Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Todays other games - what it means to us

[quote user="Baracouda"]I wouldn''t count any away game as winnable.. Premiership Mid-Table sides. (as it was before todays games) Stoke 30pts Sunderland 29pts Fulham 28pts Wet Spam 27pts Norwich 27pts Away Record Stoke 1win and 9pts Sunderland 3wins 13pts Fulham 2wins 10pts Wet Spam 2wins 8pts Norwich 1win 8pts. Home Record Stoke 5wins 21pts Sunderland 4wins 18pts Fulham 5wins 18pts Wet Spam 5wins 19pts Norwich 5wins 19pts Unless everyone of these teams is a relegation candidate this season, why are we any different, are stats and performance is very typical of a mid table side, good at home, poor away, have good runs, bad runs and indifferent runs. That''s life being mid-table.[/quote]

Very good stats to use

[quote user="Highland Canary"]When will it finally begin to hit home that we''re sliding our of the league? A bit more quality up front and we might have beaten QPR. As it is we go into Fulham, a game I would have thought we should win looking as unlikely as ever to win another game.[/quote]

I didn''t mind you to start with, but now you''re starting to bug me. You sound like a mewling quim. SLIDING OUT OF THE LEAGUE?! WTF!

Are you actually mental? Or just pretending to be? When will it hit YOU (hopefully hard) that QPR today went from 4pts from safety to 6pts from safety (potentially 7pts with their goal diff) and that Villa have gone safety to bottom 3 to bottom 2 and 3pts from safety with their goal diff? Wigan have also dropped from safety to bottom 3 and 2pts from safety and we''ve maintained a gap of 7/8 pts in this time. You''re just looking at the fact we''ve gone to 14th. We''ve slid down in places, but not in gap to the relegation zone in terms of points. There''s less teams between us and the bottom 3 yes, but not less points. THAT is the most important thing..the bottom 3 are sliding away slightly from the rest of us.

True, york, but for the late Everton leveller, we would be 5 points off, and looking even more over our shoulders.

The big point is that Hughtons constant negative gameplans will influence the playes thinking, and probably look like a depression in April unless we win 2 of the next 4 homegames

The reason that these home games are more winnable is not just because of who they are against but also because in general this season we have been strong at home. We''ve only really had one poor league performance at home against Liverpool and the only other sides who have beaten us are Man City and Chelsea and we were competitive in both of those games. So as much as we are generally not great away from home (Swansea aside), we are generally pretty decent at home where we tend to have a bot more belief in our own ability.

Aside from that we''ve beaten Man United and Arsenal, drawn with Spurs and the last few times we played sides of a similar ilk to Fulham we got three points against Stoke, Wigan and Sunderland (although spells of both the latter performances were not that great). I would also say that on the balance of play and with a bit more luck we should have beaten West Ham and QPR at home. I think we therefore have every right to expect our team to be highly competitive and have a very good chance of taking 3 points in each of our next 3 home games. Obviously we probably won;t win them all but there is no reason why we can''t. 5 or 6 points or more from them and we will be more or less assured of safety. Less and it starts to get nervy. I would say the next 3 home games will therefore define the remainder of our season.