Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

Thought Mcnally Denied intrest ?

If we sign him I will abandon my support for Norwich for good. Child rapist! I don''t give a fu(k about re habilitaion or how well he''s doing/changed what about the victim? I could tolerate King/Barton/Hughes (at least that was kind of an accident) but this would be too far! I seriously hope this is wrong and we were never in for him!

McNally denied we had bid for him, he didn''t say we hadn''t spoken to him. Most offers are laid out in full before any bidding happens in that sense.

who is the more believable, DM or some wannabe footballer with a dodgy past? i know who i put my faith in and he is already at Carrow Road.

[quote user="star_manic"]who is the more believable, DM or some wannabe footballer with a dodgy past? i know who i put my faith in and he is already at Carrow Road.
[/quote]

There was no contradiction between what the player said (that Norwich had approached him with an offer) and what McNally said, which was very carefully worded and specifically that we had not made a transfer bid to the player''s club in January. It would be pretty odd if this player entirely dreamed up an approach that had never been made.

Agreed Purple - DM is very careful with his choice of words and his specificity in this instance was marked.

The two versions do tie up.

Forgive me, I wasn''t aware his past had any influence towards what he does on the pitch. Some of you are seriously judgmental. He was tried in a court of law and he carried out his sentence. As far as law is concerned, justice was carried out and everyone has to move on with their lives. I for one am not going to persecute him for the rest of his days on this planet. Who are you lot to do so?

Stig he was involved in a gang rape of a 14 year old girl, he didn''t get jailed for having a scrap in a nightclub.

He served four years in jail, and if you think that this is "justice" then shame on you.

"Justice" would be chemical castration and a decade in prison. Should he be permitted to play football again by FIFA and UEFA? Probably, yes.

Should Norwich be one of the clubs giving him that opportunity? Most definitely not.

Not only would I not want his sort associated with our club, I wouldn''t want him living on the streets of Norwich. Perhaps if you had a 13 or 14 year old daughter, or a 13 or 14 year old sister, your opinion would differ.

He has no right to a living as far as I''m concerned, and Norwich fans should not be forced to help fund it.

For arguments sake, I wouldn''t exactly tear up the season ticket if he signed, but I''d be pretty f''in mad and I wouldn''t cheer his goals. Neither do I think that the chants that he would get would do anything at all positive for our team mates.

I thought we were all about team spirit? Do Norwich players want to play with a predatory gang rapist? I would certainly hope not.

I hope that McNally has got the message now, but shame on him and Hughton for considering him a target, as they certainly appear to have done so.

Staying in the Premier League is important, but not at ANY cost. Not at the cost of our integrity and morals. Actually disappointed to hear that we seem to have had serious interest.

Thought we have already been through this he was a 16 year old boy caught up in a bad gang he wasn''t involved in the rape he was just there and served half his sentence for good behaviour and has done nothing wrong since.

[quote user="Stig"]Forgive me, I wasn''t aware his past had any influence towards what he does on the pitch. Some of you are seriously judgmental. He was tried in a court of law and he carried out his sentence. As far as law is concerned, justice was carried out and everyone has to move on with their lives. I for one am not going to persecute him for the rest of his days on this planet. Who are you lot to do so?[/quote]

Could not disagree with you more. Did you know what he was convicted for before making this comment and did you realise how little the legal system did in way of punishing this crime? I sincerely hope you didn''t!

I feel a bit ashamed that we have even been linked to this player and have to say think this is the most disappointed i have ever been in DM and the management team

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Stig he was involved in a gang rape of a 14 year old girl, he didn''t get jailed for having a scrap in a nightclub.

He served four years in jail, and if you think that this is "justice" then shame on you.

"Justice" would be chemical castration and a decade in prison. Should he be permitted to play football again by FIFA and UEFA? Probably, yes.

Should Norwich be one of the clubs giving him that opportunity? Most definitely not.

Not only would I not want his sort associated with our club, I wouldn''t want him living on the streets of Norwich. Perhaps if you had a 13 or 14 year old daughter, or a 13 or 14 year old sister, your opinion would differ.

He has no right to a living as far as I''m concerned, and Norwich fans should not be forced to help fund it.

For arguments sake, I wouldn''t exactly tear up the season ticket if he signed, but I''d be pretty f''in mad and I wouldn''t cheer his goals. Neither do I think that the chants that he would get would do anything at all positive for our team mates.

I thought we were all about team spirit? Do Norwich players want to play with a predatory gang rapist? I would certainly hope not.

I hope that McNally has got the message now, but shame on him and Hughton for considering him a target, as they certainly appear to have done so.

Staying in the Premier League is important, but not at ANY cost. Not at the cost of our integrity and morals. Actually disappointed to hear that we seem to have had serious interest.[/quote]I agree with all that. Maybe DM & Hoots were unaware of his conviction and what it was for and that is why no bid went in when they found out. I certainly hope so.

Che - he was involved in the rape just by being there - but you are right to point out he did not actively participate with the unfortunate 14 yo.  

It was a third of his life ago and if he is a reformed character, turned his life around,  having learned not to run with such poor company and our management team feel he is right for the club I would welcome him and be happy to recognise that people can change.

That does not mean I condone his association with such a heinous crime,  but giving people a second chance is a true sign of humanity.    

As for sentencing - I agree that these are too soft,  but that is the courts fault - not the players.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Che - he was involved in the rape just by being there - but you are right to point out he did not actively participate with the unfortunate 14 yo.  

It was a third of his life ago and if he is a reformed character, turned his life around,  having learned not to run with such poor company and our management team feel he is right for the club I would welcome him and be happy to recognise that people can change.

That does not mean I condone his association with such a heinous crime,  but giving people a second chance is a true sign of humanity.    

As for sentencing - I agree that these are too soft,  but that is the courts fault - not the players.

[/quote]Totally agree, personally I wouldn''t think I would want a person like that at the club but I don''t know the kid and neither do any of you. The thing to remember is people do stupid idiotic things but it doesn''t mean there bad people, he''s obviously tried to reform himself and repent for the bad he has done and may be we all should just judge him by his footballing skills and not by his past record cause since he''s been out it would seem he''s done nothing wrong. People change and want to seek forgiveness.   

Does anybody have a link to a reliable source which confirms the prosecutions / judges / jury''s conclusion that he was just a bystander?

I mean, "I was just caught up in it while everybody else did it" is the standard line of the defence, isn''t it?

At the end of the day NO ONE here knows the ins and outs of this case, so to make a judgement on the player is rather unfair.  Unless someone has taken the time to read the case history itself I think we should all hold back from making assumptions on either side of the debate.And for someone to then suggest they''d rather a murderer and someone else convicted of sexual assault and ABH turn out for NCFC (in reference to Lee Hughes and Marlon King) I find it truly unbelievable.

"was involved with a Brussels gang; a gang that committed a brutal mass rape of a 14 year old [can''t find if it was a boy or a girl.] This heinous crime was so gruesome Mboyo was tried and sentenced for his part in the event as an adult"

Found that, surely the decision for him to be tried and sentenced as an adult contradicts the claim by somebody above that he was in some way just a kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Because if his part was really that insignificant, why wouldn''t he have been tried and sentenced as a minor?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Does anybody have a link to a reliable source which confirms the prosecutions / judges / jury''s conclusion that he was just a bystander?

I mean, "I was just caught up in it while everybody else did it" is the standard line of the defence, isn''t it?[/quote]Do you have any evidence that he wasn''t?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"was involved with a Brussels gang; a gang that committed a brutal mass rape of a 14 year old [can''t find if it was a boy or a girl.] This heinous crime was so gruesome Mboyo was tried and sentenced for his part in the event as an adult"

Found that, surely the decision for him to be tried and sentenced as an adult contradicts the claim by somebody above that he was in some way just a kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Because if his part was really that insignificant, why wouldn''t he have been tried and sentenced as a minor?[/quote]Maybe because the crime itself would not have been covered under sentencing for children....?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Does anybody have a link to a reliable source which confirms the prosecutions / judges / jury''s conclusion that he was just a bystander? I mean, "I was just caught up in it while everybody else did it" is the standard line of the defence, isn''t it?[/quote]

I dont have a link - for me I would trust Hoots opinion;   without a doubt he is a good person adn I would trust his judgement to assess whether he is right for us.   I am unlikely to ever meet the player so cant comment.   

But his current state can be anywhere between him still being a predatory gang rapist (is there evidence he was this any more than him being a bystander) and a completely changed man.

I dont want unsavouries at the club either - but (and it''s an enormous but) if he has changed I would rather have him here than a John Terry for example.  

ncfcstar,

The fact that nobody can know the in''s and out''s of this case, MCNALLY INCLUDED, does nothing to further the liberal "justice has been served" bunch and everything to further the "I don''t want a gang rapist playing for Norwich City" stance.

I''m sticking with my statement that - on the basis that I am not able to determine precisely what he was sentenced to EIGHT YEARS for - I would not want him playing for Norwich City.

Can you imagine the abuse that he would get from away fans? Wouldn''t last ten minutes in English football even if we did sign him. Away fans would have a field day, he is better off playing in Belgium.

Belgium fans more forgiving than English fans #shock #horror #gasp

He was convicted and jailed for involvement in a "brutal" gang rape of a 14 year of undetermined gender, that is enough evidence for me.

I''ve managed to get to the 33rd year of my life without being involved in a brutal gang rape, as have most people in society.

Zipper''s Left Foot,

So you have specifically stated on this thread that he was involved in the rape just by being there, but when pressed for a link confirming as such you are unable to provide one? Nothing at all?

Case dismissed.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]ncfcstar,

The fact that nobody can know the in''s and out''s of this case, MCNALLY INCLUDED, does nothing to further the liberal "justice has been served" bunch and everything to further the "I don''t want a gang rapist playing for Norwich City" stance.

I''m sticking with my statement that - on the basis that I am not able to determine precisely what he was sentenced to EIGHT YEARS for - I would not want him playing for Norwich City.

Can you imagine the abuse that he would get from away fans? Wouldn''t last ten minutes in English football even if we did sign him. Away fans would have a field day, he is better off playing in Belgium.

Belgium fans more forgiving than English fans #shock #horror #gasp[/quote]Your use of hashtags really undermines your post.How do you know Belgian fans are more forgiving than English fans?  Do you frequent the Belgian League?How do you know McNally hasn''t consulted someone who has read this case?Do you dismiss any person you come across if you have negative opinions of them formed by an inability to access all the information?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"], So you have specifically stated on this thread that he was involved in the rape just by being there, but when pressed for a link confirming as such you are unable to provide one? Nothing at all? Case dismissed.[/quote]

How is that case dismissed?   If he wasnt there he could not have been found guilty could he?  by being found guilty he was clearly there - do I need a link to prove that.   I dont think so.

I have made my views and reasoning quite clear and dont need to justify my opinion any further;   your view is different and I respect that.