Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

Footballers saints or sinners? - Alan Sugar.

The lovely Mr Sugar has described all football players as, and I quote, "scum, total scum". Now to me this seems pretty unfair, yes there may be a fair few splashing the cash and showing a total disregard for their behaviour but there are also many who do work for charity and live the quiet life.

So posters old and new does anyone have any stories about footballers behaving like saints? Can we put Mr Sugar right or has he summed up the profession fairly? Stories about canaries or other teams please .......

There is the story of London boy who was in a coma, who when he awoke can recall Sol Cambell visiting him several times and talking about football and reading him the results.

Also a close friend of mine had a serious head injury after being knocked of a bicycle.  He was a big Liverpool fan and they happened to be playing City a week after his accident.  John Barnes later visited him in hospital with a signed shirt.

When I was a ball boy in a 2-1 win over West Ham (2 Dale Gordon goals) Ludek Miklosko gave me his gloves after the game.

I think it''s good that these players took the time to visit people.

His remarks reveal more about his own character than that of footballers in general.

Looks like his money has distorted his marbles.

Very sad.

OTBC

Good assessment BlyBlyBabes.  As they say, ''it takes one to know one''.  There''s nothing like a sweeping generalisation is there?  (Perhaps he should have had a selection of footballers to recruit an executive from in this new programme of his - he could have really torn into some of them!)