Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

Andros Townsend....

Wouldn''t mind him at the end of the season, looks like a cracking player, I think we really need a left winger to be honest.

Snodgrass/Bennett on the right, Pilkington/Townsend on the left.

I was thinking it''s a shame we missed out on him, a great player but obviously there because of the Redknapp connection, as is Jenas. If we could get him in the summer I''d definitely be interested - we absolutely need backup for Pilks although I think Benno did OK today

[quote user="AJ"]I think Benno did OK today[/quote]

I know he is my fav player, but playing him on the left wont bring the best performances from him! Benno right, Snod left is how we should have played. Lots of people moan about the creativity but because they have to cut in the defender manages to get back, put them on the correct side and the creativity goes up!

While I agree Banana, Snoddy is a right winger, and just won''t be as effective on the left. He likes cutting in on his left foot, it''s where most of his crosses come from. He was turning traroe inside out, he needed to stay on that side.

But I do agree that to get the best out of Benno he needs to play down the right, everyone can see that

Next season I''d like to see Snodgrass and Bennett competing for the right wing spot, and somebody coming in to compete with Pilkington on the left.

Technically Pilkington is a right winger too, but we can''t have three wingers so he''ll have to stay out there.

£40k to £50k a week? Your having a laugh ain''t ya?

This was his first ever Premier League game, probably not on any more than £10k.

Suspect he''d cost a good £5m though, Levy doesn''t let their kids go cheap.

Lmao Townsend won''t be on big money at all. Snoddy should definitely stay on the right and compete with Benno. Hopefully Snoddy improves his right-footed crosses and doesn''t have to keep cutting back - he''s really impressed me on the whole though. Really enjoying having him here.

Townsend and Pilks would be awesome

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]£40k to £50k a week? Your having a laugh ain''t ya?

This was his first ever Premier League game, probably not on any more than £10k.

Suspect he''d cost a good £5m though, Levy doesn''t let their kids go cheap.[/quote]he played 5 for spurs according to wiki.

Not a chance, I think you can go to Europe and get a better player for cheaper money.

Did not think he looked that amazing yesterday, we do need a genuine winger. We need to upgrade because his quality is poor... His crossing, shooting is not up to the premier league standards.

Fine for this year but we need to desperately upgrade in this position in the summer.

I do not think Townsend is that player either.

I think some of the people on here are either partially sighted or watched the game on the radios. Our two best chances yesterday came from Snodgrass going past his man on the outside and whipping in excellent crosses with his right foot.

There''s no doubt Snodgrass has to play on the right. It''s up to EB to adapt his game while covering for Pilks, & I''m certain he''ll give it his best shot.

Think it might be an idea for them to swap wings occasionally? It could confuse the opposition - as long as they don''t confuse themselves!

Hang on: just had a thought (yes, I know)

How about - Wes & EB swapping it around? More fluid like? We know EB can play in the Wes position, & Wes started off playing left side early on (not successfully I know, but I think he''s improved all round). It could be a really good tactic if they could strike up an understanding.

[quote user="ron obvious"]There''s no doubt Snodgrass has to play on the right. It''s up to EB to adapt his game while covering for Pilks, & I''m certain he''ll give it his best shot. Think it might be an idea for them to swap wings occasionally? It could confuse the opposition - as long as they don''t confuse themselves! Hang on: just had a thought (yes, I know) How about - Wes & EB swapping it around? More fluid like? We know EB can play in the Wes position, & Wes started off playing left side early on (not successfully I know, but I think he''s improved all round). It could be a really good tactic if they could strike up an understanding.[/quote]

A good plan B on occassion would be to play Holt instead of Wes with Becchio up top.

That''s occurred to me too Nutty. I got a million of ''em.

The way Grant drops back & links up play suggests he could be effective in that role - obviously in a totally different way to Wes.

Isn''t football wonderful ...

haha such ridiculous wages comments. Harry even said he is on £3k a week in his post match interview. You boys not watch this???

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]40 or 50 thousand a week. You really haven''t a clue.[/quote]

£40K per quarter.