Sign in to follow this  
pete

So little praise for Mark Bunn

If it wasn''t for MB would have lost last 2, give credit where it is due.

Fantastic performances of late, and credit to Hughton for recognising we needed a more experienced keeper as back up to Ruddy.

agree he has been great in last 2 games but so many people on this board think he is garbage, that probably why he hasnt got the praise he deserves!

I usually criticise him, so I''ll give praise where it''s due : Bunn was excellent today. Hopefully this will give him the confidence to keep up the good form.

Superb and has made only two mistakes since he joined the club. Otherwise awesome. Prob was Ruddy was another level also this season before injury so no one in the eyes of some can be better. We have the same for Hughton and Lambert lets call it Lambert syndrome. We just cant look forward it seems when we had such good stuff happen previously.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]I wonder if he has upped his game since camp has come. Maybe he never felt Rudd was proper competition for his place?[/quote]Well..... his three best performances for us have been when he''s had either Ruddy or Camp breathing over his shoulder.Another outstanding display from Bunn today even had time to burst out laughing when he fell in the net.btw.  Robert Green has seen Norwich keepers save two more penalties this season than Greeno ever saved himself in all his years at this club.

''If it wasn''t for MB would have lost last 2''

Yeah, if we played no goalkeeper... Thats a pretty pointless statement, as there is no way to prove another GK wouldn''t have made the saves he made. In fact with Ruddy I think some of the chances teams have had, wouldn''t have even happened because the defence clearly played with more confidence when he was in goal.

But yes, two very good performances from Bunn, much improved. Early on caught a couple of albeit fairly average crosses from Taarabt, but still, he got them. Shame he didn''t continue that trend, if he could do that he''d go up in my estimations. But very good penalty save, couple other key saves today and against Spurs. Good enough back up.

If he were only a wee bit taller I think Bunn would have been really pushing for a bigger PL career; he hasn''t been to blame for too many of the goals conceded in his run and credit is definitely due to him today. It is odd that he seems to have barely had a mention.

I think there was a thread praising him after the Spurs game and there certainly deserves to be another one today, MOTM performance and a massive improvement. We have regained pour solidarity at the back now that Seb is there and the whole defence played better as a unit, which knocks on to better individual performances.

Today was his best performance yet - great in the air, great penalty save. 

However he was still the second best keeper on the pitch today!  If Cesar hadn''t been playing today we''d have won that game - he made some astounding saves but most of the doommongers on here fail to see how very thin the dividing line between our success and (perceived) failure was today.

Great game and great penatly save. Some good stops and looked more composed than normal. I HATE how he gets targeted in the box on corners though and they had a man trying to shove him at every corner like against WBA when d*ckhead Odemwingie was doing it and had the sole purpose of impeding him

Or an imperious one? All those criticising our failure to win seem to overlook this fact. One of the world''s best keepers played very well against us today.

Turning to Bunn, perhaps his performance was so good because he is a good keeper who has now had some match practice and has got his bearings and his eye in?