Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Return to the diamond for Fulham? Please Hughton

I''m not suggesting we return to the diamond every game, especially away, but how about this v Fulham?

Bunn

Whittaker / Martin. Turner. Bassong. Garrido

Tettey

Snodgrass. Johnson

Hoolahan

Becchio. Holt

Makes sense with becchios arrival and pilks injury! Would throw a surprise on Fulham too.

As much as I wouldn''t mind seeing the side you''ve laid out, I would say that there is virtually no chance of it. We will be unchanged from QPR, and fair enough because we played very well against Spurs in the last home game with the same team. That is Pilkington excepted, who will be replaced by Elliott.

I think if the game is level after 70 minutes we may see Becchio on though. A win would be monumental for us, if we can get to 31 points by this stage we really are close to securing survival with 3 or 4 games to spare.

That was Plan A ..... no wonder we now play Plan B.

With the new signings we may well change back to Plan A at some stage but I don''t think this will be the match to do it.

from the starting match we will have lost R Bennett, Tierney, Surman and Howson and gained Wes, Garrido, Bassong and Tettey so I suspect we would do better even using the same 442 

but for me it has to be 4231 with the more aggressive approach we have adopted in the last couple of games - going to a diamond perhaps after 65 mins if needed.    4231 gets our best players on in their best positions

Yes, the diamond is weak down the flanks and Fulham have Duff which gave them their first two goals at Craven Cottage.

I fully expect Hughton to go with 4231 and the same starting lineup as Saturday except Pilks out for EB due to his injury.

Last year I think we were fortunate to get a draw against them at home.  A win this time would be great as 31 points would be much more comfortable, but another draw isn''t the end of the world.

If Berbatov, Sidwell and Hangeland are still injured then i''d say we''ve got a decent chance of winning. Knowing our luck they''ll be back though.

Ive seen on the official website that Tettey has withdrawn form the Norway squad with a knee injury, fingers crossed he''s fit for the weekend, otherwise Hugtons hand could be forced into a new formation possibly??!!