Sign in to follow this  
yeller weller

TRAINING TIMES

everyday

and i think it starts at nine...

ill check later

I took my kids last year and what I had to do was ring Colney Training Ground (get number from NCFC) in the morning and see if they are training.  I can''t believe it but they don''t seem to know when the players are training??!!!  One morning I rang and they said no the players were not training, try tomorrow. Fortunately they were training the next day.  Sorry I haven''t got the number so just ring Carrow Road and they will give it to you.

You could always take a chance and turn up at Colney but obviously the kids would be disappointed if they players weren''t there.

Have fun!  Most of the players are willing to sign autographs and pose for photographs etc.

They only train for 3 hours a day?????!!!!!

Kind of puts it all in perspective then doesn''t it?   No wonder we are heading for the Fizzy Pop league with that sort of committment.   Poor little darlings - makes your heart bleed doesn''t it - a whole three hours of running around a training pitch like headless chickens (or at least that''s obviously what the defence practices!).

Sorry folks - but you have to admit that with that sort of effort it''s little wonder we''re not able to hold our own with the likes of Blackburn!

they also do alot of fitness work down at green (the fitness club)

And also, some people do have families......

[quote]they also do alot of fitness work down at green (the fitness club) And also, some people do have families......[/quote]

And also, some people do have families......

Bet there is a lot more people who work 8, 9, 10 or 12 hour days for a lot less money than a professional footballer.

I can''t see a professional sportsman getting "tired" out, having to work for three hours a day!

Besides they soon put the calories back after a visit to Macdonalds on the way home!

You''ve got me on my favourite rant.

I have always been amazed by this. Iwan''s book exposed it for me. Tough? Fit? Hardly. He seemed to spend much of the odd "half" day having a sauna and massage. Perhaps thats why Ashton has quickly got up to the teams high fitness levels.

I guess a good number of us hold down a demanding job for at least 8 hours a day, if not longer, 5 days a week, manage our families and still manage to get to the Gym, play squash, football, circuit training etc for almost as many days of the week as the professionals do.

I appreciate the reasons for not overtraining but why don''t they spend thinking time on tactics, analysis of self and opponents, personal development etc etc especially as they have so much time. Thats how it is on the continent.

Could not agree with you more Twiggy - I think we are quite entitled to raise a few questions concerning performance levels from time to time considering the huge salaries we pay them!

My average day: get up at 6:30am, go to work, (and my job is pretty physical), take half an hour at 11am, finish work at 4pm, go for a run at 4:30pm, get back at 5:30pm, work out until about 6:30pm then relax in the evening.

3 hours training a day? Bloody hell, no wonder were gonna get relegated. How many hours a day do Arsenal train a day?

TOOK THEM TODAY KIDS ENJOYED IT AND THE PLAYERS WERE REALLY GOOD.AS FOR FITNESS LEVELS THE REASON WE ARE 3RD FROM BOTTOM IS NOT DUE TO LACK OF FITNESS WE JUST LACK PREM QUALITY IN MOST AREAS AND NOT MUCH LUCK WITH INJURIES AT KEY TIMES.BUT WHATEVER IM NOT GIVING UP ON THEM AS 100% IS ALWAYS GIVEN

It''s not about being fit - stamina is all well and good, but you''ve got to have the skills and ability to go with it in order to play a good game. It doesn''t matter how quickly they can run between the goalposts or how many crunches they can do if they can''t mark a sack of concrete for love nor money. And yes - we all have families - wish I could work a 3 hour day and spend so much time with mine - oh and have the trial of a 90 minute (if lucky) run out on a Saturday - and get paid a fortune for it!

[quote]They only train for 3 hours a day?????!!!!! Kind of puts it all in perspective then doesn''t it? No wonder we are heading for the Fizzy Pop league with that sort of committment. Poor little darlin...[/quote]

plastic scouser

yes, they only train in the mornings, but i don''t think we are alone in that - in fact as long as i have been going up to colney they have only trained in the mornings, in fact i am amazed they start as early as 9.30!!

it''s not just worthy, but all the past managers as well, including megson who only trains for the morning