Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

after everything...we could go 10th Saturday

Just reading Hughton''s comments after QPR about his difficult decision re Becchio coming on earlier and I got the view he may play 2 strikers in a system at some stage. As posters have noted we may get a result and as Holt stated they may have to put a wrong (5-0) right. If results go well we could end up in 10th and 8 or 10 points clear of 18th. All of this after a difficult period. I reckon Ricardo is correct in hid end of year predictions ;)

A win on Saturday would dispel the jitters since on 31 points we would be nearly there and as has been said could be 10 points clear. I suspect that a total as low as 36 points could well be enough this year.

Agreed Crafty - we are so near yet so far and a win over the next 2/3 games will ease much angst.    

Winless in 8 causes any teams fans to worry, and a points per game rate of below 0.5, with just 6 goals scored (3 of them in one game) simply can not be continued and is firmly relegation form.   Fortunately we have only drifted and not plummeted down the table and the gap to the bottom 3 remains good if not quite comfortable.

We dont need to step up results much to make things comfortable for ourselves (my view is we only need 3 points from each 4 games to be safe) and I am confident we will get them;    the shock factor of the luton result seems to have galvanised the resolve in the team and the signings of becchio and the large than life character of Kamara will hopefully be the boost we need. 

I''ve said all along, 35/36 points should be enough to keep us safe, and we''ll get there. 

Fulham haven''t been on a great run recently either, but they''ve still got some really good players, and are more than capable of beating us.  This is a chance for us to get a result, but it will be far from easy... 

Fulham are a bit of a bogey team for us.  There''s probably a better chance of us beating Everton.

Thats quite amazing really, all things considered.Fulham really is a must win game for me, we have to translate the recent improvements into a win, and this is the ideal game to do it, and will go a long way to settling things down, in all sorts of ways.

Thanks for the info most City supporters would know the position we are in.  However now anything but a win will mean disappointment even more so than without you stating the obvious.

This is no place for positive threads i will have you know.[;)] Mind you it will keep away the likes of Wiz and his felow doom merchants.[:P]

Could we dare to think more positive and say that we have a good chance of getting 6 points in the next two games, going 4 umbeaten and moving 13 points clear of the bottom 3?

Realistically Everton have been shipping goals, Fulham have been on poor form of late, so who''s to say that come three weeks time it might look a little more uplifting!

I have never thought this fixture as a must win, but it would be a setback if we lose. Some in the relegation mix are likely to pick up points this weekend so a defeat would see us dragged closer towards them, but as said a win would without doubt put a nice bit of distance between us and the bottom 3

If we are to get to the magic 40 we need a win on sat. Fulham are a bogey team for us however so it will be tough, but we have looked much more stable the past two games, and they could easily both have been lost (just as, like some other games in our poor run, they could have both been won). Barring some fluke results there are some games you need to look to win to get to your total, and this is one of them. Anything other than a win is just going to ramp it up a little more, more jitters, more speculation, more calculators and more looking at the fixture list. I think we''ll nick it 2-1, but I would not advocate changing the system quite yet as it works well when we are at full strength.

I see this as a preferable to win rather than a must win  - a draw keeps us on track but will feed the anxiety.    However  a defeat will have a negative impact.

We are historically not good at must win games - so a draw will be ok (nothing more)       We can win it but its not a "6 pointer"