Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Tettey out of Norway team - good management or real injury?

An article on news page just posted states that as well as Pilks & RBennett, Alex Tettey is out of Norway squad because of a knee injury.  Is this a sign of Sir Alex style management and we are playing the international game like the big boys, or is this a worry for Saturday and Tettey might be missing again?  If the latter the diamond being discussed in another thread might be on.

Even if he is out I think we can cope. Probably is actually injured and a doubt for Saturday but we can just change the formation a bit and maybe start becchio

[quote user="shefcanary"]An article on news page just posted states that as well as Pilks & RBennett, Alex Tettey is out of Norway squad because of a knee injury.  Is this a sign of Sir Alex style management and we are playing the international game like the big boys, or is this a worry for Saturday and Tettey might be missing again?  If the latter the diamond being discussed in another thread might be on.[/quote]

I really hope this is a precautionary "injury" because I think he has been key for us this season.  It''s no coincidence that he was injured around the time our unbeaten run ended, and when he came back from injury but was clearly not 100% we did poorly (e.g. Liverpool).  He did well on Saturday when he was playing his second game in a few days and the last thing we would want is him to play another game mid-week before a vital game at the weekend.