Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Garrido - a defensive nightmare

[quote user="ron obvious"]It''s a bit concerning that lately he''s not been as good as he was earlier in the season, when he was excellent. Hopefully it''s a blip.[/quote]maybe he is carrying a knock.

It is one of my criticisms of Hughton that he does not rest players and Garrido needs a break and there are others to replace him.

I like the guy, but I prefer Kyle Naughton.

BTW if you ever want an example of upping your game: Russell Martin over three seasons and now again.

OP hasn''t said anything out of order... Just because Morro has gone now it doesn''t mean that any criticism of any player makes them the next whipping boy as long as its constructive.

Personally I like aspects of Garrido''s play, his crossing is clearly awesome but his positional play when defending has been suspect a few times too many now as has his decision making.

This isn''t a personal attack just a debate about the merits of a player''s strengths and weaknesses.

Everyone on this board needs to lighten the fu(k up... Try speaking to each other as you would someone in the pub or at work rather than frothing at the mouth and sounding like children.

Yeah, I think it''s fair to say that generally his performances of the last 2-3 months have not been to the standard of his performances in the first 2-3 months.

Looks to me like a player who is very much in the comfort zone, no longer busting a gut to make a good impression.

We could be in the market for a different first choice left back come the summer.

Seven clean sheets so far this season.  Superb crossing ahem, Manure,  so yep, he''s a liability.

I agree with the posting. Garrido looks smooth and cultured, but he has little pace, seldom tackles and loses concentration at times. He plays because Tierney seems to have lost it this year, or perhaps from his injury.

He is head a nd shoulders better than anyother left back at the club. When he first came he was the best thing since sliced bread. His performances have tailed off though and there is an arguement about if we could get better in the summer. Tierny will be off so we need 2