Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Garth Crook's team of the week...

Features Cesar and Samba.  So we must''ve played pretty well on Saturday for the goalie and CB to be in the team of the week.

To be fair, I don''t think Samba should''ve been in there, I don''t think he was anything that special on Saturday.  He played ok, but it was Cesar who kept them in the game and Samba didn''t cause too many problems in our area either.  All Crooks goes on about is the money and how much better QPR will be for having Samba.  Strange justification.

I think Bassong should''ve been in there instead of Samba.

Bassong did make a few sloppy passes, but I thought he was great on set plays.  He gets everyone into position and makes sure everyone has their man. 

Turner had a good game too, but he could easily have been sent off for the terrible foul.  I forget who it was on, but he then booked 5 mins later for a nothing challenge. 

When Turner and Bassong play, they do make a decent partnership.

For the amount Samba is being paid i would expect him to have kept a clean sheet, saved a penalty and scored a hat trick to win the game.

Can''t believe Samba was in there! madness. He wasn''t that good anyway. Not sure why cesar made it in over bunn either? ah well

I strongly disagree Nick.  Cesar was in the end the difference between the two sides.  Bunn gave away a silly penalty, balanced out by the save.  He did fine but not as good as Cesar.  Without Cesar Norwich would have had at least a couple of goals.  He rightly deserves to be in Crook''s team.  Samba, more questionable.  However I''m a happy clappy, so what does my opinion count for.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I strongly disagree Nick.  Cesar was in the end the difference between the two sides.  Bunn gave away a silly penalty, balanced out by the save.  He did fine but not as good as Cesar.  Without Cesar Norwich would have had at least a couple of goals.  He rightly deserves to be in Crook''s team.  Samba, more questionable.  However I''m a happy clappy, so what does my opinion count for.[/quote]This.Cesar''s save from Snodgrass''s strike in the 2nd half was top class.Bunn''s saves, while good, you expect to make at this level (with the exception of the Penalty). I think Bunn had a great game, but I think he''s getting a lot of praise more on the fact that people are surprised of his quality, rather than the performance being top class.