Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Loans

Does anyone think we''ll bring in a loan or two and do you think we''ll ship any out on loan?

What are the chances of picking a striker up ie Hooper when and if they lose in the Champions League? A midfield player like Biglia perhaps?

[quote user="swjf50"]

Does anyone think we''ll bring in a loan or two and do you think we''ll ship any out on loan? What are the chances of picking a striker up ie Hooper when and if they lose in the Champions League? A midfield player like Biglia perhaps?[/quote]

We can''t.

[quote user="swjf50"]Does anyone think we''ll bring in a loan or two and do you think we''ll ship any out on loan?

What are the chances of picking a striker up ie Hooper when and if they lose in the Champions League? A midfield player like Biglia perhaps?[/quote] inward loans are not allowed in the EPL after the end of the window, except in emergency, and this usually means a goalie when you only have one fit goalie left. outward to lower leagues is possible though.

We can loan only to English football league teams from friday I think but can bring in no more permanent or loan signings.

We could sign players who are currently unattached - if we have space in our 25 man squad which I dont think we do. 

i doubt chris martin will go out on loan. If he does, it leaves us a bit short of strikers

[quote user="Nick"]i doubt chris martin will go out on loan. If he does, it leaves us a bit short of strikers[/quote]

Has he actually contributed much to the striking department since we''ve been in the Premiership? I remember he had a decent shot once, not much else.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Nick"]i doubt chris martin will go out on loan. If he does, it leaves us a bit short of strikers[/quote]

Has he actually contributed much to the striking department since we''ve been in the Premiership? I remember he had a decent shot once, not much else.

[/quote]

One shot in the total 5 mins of prem game time he''s had these couple of seasons isnt bad.

I beleive the following is the position registered with the Premier League which leaves Chris Martin in netherspace (let''s hope indeed he is heading off to Derby on Friday).  There are some squad numbers to allocate.

Squad
11.  John Ruddy
22.  Russell Martin
33.  Steven Whittaker
44.  Bradley Johnson
55.  Sebastien Bassong
66.  Michael Turner
77.  Robert Snodgrass
88.  Jonathan Howson
99.  Grant Holt
1010.  Simeon Jackson
1111.  Andrew Surman
1212.  Anthony Pilkington
1314.  Wesley Hoolahan
1415.  David Fox
1517.  Elliott Bennett
1618.  Javier Garrido
1719.  Luciano Becchio
1820.  Leon Barnett
1923.  Marc Tierney
2024.  Ryan Bennett
2127.  Alexander Tettey
2228.  Mark Bunn
2342.  Lee Camp
24??.  Kei Kamara
25??.  Jacob Butterfield (on short term loan to Crystal Palace)
????.  Chris Martin
Under 21''s
31.Jed Steer
32.Korey Smith
33.George Francomb
34.Josh Murphy
Long term loans out
Declan RuddPreston North End
Tom AdeyemiBrentford
James VaughanHuddersfield
Daniel AyalaNottingham Forest
Development team (U21''s)
Harry Barker
Stephen Browne
Kyle Callan-McFadden,
Rian Carroll 
Michael Clunan
Olumide Durojaiye
Adel Gafaiti
Reece Hall-Johnson
Harvey Hodd
Cameron King
Kevin Lokko
Jamar Loza
Remi Matthews
Cameron McGeehan
Ewan McNeil
Carlton Morris
Jacob Murphy
Cameron Norman
Joe Peacock
Henry Randall
Ramil Sheriff
Dominic St Louis
Harry Toffolo
Ben Wyatt

So we have 3 first team strikers. And you''re all happy to see Chris Martin loaned out to Derby? heads gone

Thanks for that.

I think we have 4 strikers - Holt, Becchio, Jackson and Kamara. I presume Martin isn''t included.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''d imagine Chris Martin will be off within a few days, talk of Derby showing an interest.
[/quote]

So are them down the road

Kamara isn''t a striker. We have 3 natural strikers. Not enough! Need Chris martin back

[quote user="Nick"]Kamara isn''t a striker. We have 3 natural strikers. Not enough! Need Chris martin back[/quote]

He and Hughton have both described him as a striker, as well as a player who can go onto the wing in a 4-3-3.

He isn''t a winger - more a forward/wide forward.

Are you on a wind up Nick?

You have watched us for the past three years?

You think Martin should be in the squad when we have Holt Becchio Jackson Kamara and Hoolahan?

Sorry Im trying to think of one reason you would want him in there based on his performances here and at his loan spells. Maybe you can tell me....

People need to think of Kamara as a right sided Huckerby - he''s not going to track back like Pilks or Snoddy do