Sign in to follow this  
Canary Tyke

Realism

I really hope we go up this season and I think that the team Mr Worthy has round him means we can. However it is not a done deal, remember when we got relegated...... weren''t we 5th or something going into January until Gunny hurt his back and Traitor the tractor went in goal?

Anway, should we do it, Please god please! How many of us are going to buy a season ticket and go to Carrow Road next year, be loyal fans, who have ''always liked the club but have only just got round to buying a season ticket'' while we were doing well and then half way through the season boo the team off as we are losing against teams worth £200 million pounds and umpteem internationals, while we still have a small mainly homegrown squad as the board have decided not to bankrupt the club by buying such numpties as Batistuta?

People have to start thinking about this as next season will be very hard, whether we are premiership or not. I hope that we all go to football next year and give the CLUB (Players, staff and Directors) our full support and realise how lucky we are. All I am looking for from the club is that the players give 100%, the staff stick with us and give 100% and the board don''t bankrupt us. And from the fans....... LOYALTY and Love.

So Boo boys, you know who you are and we all know who they will be, you had better be prepared to take some pain next season and stick with the club through thick and thin you should think long and hard about it. To the real Norwich City fans, have a look at the Leeds Fans and take note, and promise to yourself no matter what happens towards the end of this season and through next season and the season after, lets get behind the team and be proud to be the only team in Yellow and Green from Anglia!

Well I think Melbourne has it just right.

It is going to be very tough for us next season if we go up - and I do say if rather than when - I''ve been a fan too long - i''m not counting my chickens until its mathematically impossible for 3rd place to catch us up - end of March maybe ;-)

We can''t go up and expect the boys to instantly become title challengers - 4th from bottom would do just fine - it will be a hell of an achievement if they make that - and that''s with any squad strengthening.

Apparently 1 promoted team has stayed up in each of the last 5 seasons - assuming one of Pompey, Leicester, and Wolves can hold on that will make it 6 seasons in a row - so there is a chance - but lets not think its going to be easy.

Complacency now, and next season, is/will be our worst enemy.

Just because of the financial windfall we would get, we can''t start thinking we''re going to splash all the cash, some maybe - so Melbourne is right when he says its up to the 14 - 15,000 hard core fans to get right behind the team and support them like never before, as the more fickle fans - and yes there will be plenty - will have a tendancy to get on the players backs at the first sign of trouble.

We''re better than that.

P.S - I''m not Jordan!

Fortunalty i feel that our home form, if we go up, is likely to be average rather than awful,and so when we do go away and get thumped 5-0 only the main,loyal fans will be there to watch, reducing the chance of new fans booing our players off the pitch, or worse still, throughout the match

Every week its all getting more and more tence. Lets just sit back and enjoy what a great team we have thats been put together. If we go up there will be no pressure on us as everyone would expect us to go straight back down anyway.
I''ve been fortunate enough to get a season ticket 4 next season so I will want to be enjoying watching 2 great sides playing in front of me!