Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Harry Kane been recalled

No Im saying he has the biggest chin in world football and was a complete embarrassment to NCFC by the way I don''t criticise our players much so that''s saying something

Spurs have done us a huge favour

Shame it didn''t work out for him here. Probably a little too early in his development to come to a bottom half prem side.

Thank God! I know he only hand a handful of games for us (two starts I think), but he offered nothing for us going forward. This doesn''t mean he can''t do that at Spurs.Good luck in the future Harry.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]No Im saying he has the biggest chin in world football and was a complete embarrassment to NCFC by the way I don''t criticise our players much so that''s saying something Spurs have done us a huge favour[/quote]

Think that is incredibly unfair on a player who suffered a nasty injury early in the season and never got much of a chance. He was very good in the home again against West Ham early in the season - I think if he hadn''t got injured would have had a bigger impact on the season. Tottenham recalling him shows they feel he can he cover their own lack of strikers.

Regardless of your opinion on Kane we now have only 3 strikers (Kamara has played as a winger for the last 3 seasons). Already thought we were one short, definitely are now.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Recalled sounds better from the player''s perspective.  Somehow I doubt that he''d go directly into their first team. Does that allow for another loan then?
[/quote]

Transfer window is closed, that counts for loan deals as well for Premier League teams.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Regardless of your opinion on Kane we now have only 3 strikers (Kamara has played as a winger for the last 3 seasons). Already thought we were one short, definitely are now.[/quote]
True, I share your concern here. Makes me wonder if Hughton is going to start blooding some of the kids once safety is secured?

I would say the signs are that he''s actually quite a decent player. On the small amount of time he''s had in possession of the ball here you should be able to tell that he''s got a good touch and he looks to use the ball in the right way.

Had he been our own young player he''d have probably become ridiculously overrated.

"Regardless of your opinion on Kane we now have only 3 strikers (Kamara has played as a winger for the last 3 seasons). Already thought we were one short, definitely are now. "

Kamara has been playing on the right-wing(ish) but seems to crop up in the penalty box as much as any centre forward I have seen. I think CH referred to this in the presser when he mentioned Kamara''s unpredictability.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="refjezdavies"]No Im saying he has the biggest chin in world football and was a complete embarrassment to NCFC by the way I don''t criticise our players much so that''s saying something Spurs have done us a huge favour[/quote]

Think that is incredibly unfair on a player who suffered a nasty injury early in the season and never got much of a chance. He was very good in the home again against West Ham early in the season - I think if he hadn''t got injured would have had a bigger impact on the season. Tottenham recalling him shows they feel he can he cover their own lack of strikers.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more with Bethnal.

There is a 7 day window but that only applys to football league clubs - we have to get through to the end of the season with the current squad.

He needed a goal but there was just too much pressure on him this season - good decision all around although that now leaves us with 3 strikers (Holt, Becchio & Jackson) and a winger in Kei as our attacking options (assuming Kei gets his permit)   

Never saw him really tbh so I can''t judge, but I''m hoping beyond hope that we get GUIDETTI or similar now. Then people would be much more excited.

Holt      Guidetti

Holt      Becchio

Holt      Kamara

Becchio   Guidetti

Becchio   Kamara

and of course Jacko can fit in there somewhere..

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Does this give us scope for another loan or did Kamara fill that slot?[/quote]

Doesn''t count like Garrido. International loan

[quote user="York Canary"]

Never saw him really tbh so I can''t judge, but I''m hoping beyond hope that we get GUIDETTI or similar now. Then people would be much more excited.

Holt      Guidetti

Holt      Becchio

Holt      Kamara

Becchio   Guidetti

Becchio   Kamara

[/quote]

Man City have said Guidetti will step up as cover now Balotelli has left.

Anyway, won''t be able to bring any players in (loan or not) until the summer now. Having Holt, Becchio, Jackson and Kamara (a ''forward'' not winger or striker) will be plenty as Norwich mainly play with just one up top. I''d imagine Holt to start with Becchio and Kamara on the bench.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

There is a 7 day window but that only applys to football league clubs - we have to get through to the end of the season with the current squad.

He needed a goal but there was just too much pressure on him this season - good decision all around although that now leaves us with 3 strikers (Holt, Becchio & Jackson) and a winger in Kei as our attacking options (assuming Kei gets his permit)   

[/quote]

.............. and don''t forget Chris Martin returning tomorrow makes 4............

Well everyone including CH has been referring to Kamara as ''striker'' so I''m assuming he''s going up front. Plus the fact Snoddy has been doing well on that right side and keeping Benno out

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="York Canary"]

Holt      Guidetti

Holt      Becchio

Holt      Kamara

Becchio   Guidetti

Becchio   Kamara

[/quote]

Man City have said Guidetti will step up as cover now Balotelli has left.

Anyway, won''t be able to bring any players in (loan or not) until the summer now. Having Holt, Becchio, Jackson and Kamara (a ''forward'' not winger or striker) will be plenty as Norwich mainly play with just one up top. I''d imagine Holt to start with Becchio and Kamara on the bench.

[/quote]

Ah fair enough! I didn''t realise they''d said that. So we can''t loan anyone else then? As you say we have 4 strikers so I guess that''s that until summer

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]Very good?  In a draw where he played, what, 10 minutes?  And in that time managed to miss a one-on-one.  From what I''ve seen of him he''s looked poor, the injury obviously played a part in that but he wasn''t offering us anything.

My only thought was that CH was obviously trying to get Hooper and now Kane has gone back that means we''re 2 down on what he had planned (unless he knew Kane was going back already so we''re just 1 down on what he planned)

[quote user="GJP"]

I would say the signs are that he''s actually quite a decent player. On the small amount of time he''s had in possession of the ball here you should be able to tell that he''s got a good touch and he looks to use the ball in the right way.

Had he been our own young player he''d have probably become ridiculously overrated.

[/quote]You''re probably right. What I entirely lacked in him was the predatory instinct of strikers. (Against West Ham away, at Boleyn Ground, I liked his defensive moves best!). Maybe striker is just not the right position for him.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Very good?  In a draw where he played, what, 10 minutes?  And in that time managed to miss a one-on-one.  From what I''ve seen of him he''s looked poor, the injury obviously played a part in that but he wasn''t offering us anything.
[/quote]

Before the miss he managed to create 3 chances, one for himself with a good piece of movement on the edge of the box and another two for other players with good passes. He was the only Norwich player that day that created anything. He did miss a relatively easy chance it is true, but that was the only bad thing he did all game - unfortunatly that miss is all anyone remembers from that game and with his injury coming so soon afterwards he never had a chance to put it behind him.

Having not read whats in the thread, I dont see how this beneficial to us. Makes us a bit light up top once again? Unless vaughan gets recalled