Sign in to follow this  
Bobzilla

Bunn

Anyone else think that Bunn was looking real quality yesterday? I have had my doubts as to whether Bunn could really steer us to safety - perhaps I''ve been sheltered by the luxury of Ruddy, and I had 93 flashbacks when Ruddy got injured. There have been games where he has looked like he''s been lacking a bit of experience, but yesterday he seemed to come of age. OK, he gave away a very cheap penalty, but then recovered to save it when it wasn''t a bad penalty. I think he might be giving Ruddy a very good run for his money...

He has had a couple of good games and earned us point in the process.   Hoepfully his confidence will soar over the coming weeks - a clean sheet definitely helps a keeper.

Improved since Camp signed - I suspect thats not a coincidence. 

Still nowhere near Ruddys class though - but feeling a little less pessismistic now 

[quote user="Bobzilla"] I think he might be giving Ruddy a very good run for his money...[/quote]

No chance.

Bunn is decent class. Ruddy is different class.

The big question could be (supposing Bunn keeps his current form, and we''re not quite safe yet come April)  who would you rather trust: a macth-fit, in-form Bunn or Ruddy just returning after being out for half of the season?

It seems that Ruddy may be back slightly earlier than originally thought - perhaps even mid April. If Bunn continues in his present form, it could be a difficult choice for CH - a keeper on form or an experienced keeper who will need to feel his way back? Who would be a manager?

The Cr@p backpass from Garrido certainly played it''s part in the penalty situation aswell. Thought he had a good game, his handling looked better than it has been in the past aswell.

Ruddy does just have that extra class though.

I think Bunn is exactly what you''d expect from a reserve goalkeeper. Some good shot stopping with the odd nervous moment. He will do the job until Ruddy comes back but won''t be able to put up much of a challenge for the starting place.

I thought Bunn had a good game - great penalty save and he looked very assured - I also think that with Camp in reserve we''re blessed with cover until Ruddy is back.

Hopefully Rudd will get 1st team games and come back in contention for next season...I think signing Camp until the summer is very astute

Bunn looks OK, as does Ruddy but I don''t think we look like the same team without Fraser Forster between the sticks. Terrific goalkeeper, should be our number 1 transfer target for next season.

Bunn looks OK, as does Ruddy but I don''t think we look like the same team without Fraser Forster between the sticks. Terrific goalkeeper, should be our number 1 transfer target for next season.

REALLY?????? [:S]

Fraser Forster > Ruddy?

Well England don''t think so, and certainly I don''t either!

To watch the progression of Ruddy over the past 3 seasons has been very refreshing. Developing into a top class GK