Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Am I the only one who thought our result was good today?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]If you saw the match, you would have seen that that was a good result.[/quote]Which is what I said.(Bangs head on desk in frustration at people''s stupidity)[/quote]

They are bottom right now, and they may still go down, but since Redknapp took over their form is much improved and they''ve taken points against bigger Clubs than us of late. Plus having added further quality in the window, I would say it is too simple to say that today''s result could not be considered ''excellent'' just because they are bottom. They are clearly showing the form of a side that is better than their current position.

But ''good'' or ''excellent'' I suppose we are just arguing the toss. It''s certainly a result I would have taken before the match, perhaps you would agree with that Mister?

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]If you saw the match, you would have seen that that was a good result.[/quote]Which is what I said.(Bangs head on desk in frustration at people''s stupidity)[/quote]

They are bottom right now, and they may still go down, but since Redknapp took over their form is much improved and they''ve taken points against bigger Clubs than us of late. Plus having added further quality in the window, I would say it is too simple to say that today''s result could not be considered ''excellent'' just because they are bottom. They are clearly showing the form of a side that is better than their current position.

But ''good'' or ''excellent'' I suppose we are just arguing the toss. It''s certainly a result I would have taken before the match, perhaps you would agree with that Mister?[/quote]I would have taken a point, yes.  But let''s not confuse "good" with "excellent", they are fundamentally different terms.

The "bottom" club we should have beaten in fact has a much better record than us since Christmas, has lashed out on some more very good players, and had their star player in better form. They have four or five players I suspect that we would love to have. We lost Pilkington, one of our more impactful players, relatively early.

So, with QPR playing "for their lives" and at home, it was a good result. Our defence seems to have become better organised with Bassong''s return.

All in all, it was probably a fair result, and with more accurate finishing we could have edged it.