Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Survival or Relegation Poll...

Ok...I was interested in who on this board thinks we will either survive or be relegated. Please do not question anyone''s loyalty...just realistic answers to your evaluation of our season. Just post either SURVIVE or RELEGATED. Here''s mine...

RELEGATED!

My answer is : I am really looking forward to May 2006 when there will be another bus top tour of Norwich City centre and a civic reception at city hall! Read what you like into that.

Well give me an S, give me a U, give me a.... oh sod it let me just say it; SURVIVAL!  If someone had told me that by the middle of February we would be two points off 4th from bottom, I would have taken it.  Honestly I would

Still too close to call - but we do have to start playing and in particular competing far better than we have been - if we can win a midfield battle for a change, create some chances and see a blessed but lesser spotted clean sheet or two then we can SURVIVE.

However keep defending as we have (against goal shy teams in particular) and we will be relegated.

I know - its a sit on the fence answer but I honestly believe we can still, and have the ability at the club, to survive.

Unfortunately I cant see the defensive changes coming soon enough and as such feel we are more likely to be relegated than survive...

OTBC

SURVIVAL, as of today.

I had hoped for a point on Saturday - lets face it we started brightly on Saturday and could so easily have got the lead. If only.......

So MUST win against Man City. Fail to do that, then the R word starts looking likely.

Relegated.

I am afraid we are just not good enough at doing the simple things and that while we might sneak a result here or there we are a way off from being a force in this division. Its just often too easy for the oppo to outplay us for long periods in most games. I don''t actually feel that our defence is up to scratch for the Champ either and that will need urgent attention regardless of whether we stay up or go down.

PS sorry if this is really gloomy, its a dank drizzly Monday morning...............

SURVIVAL !    why ?   ....... because football  IS a funny old game  .......   there are inexplicable drops in form  that happens to the best of teams   ......  then again we have teams [ like ourselves  ]   who just can`t do a thing right  .... then suddenly  click into  a good spell    in which the goals  suddenly seem easy to get , the ref  is no longer  enemy no 1  ....    and all  the teams that previously  were points ahead   have a form drop   ...... it can happen !   

Relevival!!!

Ie, I don''t know, nobody does. Who cares anyway. I felt more pressure last season trying to get up than I do this season trying to survive, everyone has had us written off from day one anyway!!

The 3 other teams seem to be playing better football and we have the poorest defence but having said that, football is so unpredictable it''s going to be a lottery right to the end

Well as good old Jimmy Greaves used to say...''Its a funny old game'' and I think we will see a few twist and turns before the end of the season. We will have our hopes raised and dashed maybe even more than once. That is what this great game is all about. I hate to say though i think we will be in the bottom 3 at the end of it all. Although spirit is phenominal our lack of overall quality in all areas bah goalkeeper will shine through.