Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

Why we didn't sign Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/01/mn-how-an-ex-inverness-caley-player-scuppered-a-premier-league-m/

Interesting, does this mean that he could still be a summer target?

One would assume that Porto will be even skinter by then, having failed to sell him...

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/01/mn-how-an-ex-inverness-caley-player-scuppered-a-premier-league-m/

Interesting, does this mean that he could still be a summer target?

One would assume that Porto will be even skinter by then, having failed to sell him...[/quote]
He plays for Sporting Lisbon...

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="singupcarrowroad"]http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/01/mn-how-an-ex-inverness-caley-player-scuppered-a-premier-league-m/ Interesting, does this mean that he could still be a summer target? One would assume that Porto will be even skinter by then, having failed to sell him...[/quote]

He plays for Sporting Lisbon...

[/quote]

[:D][:D] Which is why we leave the negotiating to Mr. McNally. If this responsibility was left to some posters we''d be handing over cheques to the wrong club and spending all season trying to get our money back. [:D]

Bit like hooper. Why would a sensible club pay 9-10 million when they''re worth 4-5 million at best.

Plus is this wolfswilly any good? I''ve never heard of him beforehand

[quote user="ron obvious"]I think an even bigger stumbling block might have been that Sporting wanted 20m euros for him.[/quote]

This, as tweeted by McNally himself

And in Hughton''s piece in on the main site. Puts a new light on our transfer efforts and something the moaning minnies would do well to read.

Of course Herman, apparently he had his fingers crossed behind his back whilst reading from the script McNally had prepared for him ;-) .

Hootaaaaan suggest we might be back for both in the summer ;)

[quote user="alartz"]Bit like hooper. Why would a sensible club pay 9-10 million when they''re worth 4-5 million at best.

Plus is this wolfswilly any good? I''ve never heard of him beforehand[/quote]any on here have. He has been mentioned by many in the past to be a top European striker in the future. That has died down a bit but he is still class. With spurs and Newcastle both apparently interested in him too

McNally never said that they wanted 20m euros for Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, he said that they were quoted 20m euros for their top International target.

There is no evidence pointing towards or against that target being RVW.

Yet we have three people on here claiming that the price for Van Wolfswinkel is 20m euros.

I can only suggest that you apply for a job at any one of the following newspapers:

The Sun

The Sunday Sun

The Sunday People

The Daily Star

Because you would be great at pulling facts out of your ass and making wild assumptions from quotes of nothingness.

They paid 5.4m euros for him, he has only been capped once by Holland, and they don''t look like they will qualify for Europe next year (meaning a huge budget shortfall to try and balance).

If you think that they can afford to sit around and wait for stupid money then you have another thing coming. He will move for £10m tops.

Wesley Sneijder just moved for £8m, and he''s Holland''s best player.

I would argue that RVP is now clearly above Sneijder.

However, Van Der Vaart and Sneijder both was around 8m. Mainly I guess to clear the wage bill.

Hi again.That article has a lot of errors and the timeline was not that.I have already explain in RvW how the business was to be done...not even the name of our stadium he knows...it''s the same to say that Norwich plays at portman road...but it''s true that we try to sign Niculae, but the board and staff are so lousy that they didn''t know that he already have played for 2 different teams (he played 45 minutes in super cup (similar to charity shield) by one time and then move to another team (vaslui)

Polen,

1) He didn''t mention any stadium names, yet alone get one wrong.

2) So basically his article is correct then? You are saying precisely the same thing as him.

Baracouda,

Sporting have a big tax debt, if they don''t sell players in the summer they could end up bankrupt.

That''s why it is ludicrous to think that they can hold out for 20m euros.

He will go for £8m to £10m I suspect.

McNally said our highest bid for any player was 2.5 times our record transfer fee.

Our record transfer fee is £3.5m I believe, so 2.5 x 3.5 = £8.75m.

That may not have got Hooper or RVW in an inflated January window, but it probably will in the summer.

I agree.

I was referring to the previous post which said that Sneijder is Holland''s best player and sold for 8m. Which with his age, and wages is why they sold cheaply.

You also have to factor in, if Sporting only getting 35% then why would I want to sell if I was them. Surely a few other players would be much better to sell, i.e Capel who maybe they get 100% or close.

Sporting will still have to sell, so 35% of nothing is nothing, where as a they might claim RVW is worth 7m to them, and therefore, would need 7m for their 35%.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Polen,

1) He didn''t mention any stadium names, yet alone get one wrong.

2) So basically his article is correct then? You are saying precisely the same thing as him.[/quote]

I believe he refers stadium of light (estadio da luz) which is Benfica stadium. our rival. but that''s not important.

We tried niculae not to replace RvW but to be the second striker, as we only have one striker, RvW.

We''ve tried Paulo Henrique, then Niculae; Kleber from Porto.

What was talked if RvW left, was that the chosen one could ber Artem Milevsky