Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Oh dear ...

Somebody''s telling porkies:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/transfer-talk/news/mboyo-reveals-norwich-snub_67648.html

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Somebody''s telling porkies: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/transfer-talk/news/mboyo-reveals-norwich-snub_67648.html

[/quote]

Not strictly necessarily true! The story McNally denied was that we had made a formal transfer bid to his club, not that we hadn''t made some kind of approach - which could be covered by the word "offer" - to the player/agent/club. What the player says, that he spoke to the club and decided to stay until the end of the season, would fit in with that. We then realised that taking it to the next level of a bid would be fruitless. So both statements could be true...

Whats the porkies bit? Could well have happened. Dont even know who he is so no loss

I always though McNally''s statement was pretty diplomatic on this; ''we made no bids for this player in January''.

Why say ''bids'' and why say ''January''? McNally has been pretty quick to say if the club have no intrest in a player before, so upon seeing his tweet I felt that there was probably something in the link. The club might have even made a firm bid for him in December which was accepted before Mboyo turned Norwich down in January.

Nick, see PC''s reply. At first glance it seems either the player or McNally were lying.

The point of contention is that Mboyo is a convicted rapist.

its a tough one with mboyo - it was 9 years ago when he was 16.   Not condoning his offence at all but if he has served his time and is a changed person transitioning from boy to man then I am fully behind the intention of the rehabilitation of act and giving people a second chance.

If he has steered clear of trouble since (and his comments suggest soem maturity) I would rather have him than say a John Terry or an Ashley Cole.  

Clearly not an easy call and while I would err on the side of caution I am judge the man today and decide rather than an outright no

i would imagine with the number of names being touted about, we made tentative approaches would you be interested in joining yes or no.

However, if we twist this story round, it means Norwich, McNally/CH were indeed very busy with compiling the transfer list, and sort out a large number of players as a long list, before the due diligence of CH and his team to narrow that down.