Sign in to follow this  
N.Ireland Canary

Chris Martin Did Well Then!!!!!

[quote user="York Canary"]Di Canio sounds an angry man there[/quote]
I refuse to believe such a calm and placid human being could get angry about anything....

Having stood up for him countless times,even I think that stinks. Ok it is only side of the story,but if true it is a really poor way of behaving. I don''t know how many more chances the lad is going to get.

Didn''t he also offer £30,000 of his own money to keep Bostock, Martin, and Hollands at the club? That''s a lot of your own money if you think someone''s that useless. Sounds like a bit of a bitter reaction to the fact Martin thought he could go to a better club.

There''s no doubt that Martin has some talent but his application of it has often been lacking. Looks like he''s not doing himself any favours. Shame because he could be a decent Championship striker but definitely league one.

[quote user="Herman "]Having stood up for him countless times,even I think that stinks. Ok it is only side of the story,but if true it is a really poor way of behaving. I don''t know how many more chances the lad is going to get.[/quote]I think he is pretty much out of chances now, other managers will be aware of how he has behaved.Looks like we are stuck with him on the payroll until his contract is up.

[quote user="Howson is now"]  Sounds like a bit of a bitter reaction to the fact Martin thought he could go to a better club.  [/quote]

^^ this  ^^

If he has a future here, he needs to be playing for a Champ side anyway

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Howson is now"]  Sounds like a bit of a bitter reaction to the fact Martin thought he could go to a better club.  [/quote]

^^ this  ^^

[/quote]
I certainly wouldn''t put it past Di Canio to be this petty...

If Martin has the attitude that I could be somewhere else and he is that open about it then I applaud di canio and Swindon. They have ambitions for the team.

Bye bye Chrissy Martin, you will leave here in the summer. You showed amazing potential and did on the field for that half season and again in league 1. But a career which now can be tarnished. But either way he won''t be at Ncfc next season and we are moving to better things.

So bye bye Chris martin

It''s Paulo, anything will rile this guy up. Especially Martin. Martin riles us up at the best of times. I doubt there is too much to this.

Di Canio clearly felt there was something there. He signed him on loan, played him and then offered to personally pay the guy''s wages. Interesting that Di Canio has changed his tune now it looks like Martin might be going to Derby in the summer. It doesn''t mean Martin has a bad attitude. He is keeping his options open as he is a free agent, which is sensible if there is genuine interest from other clubs.