Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Bradley Johnson to be called up by...

He''s said about this before, his grandad is American but he''s not a US citizen so can''t play for them.

He can become one though. I am not an irish citizen, but my granddad is irish. I would simply need my mum to get an irish passport then i could and the i could play for ireland.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He can become one though. I am not an irish citizen, but my granddad is irish. I would simply need my mum to get an irish passport then i could and the i could play for ireland.[/quote]Not if the greasy Trapattoni has anything to say about it.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He can become one though. I am not an irish citizen, but my granddad is irish. I would simply need my mum to get an irish passport then i could and the i could play for ireland.[/quote]

Yup. You can''t become an American Citizen just by applying - you have to meet criteria. That criteria is pretty tough.

One of my closest friends is just like BJ and has an African-American grandfather, he looked into US Citizenship but to qualify for it like you state you have to have applied for it before a certain age - or at least your parents do. And it is something silly like 3months.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Americans are pretty strict though...[/quote]

We are? Over the years about 10% of our current population have entered and stayed in this country illegally. All Bradley would have to do is put his hand over his heart and pretend to sing The Star Spangled Banner....and he''s in.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

We are? Over the years about 10% of our current population have entered and stayed in this country illegally. All Bradley would have to do is put his hand over his heart and pretend to sing The Star Spangled Banner....and he''s in.

[/quote]Thats what I love about America. So contradictory !Find 20 Mexican high level sportsman and they will be offered houses, find 2 Mexican doctors and they can go do one back to Mexico City.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]
Didn''t Michael Moore to a documentary where this really is pretty much what you''ve got to do? That and name some presidents. And identify the golden arches correctly in fifty guesses.

What about all the Germans the USA have playing for them now, they''ve got about 3 or 4 playing for their National team now I think.

Surely that means It can''t be all that hard for BJ to get a US citizenship.