Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Am I the only one who thought our result was good today?

Clean sheet and a strong performance against a resilient side with Bunn and Snodgrass really impressing. Also lost one in four in the league. Things are getting back on track

whilst it looked good after the game, with this afternoons results i dont think it was that good tbh, a point away against the bottom club, isnt fantastic when other teams around us are picking up points as well. However come the end of the seson it could be the difference between staying up or going down!!

Nope, totally agree. Solid point, could have been alot worse. We aren''t good travelers so any point on the road is a good point as far as i''m concerned.

I said elsewhere - it wasn''t a disaster but it wasn''t as good as some have made out either. It was an ''ok'' result.

[quote user="Morison-s Prozac"]Clean sheet and a strong performance against a resilient side with Bunn and Snodgrass really impressing. Also lost one in four in the league. Things are getting back on track [/quote]No, that was an excellent result, it''s just the doom-mongers being idiots.QPR''s league results so far this year:

QPR 0-0 Man CityWest Ham 1-1 QPR         QPR 0-0 Spurs    Chelsea 0-1 QPR

I agree it was a good result, and the performance was good up to a point as against Spurs. But we had a few too many sloppy moments, giving the ball away too easily and bringing pressure onto ourselves too often when we''d already showed we could match them playing proper football and not just hoofing as we did numerous times in the 2nd half.

We looked weaker as the game went on and bereft of new ideas (same as against Spurs) and so would have liked to have seen a change made earlier (Becchio being the obvious one today).

When you consider that QPR,despite being bottom, have taken points off Man City, West Ham, Tottenham and Chelsea in their previous four Legaue matches, then I am also very happy with a point today. Add the result and performance to the one on Wednesday and its clear that we are getting back on track and I wouldnt be surprised at all if we get a few much needed wins over the nextb four or five matches. Todays game could have gone either way though,as usual Harry put some spin on it, but it wasnt only our keeper who had a great game, yes I am very satisfied  and say that even fearing I could be labelled a "happy clapper" by someone on this board......

Away from home to a side that has just spent £20m.This was a must win game for us and they should have thrown the kitchen sink at us. Ok we are dropping down the places in the league but the gap with 18th club is still 7 pts

I thought it was an excellent point.

It maintained the gap to the bottom 3 with another week gone, it''s another away game out of the way against a side in form who I definitely think will be picking up points regularly from now on and so keeping the 11 point gap to them was massive.

We also have a real nice home run-in now with opportunities for wins and we have now got our best XI back out on the pitch and with Whittaker and Becchio in reserve.

Every away point from now on is a real bonus because I fancy us to pick up some decent home points from hereon in.

it would be nice to pick up points at home, but to do that we need to start converting chances, we have not won a game by more than one goal all season!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]it would be nice to pick up points at home, but to do that we need to start converting chances, we have not won a game by more than one goal all season!![/quote]
So?

[quote user="baldyboy"]it would be nice to pick up points at home, but to do that we need to start converting chances, we have not won a game by more than one goal all season!![/quote]There''s no extra points for winning by more than one.Good away point, could have been more but QPR keeper had a good game.Also Ref more one eyed than in any game this season.Defence looked solid.bring on the Fulham

It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]

I disagree. With the resources at their disposal and the players they have signed it is ridiculous to label them as ''the bottom club''. They aren''t exactly Peterborough are they?

We''ve kept them down, 11 points behind, that was as important as the point that we gained. That is why, in my view, it was an excellent point.

Yours, Mr Little Old Norwich.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"][quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]

I disagree. With the resources at their disposal and the players they have signed it is ridiculous to label them as ''the bottom club''. They aren''t exactly Peterborough are they?

We''ve kept them down, 11 points behind, that was as important as the point that we gained. That is why, in my view, it was an excellent point.

Yours, Mr Little Old Norwich.[/quote]Look at the league table.It is ridiculous not to label them "the bottom club" for one obvious reason.They are the worst team in this division, unless the league table lies.

Thought it was a well won point.

QPR were always going to be lifted by their transfer activity and I think we may have been fortunate that Remy was injured yesterday.

Nice to see us showing more urgency to win the 50/50 balls, my only regret is that Hoots should have used our Subs more and earlier.

Anyway would have taken a point this AM so good result.

Of course they are bottom, but QPR''s recent league form has been good - they beat Chelsea away, drew at West Ham, and have drawn against Man C and Spuds at home. There is no doubt they would have been definitely looking to win today (Lawro said it was a "certainty"), so it would be pretty daft for us to not be relatively happy with a point.

Yorkshire Canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2013 6:17 PM:

Away from home to a side that has just spent £20m.This was a must win game for us and they should have thrown the kitchen sink at us. Ok we are dropping down the places in the league but the gap with 18th club is still 7 pts

Hope that was a typo, that was a must win for them in their position not us, and a point keeping them at the bottom was a good point for us

Although I agree the table doesn''t lie, it''s difficult to pin down a realistic position for a team that changes players (& managers!) with such monotonous regularity. Townsend, & to an extent Samba, made a difference today.

Although I think the result was fine, I don''t think the performance was. My main concerns were Bassong & Garrido, the former made some stupidly careless passes, the latter just didn''t seem to want to be there.

Overall they looked nervy & a bit jaded. We need someone to galvanise the team, or it''s going to get nervy for all of us.

It was a good result considering they missed a penalty, but our inability showed again in hitting the net and hughtons cautioned approach to games.

A decent point away from home. Qpr look more like a team now than they were two months ago remember they are gonna look at teams like ourselves and think we will take 3 pts from us.

It''s two points dropped for them because they desperately need them and a point gained for us. We will get two or 3 wins from our home games left. We have played all the big boys at home remember

["Morison''s Prozac"]Clean sheet and a strong performance against a resilient side with Bunn and Snodgrass really impressing. Also lost one in four in the league. Things are getting back on track

You are right!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]If you saw the match, you would have seen that that was a good result.

Satisfied with the result but still a little unnerved by the performance.

I think the rest of this season is about scraping over the line and letting Hughton build his own side in the summer. If we are still over-cautious,, lacking in confidence and misplacing passes this time next year then I will be less satisfied with this kind of result.

As an aside, if Bassong dwells on the ball or Garrido let''s players push him back 15 yards without a challenge too many more times this season it''s going to really cost us.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Mister Chops"]It wasn''t an "excellent" result, that would have been a win.It was a good result.A 0-0 away at Man U or Man City would be an "excellent" result.  If we think 0-0 away to the bottom club is an "excellent" result then we really are Little Old Norwich.[/quote]If you saw the match, you would have seen that that was a good result.[/quote]Which is what I said.(Bangs head on desk in frustration at people''s stupidity)

Obviously it''s not a great result, but given QPR''s predicament (e.g. fighting for their lives), their recent spending, and the two clubs'' comparative recent form, I''m not sure how anyone can think that a point isn''t a good result.

Unless they''re a bit dim and/or have a vendetta against the manager of course...

win your homes and draw your aways..admittedly we havent won for a bit but 3 points against Fulham next week and we have done just what i said above!