Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The final 10 games of the season are quickly approaching...

After the first 7 games of the season a lot of us (including me I hasten to add...) were worrying about how we were going to do this season.If you''d told me that we''d be be 3 games from the final 10, 7 points above the drop and that we would have beaten Arsenal, Stoke and Man United in successive home games, I would have laughed in your face!Yes the football isnt as "gung-ho" at times as we saw last year but lets face it... the man (and his assistant) arent exactly doing any better than us this season so maybe thats proving that his style wouldnt have worked. We''re 7 points above the drop zone with 13 games to go. I honestly dont see why there is so much negativity on this ''ere forum.Hughton is doing EXACTLY what he was bought in to do. Keeping us in the premiership.

I think last year we massively over achieved. Although Lambert''s gone on to show (and had shown before he arrived here) that he isn''t the exceptional manager we all thought he was but for whatever reason while he was here everything he touched turned to gold, every cheap gamble signing paid off wonderfully, every baffling substitution ended up getting us point we weren''t on course to get, he had 100% of the fans completely behind him and he really knew how to work with the players he had signed etc

But I actually think Bolton and Wolves aside that we had the worst starting 11 last year and by far the worst squad in the league that in the hands of a good but not exceptional manager like Hughton would be relegated this year, especially with such strong teams coming up. So in my view what we''ve achieved this year has been fantastic despite some very ugly football. I''m happy to see this continue for a while as long as we show signs of improving our playing style as the quality of the squad improves.