Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

James Vaughan

I''m not sure we can just recall Vaughan at will.

I wouldn''t mind having another look at him now that he seems to have strung some games together.

You never know, all this talk of £10m men might become redundant should James Vaughan finally live up to his early promise  ..... a degree of wishful thinking here I know.

Nope. Mainly because I believe we can''t. He hasn''t got a recall clause and is on a season long loan.

According to soccerbase he has made 18 appearances and scored 5 goals. Of those 18 appearances two have been from the bench. That''s a one in three ratio at Championship level.

Compare that to Becchio who has made 31 appearances and scored 19 goals which is almost two in three.

With C.Martin coming back and likely to have a clause included I think we are covered.

Holt, Becchio, Jackson, Hoolahan and Martin (if needed).

Sad to say it but I think Vaughan will move on in the summer - back towards the midlands where he is from. It is a shame, he really does have the potential but he needs to be able to stay injury free and fully fit - and of course want to be here.

Eighteen appearances is encouraging.

His goals ratio, whilst not being great, should not be compared with that of somebody playing in a better team.

There''s some hope for him yet I feel, but first and foremost he needs a fullish season where he is.

He''s the only lambert signing (apart from ward; who many rate strangely enough) who i didn''t like. Didn''t score much when he had (finally) a full season in the championship and always injured

Not sure if his heart is still with us, as he very rarely (if at all?) mentions us on Twitter. Not THE barometer of a persons thinking necessarily, but he has mentioned Palace and Everton a lot more than us it would seem 

He has scored 5 goals in 18 games in Championship, which is nowhere near Becchio''s goal ratio (75 in 190) so happy we stick with what we''ve got now.

[quote user="Media_Student"]Vaughan isn''t in our final 25 man squad, so couldn''t use him even if we did recall him. Same with Chris Martin[/quote]

He''s not in the 25 man squad because we can''t recall him.

I saw Vaughan play at Watford in Grayson’s last game. Huddersfield were very ordinary and Vaughan was as ordinary or worse than the rest of his team. Of course it’s difficult to judge on just the one viewing but I expected more from a premiership striker in a championship team.

He was mercifully subbed off with around 30 to go.

Waford were decent, scored four goals including one from an amazing passing move and Vydra looked a class above championship level.