Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

chris martin next step

Because Chris martin come from a town where I live in I heard he my be going to derby on loan. And if he do good he my be leaving norwich this summer. This is what I heard

If he isnt careful him may have to look for a proper job soon as his footy career is starting to slip through his fingers, since his league 1 days there has been little positive, not getting in the team here and a succession of loans that are getting increasingly unimpressive, Swindon was not good. His transfer value to us with the performances and time left on his contract must be virtually zero

He will be off in the summer, to a mid table championship club, where he will no doubt fail to impress because of his Billy Big B*****s attitude and he will be playing for Lowetoft Town by the end of next year.

As every manager seasms to think he has something about him, it is a shame that he does not have a the mental capability to apply himself.

I thought De Canio would have been the one manager who might have sorted out his head, still never mind Lowestoft is a nice place.

[quote user="Indy"]

He will be off in the summer, to a mid table championship club, where he will no doubt fail to impress because of his Billy Big B*****s attitude and he will be playing for Lowetoft Town by the end of next year.

As every manager seasms to think he has something about him, it is a shame that he does not have a the mental capability to apply himself.

I thought De Canio would have been the one manager who might have sorted out his head, still never mind Lowestoft is a nice place.

[/quote]

Can''t see him playing for Flem, he''s knows him too well, I heard Mick Macarthy wants him at Binnersville

Just get rid. A drag on the wage bill, and he is, at the very very best, 3rd choice for whatever position you care to mention, and a lot lower on others. I cannot think of one positive reason to keep him here

Isn''t he out of contract in the summer anyway? Best for all parties if he''s allowed to leave as a free agent at the end of the season.

He''s had some good times with us, and certainly done well at lower league clubs. Perhaps being released will be the kick up the backside he needs to realise his real talent.

It could be the making of him!

Again alot of harsh words for Chris. You can''t keep holding one incident in Beccles pub against him forever. We''ve all acted like idiots before when drunk. And who can blame him for wanting to leave swindow if there is an op to join a championship club? PDC is obviously extremely bitter, it was only a couple of weeks ago he was offering to pay for Martins loan and rave about his abillitites. Every manager Martin has played for has always seen somthing in him. I''d like to see him back and give him a few appearances from the bench.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Again alot of harsh words for Chris. You can''t keep holding one incident in Beccles pub against him forever. We''ve all acted like idiots before when drunk. And who can blame him for wanting to leave swindow if there is an op to join a championship club? PDC is obviously extremely bitter, it was only a couple of weeks ago he was offering to pay for Martins loan and rave about his abillitites. Every manager Martin has played for has always seen somthing in him. I''d like to see him back and give him a few appearances from the bench.

[/quote]

Just to clarify, my thoughts have nothing to do with his drinking escapades, but purely based on his footballing abilities with Norwich City

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Just to clarify, my thoughts have nothing to do with his drinking escapades, but purely based on his footballing abilities with Norwich City

[/quote]

And it was his Brother who was fighting outside the InnGate pub in Beccles Chris was on the wronge end of Publicity that day. not his fault

I''m with Lincoln on this one - Chris Martin needs to be given game time to determine whether he''s good enough or not.

A lot of people here start to rave about Becchio and KK before seeing them play in the prem. These two might suck and be worse than Martin - they are 5th and 6th choice on a transfer wish list- therefore are backups like Martin.

The likes of Ryan Bennett look out of his depth but no mention of his inability to play in the league or wanting him to leave. Hughton needs to give Martin a chance.

Chris Martin needs to leave Norwich and grab himself a 2 and a half year deal at any Championship club if he is going to fulfill his potential.

In my opinion his ''potential'' is the potential to become a decent player in a decent Championship team. Being in our squad is pointless, needs to move permanently.

He isn''t good enough for Norwich by virtue of us becoming too good for him, if we were a Championship team then he''d probably be a useful or maybe even important member of our squad. We aren''t though, we''re a Championship team.

Going out on loan every year didn''t do Ruddy too much good at Everton, it wasn''t until he moved to us on a permanent that he really found his feet in football, that''s what Martin needs to do too.

I think he''d be a good player for Peterborough to be honest..... a team who play nice football, develop their players, and who seem to get a fair bit of attention from the managers of other teams. Can''t see why he can''t get a move to somewhere like that on a two or three year deal.

If he leaves now he will achieve more in the game than the likes of Ryan Jarvis..... if he clings on he potentially won''t, NOW is the time for him to just go and play every week.

It''s nothing to do with his Beccles incident, more about his application and commitment towards football.

He gives the impression of not fully focusing on his potential talent, which he does have no doubt, but everywhere he has been it starts off with a big impact and tails off with a whimper with him returning here every time, why has no club actively asked to buy him yet?

Time to depart and find his true level of ffotball, it''s up to  Chrissy Boy to decide where that is, only he can make the effort to really play at full potential which no one has seen, but at 24 time is running out! 

Martin and Ryan Jarvis - two of a kind.Not committed enough, don''t work hard enough and too often content to watch the game pass them by.Martin did''nt pull up any trees while at Palace and will end up like Jarvis in Div 1 or 2 at best.

I think that Chris Martin is a hell of a lot more talented than Ryan Jarvis, to be honest.

He needs to leave though. Like I said.... Peterborough would be a good club for him.