Sign in to follow this  
super canary

I have only been to......

My 2p,

Attending/Watching games goes a long way towards been a ''real'' Supporter, If you dont even keep up to date with the games, whats the point?

Were not in the days of ceefax any more, every game is accesible, either by stream, audio, text commentary or betting website updates.

I live in Leeds, so struggle to get to Carrow Road, however I have attended every away game thats within travelling distance. If I lived in Norwich I have no doubt I would have a season ticket and travel to away games on the club coaches.

I am fortunate that I can work my working life around NCFC games, so rarely miss streaming a game.

The League One and Championship seasons were brilliant for me, lots of Northern games at reasonable prices, were we have a good chance of winning. If im honest, I''m a ''little bit'' board of the Premier League.

I spent £400 to play at Carrow Road last year, bought DVD reviews, collect club badges, buy training wear and almost always buy a replica shirt. Id like to think some of that money goes towards supporting the club.

I dedicate time to reading and posting on NCFC websites such as this, not directly affecting NCFC I know.

To compare that to 2 friends of mine,

A lad that claims to be a Man U fan, never goes games, never buys merchandise, not on any MUFC websites and regulary will find out the MUFC score by watching MOTD. He has been to more Leeds United games than he has Man U.

Second lad, Bradford City fan, he sells programme''s just to get home match tickets, travels away on the club coach every week (whether it be Rotherham or Plymouth), wears Bradford City training/lesiure T-Shirts, runs his entire life around the club, has ''BCFC'' etched on his body, everytime I look at his PC he has the Bradford Official site or forum on. Dedicates so much of his money and time towards the club. 

IMO I am more of a fan than the first lad, but less of a fan than second lad. 

[quote user="star_manic"]no wonder so many people have left this message board in the last couple of years. just a load of first class w''nkers who think they are better than many other fans. i am a pensioner who lives 140 miles from Carrow Road  and can hardly afford the internet to get abused by these morons, let alone spend more than half my weekly income to attend matches. i despair of the mentality of some on here.[/quote]

My nomination for ironic post of the month.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Anyone else notice the similar writing style and use of language between Mungo Bumpkin & Super Canary in this tread?Just sayin''...[/quote]

Im afraid your way off the mark. But a decent attempt by you to ruin a perfectly interesting thread by going off topic and back to the usual sniping, moaning and nonsense which is so typical on here.

I live in Berkshire and was a regular Season Ticket holder but I no longer go to games as following brain surgery I was left partially disabled. It hurts loads  not been able to get to games but it hurts even more when I can''t find a decent internet stream.....[;)]

Living in Cumbria, I don''t get to that many games - usually away games if they are up this way - and a few home games as I like to savour the atmosphere at Carrow Rd - but the cost of travel is the thing that prevents me more than anything.      My Dad took me to my first game in 1967 - he followed city through the 50''s, knew all there was about NCFC that could be known and passed on his love of the club to me and I went every week until I left home to go to college - since when I go back as often as I can.   

I hope our resident troll mungo takes this in - as I see he has had another go at me earlier in this thread - but I won''t hold my breath.  

Fans are fans wherever they come from or whatever they do - supporters in kind if not in deed.  I wish that everyone on the board would respect each other as fans and not seek to gain an advantage over others by being so childish about their perceived superior status as regular goers to Carrow Road - we support the same club, after all.

I live in Norwich NR4, about 3 miles from the ground.  I''m able bodied, have disposable income, and can attend any game I choose to.  The fact is, I have better things to do at this point in my life, such as raising a family and building a career, and I make no apologies for that to anyone.  I gave up my season ticket after the 2009/10 season willingly as a priority call, and I don''t regret that for a minute.  I support the team but it isn''t that big a deal or that much of a Saturday-changing event if we lose or win.  I see some people say "well if Norwich lose that''s my day ruined" and I think "okay, so you''re going to let something you have no control or influence over ruin your day.  Well, fair enough, but that''s surely a bit pathetic?"Still, each to their own etc.Yours plastically,Chops.

I havent been to a home match in 16 years, but before I moved away I probably attended something like 300 matches, including both recent cup semi-finals and the Milk Cup. But funnily enough, I dont feel the slightest need to justify my love the club to the sneering morons on hear that coined the phrase ''plastics''.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"] sneering morons on hear

[/quote]

Not just my case you are getting on then LC ? Funny thing is the chap i mentioned on the other thread with multiple accounts had a habit of calling posters morons also.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"] sneering morons on hear

[/quote]

Not just my case you are getting on then LC ? Funny thing is the chap i mentioned on the other thread with multiple accounts had a habit of calling posters morons also.

[/quote]You would also hope that before calling someone a moron, the person dishing out the abuse would be able to tell the difference between "hear" and "here".

Til,I wasnt aware it was you that coined the phrase plastics, but thanks for semingly confirming this. Its funny that your kind acuse LDC of being overly sensitive, but how your tune changes when it applies to you.I also wasnt aware that usage of the word moron was copyrighted by individual posters. Gee, I am not even the only poster on this page to use the word!

Oh dear Mr C, as someone who infrequently attends games and makes spelling mistakes, I guess that makes me one of the lower caste then. Crikey, next someome will be telling me that you have to be a university educated season ticket holder before you are allowed to express an opinion on hear.

Ha ha, super sleuth Nigel thinks that I am Smudger (presumably along with every other new poster that has an opinion). I was under the impression that he lived in Norfolk and had been to a home game in the last 16 years.

Oh silly me!! A *new poster*  with so much knowledge of the board would obviously be telling the truth in his posts. Super sleuth? Primary school kid could have done it!

I didnt say I was a new poster and its just as well that I know about how welcoming this board is. I have already been accused of being an imposter, now a liar to add the heinous crime of mis typing a word. I thought I read somewhere about there being a new start on this board and not being offensive to other posters. Hardly a nice welcome from you Nigel

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"] I thought I read somewhere about there being a new start on this board and not being offensive to other posters.
[/quote]

So says the poster who earlier referred to ''sneering morons'' !

Having one class of fan looking down on another class of fan is indeed moronic behaviour in my book and I would argue that this sort of attitude has no place in any new beginning on this site. I am sure that you would support this sentiment Mr Tilson as a former chair of a supporters organisation.

Yes Tilly, I would think it''s comments like that which have contravened Pet''s brave new dawn. I hardly think I have.