="super canary"]Going by todays results we REALLY need to win this one....breathing space needed.[/quote]Not really, 3 wins will be enough and Fulham doesn''t have to be one of them.[/quote]

I think Fulham absolutely needs to be one of those wins.

We''ve maintained a very nice lead over the bottom three today so I don''t know why next week is suddenly a must win. I''d say Villa''s home game with West Ham is one that they need to win much more than us needing to beat Fulham.

We maybe need 10 more points. We have games to come v Fulham, Soton, Reading, Villa, WBA and Swansea at home and Sunderland and Wigan away. I''d say we need to win 3 of those games to be safe. That''s 8 chances to win 3 games so Fulham is not a must win, it''s just a game where a win would put us well ahead of schedule.

When you label a game ''must-win'' it just puts unnecessary pressure on the players and fans. Keep calm and carry on...

I would hate to have to be in a position to get something from the Villa game. With the usual stuff surrounding it I can just imagine it being a horrible day. Obviously if we needed to beat them and did it would fantastic but i''d be watching it from behind the sofa! 3 points against Fulham would be awesome. It''s not must win for me but would take a huge load off.

Instead of worrying about Villa at home to Wet sham or anyone else it would be nice to win a game!!! Its been too bloody long!!!

Perhaps i mean a must win in a few senses. Fulham, in my opinion and on paper, is the most winnable game we have had for a while. So, i personally think must win in terms of

-we havent won for a while...big boost to confidence in the team if we do Fulham.

-stretching away from relegation places

-if we lose, we could well be only 4/5 points clear=pressure builds=players get nervous.

-if we beat Fulham and gap increases=players begin to relax a bit more=play with freedom, confidence-less anxious and tense.

So i guess its for those reasons that i feel, and i stress thats just my opinion, that saturday is a must win.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Ricardo, if you think Fulham doesnt have to be one of our three wins you think we need, who do you think we will beat?[/quote]Or even 2 wins and 4 drawsReading, Southampton, Everton, WBA, Swansea, Villa.Perm any 3 from 6

[quote user="baldyboy"]Instead of worrying about Villa at home to Wet sham or anyone else it would be nice to win a game!!! Its been too bloody long!!!
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Well usually a ''must win'' game would be thought of as one where not winning would leave the side in question in serious danger of not achieving their goal for the season.

It''s not because ''we haven''t won for a while'' or other reasons being mentioned on here.

Even if we lose the game we still have a good lead. It would be nice to win as it''s another step towards our goal. But as long as we''re picking up points we need not worry. A draw wouldn''t be a disaster IMO.

I do HOPE we win though!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Instead of worrying about Villa at home to Wet sham or anyone else it would be nice to win a game!!! Its been too bloody long!!![/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[/quote]With more of your thoughts here.

Would be nice to get the win but its not exactly a win or bust situation like some people try to paint.   

Here is some perspective, on 17th December at the end of our unbeaten run we were in 8th and 10 points clear of the relegation places.  Now after such an awful run, albeit with some difficult games, we are in 14th but still 7 points clear of the relegation zone.  In 8 games the gap has closed by just 3 points.  I know we need to pick points up still but it is not panic stations imo.

While I have my stats out did you know that when Harry took over QPR they were 6 points from safety, and now 12 games later they are......6 points from safety!!

No, the Fulham game is not a must win, but it is certainly one that we definitely should win. Our form has picked back up (as most of us thought it would) and we have deserved (at least) the 2 points gleaned from Spuds and QPR, both form teams. It would be good (and ease some of the more moronic comments) to follow this up with a win next week.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]

Would be nice to get the win but its not exactly a win or bust situation like some people try to paint.   

Here is some perspective, on 17th December at the end of our unbeaten run we were in 8th and 10 points clear of the relegation places.  Now after such an awful run, albeit with some difficult games, we are in 14th but still 7 points clear of the relegation zone.  In 8 games the gap has closed by just 3 points.  I know we need to pick points up still but it is not panic stations imo.

While I have my stats out did you know that when Harry took over QPR they were 6 points from safety, and now 12 games later they are......6 points from safety!!

[/quote]Harry Houdini, LOL

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="super canary"]Going by todays results we REALLY need to win this one....breathing space needed.[/quote]

Not really, 3 wins will be enough and Fulham doesn''t have to be one of them.
[/quote]

This.

Plenty of time to pick up 9/10 points unlike QPR.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Instead of worrying about Villa at home to Wet sham or anyone else it would be nice to win a game!!! Its been too bloody long!!!
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[/quote]

With more of your thoughts here.

[/quote]

Never said this about anybody on this forum before, but reading Wiz on a QPR forum taking the piss out himself/Norfolk people and down talking our team, thats a digrace.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Instead of worrying about Villa at home to Wet sham or anyone else it would be nice to win a game!!! Its been too bloody long!!![/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[/quote]With more of your thoughts here.

[/quote]

Never said this about anybody on this forum before, but reading Wiz on a QPR forum taking the piss out himself/Norfolk people and down talking our team, thats a digrace.

[/quote]To be fair to him, if I spent all day in a wheelchair in Lowestoft I''d make my own entertainment too.

Look at our last 2 home games!

Luton we put out a weak side, didn''t perform and didn''t try to make things happen!

Spurs on Wednesday, for the 1st half we made one of the best sides in this Country look ordinary cause we were playing our best possible team, individually played well and we were really trying to make things happen!

With the above in mind, the team should treat every game as a must win then we should stay up!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No, the Fulham game is not a must win, but it is certainly one that we definitely should win. Our form has picked back up (as most of us thought it would) and we have deserved (at least) the 2 points gleaned from Spuds and QPR, both form teams. It would be good (and ease some of the more moronic comments) to follow this up with a win next week.[/quote]

I would never say it is a game that we ''should'' win. Luton was a game that we ''should'' win. Fulham have higher wage earners, higher transfer value players like Berbatov. I think we have a good chance of winning but I don''t think you can ever expect us to win or say that any game in this league is one that we necessarily ''should'' win.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Well we are still 7 points clear but with this slippery slope we appear to be on I think I might have to be[/quote]

So we are still seven points clear and on a slippery slope? In two places at once? I always knew City was brilliant but that''s clever.

If we draw every game we have left, we''ll stay up, right? I''m sure we can all agree that 41 points would be sufficient.

So, we could not win for the rest of the season and still stay up.

How, then, is Fulham a ''must win''?

Still, don''t let facts get in the way of your panicking, eh?