Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Time to change Captain?

I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?

Has to be Holt, he plays with his heart and is a leader.

Snoddy isn''t a bad shout, but he''s too mouthy and sulky, wouldn''t be great for team leadership and would probably get booked every time he talks to the ref!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Maybe the OP would like to explain why he feels the need to change the Captain.

Does it really make any tangible difference anyway?![/quote]My reason is Snoddy''s work rate throughout the 90mins and Captaincy tends to work better further back i.e. from the back four, midfield etc.

Holt to the end of the season

I cannot see Holt being a regular starter next season (assuming he is still here). Bassong would be my choice.

Bassong from next season, I think to remove captaincy from holt when we need him most would be a massive own goal.

When you need to pick a player up and get them performing the last thing you should do is kick him in the teeth.

Rediculous idea

[quote user="Dibs"]I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?[/quote]

What is this the knock Holt forum? He''s taking one for the team this year.

Snodgrass would be my last choice. For me it would have to be Bassong or Russell Martin

we need to be planning for a Team without Holty.. he isnt getting any younger... if we are to change captain i think Bassong or Ruddy.

I agree that Bassong would also make a good captain, someone to lead from the back like we had with Dion.

Bassong for certain, I agree with the consensus. This season leave it with holty, then next season when he is on the bench bassong will pick this up.

Proved his ability on the field, without him this season and garrido then, as we saw at Fulham our defence would be so so shaky and I expect we would not have had the run we had.

IF we had to change, then Bassong or Russ, but until he''s not playing enough games for it to make sense, I''d stick with Holt.

The captain should be judge on the performance this season and not last. Holt was keen to prove himself last year and now seems less so this year, would you be happy if he was a new signing, no.

Dibs, I suggest you read the front page of the pinkun, read Holts comments and if thats not plain enough for you, read between the lines.

Frankly I''m sick to death of some these anti Holt comments.

[quote user="Dibs"]I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?[/quote]

Letzor makez the inform wingha R newzor CAPTAIN.... YAYobliviously he wilzor makes a gr8 capton cus hez infarm  YAY

prick....Capt Holt If you want to even question his captaincy id suggest messers : R.Martin, Ruddy, Turner , Bassong are higher up the influence ladder than Snoddy...sometimes fans make me want to punch something

[quote user="Dibs"]I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?[/quote]I don''t usually call people idiots but that is probably the most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum in 10 years and that''s saying something.Grant Holt is our captain, nobody else could do that job as well as he does. End of.

This is football, not bloody cricket. You want 11 captains out on the pitch. Who wears the armband is of little significance as everything is planned to the nth degree in advance.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dibs"]I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?[/quote]I don''t usually call people idiots but that is probably the most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum in 10 years and that''s saying something.Grant Holt is our captain, nobody else could do that job as well as he does. End of.[/quote]

I am no idiot, nor blind to what I see on the pitch.

If you think you want Holt as captain, then fine. Just don''t throw insults.

[quote user="Dibs"]I agree that Bassong would also make a good captain, someone to lead from the back like we had with Dion.[/quote]

I always thought Dion led from the front. He certainly did not play centre back. In fact he was very similar to Grant Holt

Yeah, no need for a change. Grant Holt has been absolutely sensational for Norwich City and really deserves to have a bit more faith put in him.

People say about Bassong but why not Turner? He has come up with some big performances for us and who is to say he wouldn''t relish being captain?

[quote user="Knock off Nige"][quote user="Dibs"]I agree that Bassong would also make a good captain, someone to lead from the back like we had with Dion.[/quote]

I always thought Dion led from the front. He certainly did not play centre back. In fact he was very similar to Grant Holt[/quote]

Check your facts. Dion played centre back and centre forward.

[quote user="GJP"]

People say about Bassong but why not Turner? He has come up with some big performances for us and who is to say he wouldn''t relish being captain?

[/quote]

If Grant Holt wasn''t available.

for me captain is nothing more than a status symbol - leadership is what we need and players showing that dont need the captains armband.

Happy for Holt to carry on,  in his absence Bassong seems like the matural alternative.

Could do with more leadership in the side.  Without Holt or Bassong its markedly lacking