Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Harry Kane been recalled

We can not loan anyone else.  We could I believe sign a player who is currently unattached, but that''s unlikely.  Football League clubs can makes loans for around 6 weeks starting next Thursday up until the "traditional" transfer deadline day during the middle of March.  I''d imagine that Harry Kane has been recalled because he wasn''t getting enough game time at City.  I''d not be at all surprised to see him loaned to a Championship side next week.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''d imagine that Harry Kane has been recalled because he wasn''t getting enough game time at City.  I''d not be at all surprised to see him loaned to a Championship side next week.
[/quote]

With only two strikers at Tottenham I wouldn''t be surprised if he is included in the squad, especially as Adeybour is away with Togo for the next 2 games at least.

If he was playing more regulary with Norwich Tottenham may have left him here, but with him getting little game time here they might as well have him back in North London.

Matt, Spurs were very much like us in being striker light.  I think they have recalled Kane for a short term fix whilst Adebayor is still in AFCON mode (Togo unexpectedly I think have qualified for latter stages so Spurs are down to just Defoe and Dempsey at the mo'').  Whilst as you say it would not be a surprise to see him loaned out again, I think this time it is unlikely as AVB will want cover to the end of the season now.  One injury and his squad is as thin as ours.

On a more positive (but potentially negative) note, it will mean Hughton now has to blood some of the youngsters (unless Martin does come back).   Time for the Murphy''s to take the EPL by storm.

It wouldn''t surprise me if Harry Kane ended up being a very good striker of Premier League pedigree, possibly even with England caps to his name by the time he retires.

But he looks to be a couple of seasons away from being ready for Premier League football right now, and we happen to be in the Premier League.

I''m shocked when I see people say that Kane is "terrible", because I''ve not seen a terrible footballer at all. I''ve just seen a footballer who is clearly a clever player with a fair bit of technical ability who lacks the physicality and composure required to be effective in this league, both of which are attributes which will come with age and experience.

He should have been sent out for another full season in the Championship, probably another full season in the Championship after that, and then thrown into the deep end at White Hart Lane.

Just like Ryan Bertrand who had four full seasons of championship football and then walked into the Chelsea team and played the Champions League final.

Harry Kane would be a player that I''d have been interesting in Norwich BUYING and then loaning out to a Championship club ourselves. The loan move made zero sense for the player, us, or Spurs in my opinion.... and maybe Spurs and the player have realised that.

[quote user="Renskay"]Do we get paid compensation since it was Spurs that recalled him?[/quote]As the PinkUn''s authority on world football I thought you''d have known that. [:)]I bet you''re disappointed we didn''t sign at least 20 players out of the 1,000 you recommended. Can''t remember you recommending Becchio though! [:O][;)] [:D]

A good move for Norwich I think - if we desperately need another forward now, we will have to give someone a chance from the reserves - Would rather see us give experience to one of our own young prospects than to a player from another club - especially given that Kane showed absolutely no evidence of being any better than Jamar Loza!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="refjezdavies"]No Im saying he has the biggest chin in world football and was a complete embarrassment to NCFC by the way I don''t criticise our players much so that''s saying something Spurs have done us a huge favour[/quote]

Think that is incredibly unfair on a player who suffered a nasty injury early in the season and never got much of a chance. He was very good in the home again against West Ham early in the season - I think if he hadn''t got injured would have had a bigger impact on the season. Tottenham recalling him shows they feel he can he cover their own lack of strikers.

[/quote]

Are you his brother or something?

I never saw a player at carrow road who could not bring a ball under control before Kane arrived

Granted he probably isn''t the worst ever but clearly not up to standard yet

Bye Harry                        

We are being a bit harsh really. The kid was unlucky with the injury. He could well have offered more.

Likely we will see him at Carrow Road again, although not in the Yellow and not in the Championship (hopefully.)

Good luck our ''Arry (or Tottenham''s to be precise.)

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I never saw a player at carrow road who could not bring a ball under control before Kane arrived

Granted he probably isn''t the worst ever but clearly not up to standard yet[/quote]

You must have had your eyes closed when Akinbiyi was here then, his second touch was always a tackle!

And don''t get me started on all the other dross we''ve had in the last few years, there were plenty who couldn''t control a ball, I didn''t think Kane was that bad, just not ready as others have said.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I never saw a player at carrow road who could not bring a ball under control before Kane arrived Granted he probably isn''t the worst ever but clearly not up to standard yet[/quote]

His touch and control was actually quite good so I find that a bit of an odd thing to say. He showed good feet.

Clearly a big lack of pace though.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Can''t see we were watching the same player He had the touch of a proverbial[/quote]

No, that''s what I suspected. Obviously I was watching Harry Kane and you were watching someone else. Wonder who.

I think your wrong I think we sent him back and they called him to save some face. As if they wanted him as cover seems strange that on sky sports that Millwall want to take him on loan !!

"Recalled" to save face. Does anyone seriously belive he was on standby for a Spurs first team appearance. Spurs weren''t happy because we weren''t playing him and we were even unhappier because we''d been sold a pup. I wish I could find it in my heart to say he''ll make a good player one day. But he won''t, he''s fircone useless and will in all probability be playing in the Ryman League or similar very soon.

Didn''t rate him. Gets in good positions but lacked composure. Would have got 3 points against west ham at the start of the season and knocked out Luton if he''d had more composure!