Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

You put your left leg in, your left leg out, in, out, in......

Lots of discussion today on who does what where.   It constantly amazes that professional footballers  can''t kick with both feet, however, just my opinion of course, but based on what I have seen, from my armachair and occasional matches, we are not so bad in midfield and attack in that department -

Holt -  right predominantly but confident with left too - (Everton, ManU goals, last season)Bennett - right footPilks - both feetSnodgrass - contrary to some, has a right foot too, just prefers leftJohnson - left footedTettey - right footedHoolahan - only a left foot, if he took his right foot off the ground he would fall over.............

Snodgrass is definitely left footed, but can use both

Hoolahan can use his right foot well too, just no where near as much as he likes his left foot!

Bennett can use both too, but predominantly right

I agree though, at this level, they should be good with both feet - it''s the main reason why Hoolahan isn''t a world class player because he is so one sided

Am returning from exile to say this:

Snodgrass, Pilkington and E. Bennett are all two-footed. All have played on either wing and down the middle for their previous clubs on numerous occasions. They have their preferred sides, but can play in any of those positions and do a good job.

How you can know so little about your own players is beyond me. You all have search engines, do you not? Research has never been so easy.

It is astonishing how so many pro''s can''t do a thing with their ''wrong'' foot - and you''d be forgiven for not thinking Wes was happy on his right given his refusal to shoot when given the perfect opportunity vs Newcastle.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Am returning from exile to say this:

Snodgrass, Pilkington and E. Bennett are all two-footed. All have played on either wing and down the middle for their previous clubs on numerous occasions. They have their preferred sides, but can play in any of those positions and do a good job.

How you can know so little about your own players is beyond me. You all have search engines, do you not? Research has never been so easy.[/quote]

Good point Millie. Actually, all the research you need is to watch City play. Something, so many of our "I''ve been to every game in the last fifty years" brigade don''t seem to do.

Plenty of times, Snoddy cuts down to the goal line and crosses with his right. Wes both crosses and shoots with his right. Pilks and Bennett also use both feet in matches.

It''s all there if you look. Some how it''s easier to post inaccurate nonsense.