Sign in to follow this  
super Carl Bradshaw

Canary Call idiots

What is it with the people who seem to make it to air who can''t string a sentence together without 1) talking utter tosh about Grant Holt

2)in all honesty...

3) at the end of the day ... Well at the end of the day

Hootun dun''t make subs at the end of the day.

Please stick to boring your workmates with your opinions .

Thanks.

At the end of the day if one of them there outsiders travelled through our fair county and heard them interbread hillbillys babbling on whilst resetting the station on there wireless they would think we all be dungarees wearing field type with not one brain cell up in our heads.

I''m sure they only pick morons with the strongest mid Norfolk accents, maybe it''s a game they play in the studio.

Well at the end of the day ... Cor blast me ol partner ... If I''m being honest it''s just an opinion to be fair but il tell you what if I sounded as stoopid on that ol wireless as sum ov them I wudunt bother.

At the end of the day.

This is how our Norfolk accent sounds when broadcast if the person is not trying to disguise it. Just as it is for Brummies, Geordies etc.

Are you not proud of your accent and heritage or are you mot from Norfolk?

Coming from a non Norfolk point of view I like the accent. It''s warm,easy to understand and bloody hard to impersonate,without sounding west country.

And don''t be embarrassed by Canary Call. Nobody other than City fans listen to it.

The accent is 1 thing the lack of brain cells and inability to hold a basic conversation is the major cringe point amongst the people who somehow manage to get on air week after week.

@ Percy varco I think he''s referring to the sh1t they talk rather than the accent they use.

Having lived in Norfolk for all of my 34 years I can also say I don''t know many people who speak like that outside of very old people in shops like co-op.

Fair points guys. They probably have a list of regular eejits to wind up listeners. Radio trolling??

Nowt to do with accent just the bloody load of nonsense a lot of them spout , sack Hughton drop Holt get a pitch fork and run Delia out of the city which if I recall quite a few of them did want to a couple of years back. Nothing sensible to say then please save yourself the price of the phone call .Dullards.

Ah dunt understand why we dunt play that Andy Hooze geezer. He''s a reel tryor roight?

I work with a guy with an almightily awful Norfolk accent, who is an avid (lifelong , he says) Liverpool fan.

I hate to think what the reaction to his voice will be if he calls a Liverpool radio phone in.

Mind you he will probably be one of many plastics phoning in.

[quote user="dreamteam"]

I work with a guy with an almightily awful Norfolk accent, who is an avid (lifelong , he says) Liverpool fan.

I hate to think what the reaction to his voice will be if he calls a Liverpool radio phone in.

Mind you he will probably be one of many plastics phoning in.

[/quote]

There is no such thing as an awful Norfolk accent - except of course to a non-local - it''s just bootiful!

In similar vein, there was a City fan who wasted his alloted time on Saturday''s Radio Five Live football phone-in by discussing the inadequacies of the Loftus Road toilets. JEEZ! He was deservedly sneered at a bit later in the programme.

Orford,  I am not saying that the Norfolk accent is awful,  I have a bit of one myself.

However as with all accents, there are degrees, and my colleagues is at the deepest of the deep end with a slow and poderous delivery which makes him utterly boring to listen to.