Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

I Feel Sorry For McNally.

Having been encouraged by others to join Twitter which i hasten to add i am more more of an observer than a participant i have taken to ''Following'' David McNally.Now if some of you think there are idiots on Canary Call here is a flavour of the stupid questions that get asked of a CEO on circa £1 million a year.

Can you tell me when the Man Utd tickets are being posted ?

How do you upgrade a ticket from under 21 to adult ?

Will i be able to still park on the Orange car park next season ?

Who do i speak to about putting my uncle''s 50th birthday on the scoreboard on Saturday ?

What time do the coaches leave for........ ?

Would it not be easier for customer services to have a Twitter account to deal with such mundane enquires as unbelievably Mr McNally answers these people by telling them who to contact ? Talk about wasting a very busy mans time !!

Do i need a tin hat for posting this ? [:P]

Multiple people can log onto one Twitter account, I wouldn''t be surprised if some of the questions are dealt with by McNally and if some are dealt with by another member of staff. I have a feeling the slightly more ''combative'' posts made are from the man in question, whilst a lot of the more helpful ones are made by a PA or such like.

I suppose this is the latest version od Doomcaster''s emails and meetings outside the club shop. Nice to see the CE at our club keeps up with the times[Y]

I think half the things he deals with over twitter are from the kind of morons that don''t even go to games or understand football in the slightest.

I really respect him for what he puts up with - but he still takes the time to answer questions no matter how insulting or stupid they seem to be. Kudos on him for tweeting all the negative feedback and highlighting just how idiotic some people are out there.

We should feel lucky we have a CEO who has turned this club around, and still takes the time to communicate one to one with fans - not abuse the hell out of him

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Having been encouraged by others to join Twitter which i hasten to add i am more more of an observer than a participant i have taken to ''Following'' David McNally.Now if some of you think there are idiots on Canary Call here is a flavour of the stupid questions that get asked of a CEO on circa £1 million a year.

Who do i speak to about putting my uncle''s 50th birthday on the scoreboard on Saturday ?

Would it not be easier for customer services to have a Twitter account to deal with such mundane enquires as unbelievably Mr McNally answers these people by telling them who to contact ? Talk about wasting a very busy mans time !!

[/quote]

Mr. Tilson, if I were in McNally''s position I would quickly ascertain that a Twitter account is simply another form of communication in today''s world, have a smart young thing on the payroll set up an account in my name and have that person field the questions from all and sundry ( only bringing the ones to me that have a genuine ounce of in-depth thought behind them ), take the plaudits for being responsive to the fans while spending almost zero of my personal time at all. But that''s just me. You don''t think Mr. McNally thinks like that do you? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

It''s certainly tough at the top!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Mr. Tilson, if I were in McNally''s position I would quickly ascertain that a Twitter account is simply another form of communication in today''s world, [b]have a smart young thing on the payroll set up an account in my name and have that person field the questions from all and sundry[/b] ( only bringing the ones to me that have a genuine ounce of in-depth thought behind them ), take the plaudits for being responsive to the fans while spending almost zero of my personal time at all. But that''s just me. You don''t think Mr. McNally thinks like that do you? [;)]

[/quote]

I''d give it to his daughter ;)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Mr. Tilson, if I were in McNally''s position I would quickly ascertain that a Twitter account is simply another form of communication in today''s world, have a smart young thing on the payroll set up an account in my name and have that person field the questions from all and sundry ( only bringing the ones to me that have a genuine ounce of in-depth thought behind them ), take the plaudits for being responsive to the fans while spending almost zero of my personal time at all. But that''s just me. You don''t think Mr. McNally thinks like that do you? [;)]

[/quote]

I''d give it to his daughter

Why do quotes come out so shite? And why can''t you use standard HTML tags?

I''d still give it to his daughter though.

In the not too distant past we had an efficient and effective Customer Services department headed by Richard Gough ( I think his name was ).They would deal with fans everyday problems. We also had a much maligned S.C.G that had input into travelling,pricing,disability issues and other fans concerns. They also did "mystery customer" checks to see if fans were getting the service they deserved.

Consequently I am not surprised that Twitter has become a conduit for everyday issues.

One of his responses really pi$$ed me off the other day though. Even though it doesn''t affect me, I think it takes advantage of fans and wound me up.

Someone tweeted him asking if you could downgrade a ticket from adult to u21 and McNally replied saying that he believed that you could in most parts of the ground. When then asked if you got a refund for doing so the answer was "No."

What''s the point in downgrading the ticket then, other than wasting everybody''s time? You''re more than happy to charge someone an extra £30 to upgrade from u21 or over 65 to a normal adult ticket but when someone wants to do it in reverse you won''t give them a refund?

Should have just said no you can''t, just use the adult ticket.

Two points Howson is Now.

Firstly, McNally often replies by quoting the orignal tweet, his scope to reply is therefor limited to however many characters of the 140 remain unused.

Secondly, it''s stated cleary within the Season Ticket Terms & Conditions that you cannot use a ST from a lower category pricing grouping (ie and Adult using an Under 21 ST) without paying the upgrade price. Otherwise, that would be defrauding the club out of ticket revenue. However, it also states in the T&C''s that no refunds are given, so anyone technically entitled to a lower pricing group than the ticket (ie an Under 21 using and Adult ST) isn''t entilted to a refund.