Sign in to follow this  
Carrow_Road_Canary

Hello!

Hi everyone, i''ve just decided to join the boards today after a couple of years just browsing through the threads.

I haven''t felt compelled to join mainly because of the negativity, which i find truly astounding considering what''s happened to the club over the past few years, and now, after only a season and a half back in the premier league, some of you seem to think we should be pushing for europe! We haven''t been in the bottom 3 all season and are 7 points clear, with many teams clearly worse than us, and we have tried once again to bring quality players into the club and improve as much as we can, but i genuinely get the feeling that some of you would be delighted to see us relegated so you can moan some more.

Anyway, a little about me - i''m 29 and i live in the flats next to the stadium, so i live next to my beloved Norwich City!

i dont think we should be pushing for europe (although some of the crazies were talking about after the 10 game run)i do however have a lot of concern given the tactics,formation,lack of changes/substitutions when its clearly not working, lying deep and inviting teams on for huge chunks of games, and only having taken 3 points from the last 24people might and might not agree with a lot of what ive written, but that last bit about the points situation is all that counts = not good enough.

welcome btw :D

Ha, yeah i''m kinda bracing myself here. But hey, i''m new so i''m hoping people won''t give me a hard time just yet. But then what does that say of some members here if they do start?

I''m a guy, by the way!

[quote user="technika"]i dont think we should be pushing for europe (although some of the crazies were talking about after the 10 game run)i do however have a lot of concern given the tactics,formation,lack of changes/substitutions when its clearly not working, lying deep and inviting teams on for huge chunks of games, and only having taken 3 points from the last 24people might and might not agree with a lot of what ive written, but that last bit about the points situation is all that counts = not good enough.

welcome btw :D[/quote]^^^THIS^^^Hello and welcome!!! [:D]

[quote user="Carrow_Road_Canary"] and i live in the flats next to the stadium, so i live next to my beloved Norwich City![/quote]how depressing for you.. they wouldn''t look out of place in Iraq...

[quote user="Carrow_Road_Canary"]Hi everyone, i''ve just decided to join the boards today after a couple of years just browsing through the threads.

I haven''t felt compelled to join mainly because of the negativity, which i find truly astounding considering what''s happened to the club over the past few years, and now, after only a season and a half back in the premier league, some of you seem to think we should be pushing for europe! We haven''t been in the bottom 3 all season and are 7 points clear, with many teams clearly worse than us, and we have tried once again to bring quality players into the club and improve as much as we can, but i genuinely get the feeling that some of you would be delighted to see us relegated so you can moan some more.

Anyway, a little about me - i''m 29 and i live in the flats next to the stadium, so i live next to my beloved Norwich City![/quote]Having a moan is 50% of the fun CRC.Give it another 40 yrs and you might come to appreciate the "Dark Side"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Carrow_Road_Canary"] and i live in the flats next to the stadium, so i live next to my beloved Norwich City![/quote]how depressing for you.. they wouldn''t look out of place in Iraq...[/quote]

Yeah they do look a bit grim from the outside agreed, but the apartments themselves are very nice and i live 3 floors up so have a good view over Norwich of the cathedral, castle, train station, city hall...... and of course of all the fans on match day.

You seem a very positive bloke, wonder how long that will last if you keep coming on here?

You will be calling for the head of CH and banging on about playing 2 up front in no time

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Just what we need, another Binner on the board.[/quote]

Ah, the first village idiot raises their head.

That comment''s not even funny, why bother going to the effort of typing it out?

[quote user="Carrow_Road_Canary"][quote user="Zak Burger"]Just what we need, another Binner on the board.[/quote]

Ah, the first village idiot raises their head.

That comment''s not even funny, why bother going to the effort of typing it out?[/quote]As a long term reader you shouldn''t need it explained.[:S]

Number 9

I hope bws cat doesn''t read that, he is very sensitive about homophobic comments, every time I post something he is monitoring it and accusing me of being a homophobe.

Poor bloke only joined up an hour ago and he''s been called a binner twice and now you are calling him one of them there gays.

3 points in 24 sounds horrid,

but looking at the fixtures I think the best we realistically could have got would have been about 8, with a more likely outcome being 5.

During this run we have had the good luck that came along our 10 game unbeaten run balance out a lot, with injuries and refereeing decisions etc

So this points statistic does not worry me as much as it sounds like it should!

3 points in 24 sounds horrid.

One defeat and two clean sheets in 4 does not.

That''s what we are looking at:

Norwich 0-0 QPR

Norwich 1-1 Tottenham

Norwich 0-5 Liverpool

Norwich 0-0 Newcastle

A win against Fulham and it will be one defeat in 5, six points in five games.

Six points in every five games across the course of the season is not relegation form, you would end up on 43 points.

36 x 1.2 = 43.2

So a win against Fulham and we can''t really claim to be on a "bad run", we''d suddenly be on "a fairly decent run".

wow we''ve only scored 1 goal in that many games and if you extend it to luton...

quite a worrying stat! 1 goal in 5 games....