Sign in to follow this  
pete

John Ruddy

Didn''t anyone see JR on Fantasy Football last night walking soundly expects to be back in 6 weeks 2 weeks earlier than expected.

Good the sooner he is back the better. Bunn doing a decent job, especially against spurs, but he is no Ruddy!

Great news, let''s hope he is back sooner. Bunn is improving and become a good shot stopper, but Ruddy dominates his area, if only because of his size. We need him!

The decision to bring in Bunn an experienced backup keeper was possibly the single most important decision CH has made at the club to date.But I''m still very pleased to hear Big John Ruddy will be back sooner than we thought as the guy is an immense addition to our squad.

If we appear to be safe, then I would not want to rush him.

It was a serious injury necessitating a long lay-off. The longer the recovery period the better.

The shame is it is probably another 6 months from then till we see Ruddy at pre injury form. Confidence that GK''s get from playing regularly makes such a difference. Most keepers start of shaky and improve lots.

Even though he will be regaining fitness, with Camp bought in as cover, as others have said, I doubt he will play much before the end of the season - maybe the last couple of games if we''re already safe

6wks would take him to about 15th March. I assume that''s to return to training. Another couple of weeks and he might be good to go. Still time for quite a few games

I have a friend who did what john did but he had to wait for the surgery on it where as John did it but he was told he was not allowed to play sport for a year as it could mean he would never play again! So if I were Hughton I would definatly not rush him back as I think that it would be too risky!

[quote user="SimeonJackson10"]I have a friend who did what john did but he had to wait for the surgery on it where as John did it but he was told he was not allowed to play sport for a year as it could mean he would never play again! So if I were Hughton I would definatly not rush him back as I think that it would be too risky![/quote]

I''m sure they won''t rush him mate. He had surgery quite quickly and he''s a professional athlete so he''ll be more likely to heal well and heal quicker. He''ll be in good hands and the signing of Camp highlights that CH is looking to give Ruddy plenty of time

I will be quite happy not to see Ruddy play again this season if it means he is back fully fit and risk free in August.   There is no need to rush and no need to put any pressure on him.   if we are safe then why not let Bunn play out the season and have the luxury of some lower pressure games?  i think that he has done very well and after match practice is looking good enough now.