Sign in to follow this  
YellowFellow

Current myths, IMO

1)We are having a crap 2nd half of the season, after getting 25points in the first 19 games. In reality, in the 6 games of the 2nd half of the season,yes we only have 3 points, but in the corresponding fixtures earlier in the season v QPR,SPURS,WEST HAM, NEWCASTLE, LIVERPOOL and Chelsea, we got 3 points aswell, so on that basis are on course for 50points. Ok its unlikely to repeat wins v man utd and arsenal, but even allowing us to lose those 2 games we will finish on 44points.

2)Bunn is crap. I must admit to being one of those that doubted him and couldnt wait for ruddys return, but, despite his lack of height, Bunns handling has been excellent, great shot stopper, and hasnt really made any major errors, yes hes conceded a few but i dont think any were really his fault, maybe 1or2 he could possibly of done better, but ruddy let in 5 v liverpool and fulham and had his share of problems to, so IMO Bunn is more then a capable back up keeper

3)Holt doesnt care now he has his New contract. Bollox is my first response. Ok he hasnt scored many, but how can anyone doubt his commitment when you watch him tracking back to tackle the opposition winger in out right back position, or tackling in cetre midfield, chasing lost causes down the wings, if anything he does to much for the team, and if the midfiled chased more he could concentrate on getting in the box,

4)Hughton is negative and doesnt know what he is doing. I do think he can be a bit negative, not so much in how we play as such, most teams play similar formations to us with 1 up front and can be very attacking, look at swansea. But i think he can tend to talk up the opposition and maybe the players may feel inferior and dont express themselves as they would under lambert. But i am 100% sure we have more points then we would under lambert, Villa struggled last season but to be fair had bad injuries,I am sure we would be where villa are if he was here.

Yep, I''ve been having my ups and downs this season regarding my opinions on people and the situation at the club, but overall I agree with all you''ve said I think. The negativity thing with CH for me is more about his unwillingness to take an earlier gamble with tactics and substitutions to try to turn 1 point into three. It may have paid off, if he''d been braver in games such as Newcastle, West Ham (home) and both QPR games, I mean even if it resulted in one win and a loss out of those four games we''d have been better off. But, generally, I think we can''t gripe too much, we''re in a reasonable position which when you look at our resources is not a bad achievement. Lets just hope the next 10 game unbeaten run starts at the same point in the second half of the season as it did in the first eh?

We ranout of luck against West Brom, gave 2 of Europes strongest sides Chelsea and Man City close, hard games, struggled at West Ham due to injuries/strange formation yet could of still got something, were poor against a poor Newcastle team, were very poor at Liverpool and yesterday at QPR played well against a team who are going to be and are proving to be hard to beat!

Bunns not as good as Ruddy cause he doesn''t command the area like Ruddy but hes still decent!

Holt does care and is doing a lot of work for the team except the formation doesn''t give hardly andy chances to score!

Hughton is defensive but he does know what he is doing!

[quote user="kingsway"]

We ranout of luck against West Brom, gave 2 of Europes strongest sides Chelsea and Man City close, hard games, struggled at West Ham due to injuries/strange formation yet could of still got something, were poor against a poor Newcastle team, were very poor at Liverpool and yesterday at QPR played well against a team who are going to be and are proving to be hard to beat!

Bunns not as good as Ruddy cause he doesn''t command the area like Ruddy but hes still decent!

Holt does care and is doing a lot of work for the team except the formation doesn''t give hardly andy chances to score!

Hughton is defensive but he does know what he is doing!

[/quote][Y] [Y]