Sign in to follow this  
super canary

I have only been to......

one City game in the last 10 years. I consider myself a very loyal and passionate fan, i get down when we lose, close to shedding tears after prem relegation at Fulham and losing to Brum in cardiff....not reading the papers when we lose to going mental whenever we score or win. How we do really affects me for the following days. But, because i dont go to games am i any less of a fan? i dont think so,but just wondered your opinions.

Yes you are in my view less of a fan (or perhaps the right word here is supporter) if you don''t ever go to games UNLESS there is a good reason why you can''t/dont go to games.

That''s my view anyway. Not to say you aren''t a fan or a "real fan" if you live the club but if you dont go then you aren''t really supporting the club in any meaningful way and in my view it''s not comparable with a fan/supporter who makes the effort to go week in/week out or even just gies whenever they can.

Depends on your reasons for not going to games, ie geographical location, work commitments, cost etc.If you live in Norwich, and are in gainful employment, then I''m afraid its not looking good.What was the one game you went to?

[quote user="morty"]Depends on your reasons for not going to games, ie geographical location, work commitments, cost etc.If you live in Norwich, and are in gainful employment, then I''m afraid its not looking good.What was the one game you went to?[/quote]

Palace home in the promotion season...1-1. I have had the time and money to get to some games over the years, ive just preferred supporting from home.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="City 2nd"]super canary: Maybe you should change your post name![/quote] no can do. im actually super.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/jcincain/Public/TrollAway.jpg[/IMG]

Super, take heart in the fact that whilst you are obviously at a very lowly rung on the ladder to true supporter status you are, at least, in a more elevated position than the chap from the Lakes who for some reason has latched on to our club since we have been in the premiership.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Super, take heart in the fact that whilst you are obviously at a very lowly rung on the ladder to true supporter status you are, at least, in a more elevated position than the chap from the Lakes who for some reason has latched on to our club since we have been in the premiership.[/quote]

nice to know

[quote user="super canary"]one City game in the last 10 years. I consider myself a very loyal and passionate fan, i get down when we lose, close to shedding tears after prem relegation at Fulham and losing to Brum in cardiff....not reading the papers when we lose to going mental whenever we score or win. How we do really affects me for the following days. But, because i dont go to games am i any less of a fan? i dont think so,but just wondered your opinions.[/quote]Why on earth would you care what people on an internet messageboard think re: how much of a fan you are? "I consider myself a very loyal and passionate fan".  Well then you probably are.   Good for you.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="super canary"]one City game in the last 10 years. I consider myself a very loyal and passionate fan, i get down when we lose, close to shedding tears after prem relegation at Fulham and losing to Brum in cardiff....not reading the papers when we lose to going mental whenever we score or win. How we do really affects me for the following days. But, because i dont go to games am i any less of a fan? i dont think so,but just wondered your opinions.[/quote]Why on earth would you care what people on an internet messageboard think re: how much of a fan you are? "I consider myself a very loyal and passionate fan".  Well then you probably are.   Good for you.[/quote]

just curious

from the way that you describe your emotions ...its no different to my own reactions .I have been supporting  city from the barclay since 1969..season ticket holder for 12 years . So in my opinion you are a loyal fan , who chooses not to go down to Carra Rud

[quote user="super canary"]one City game in the last 10 years......[/quote]Congratulations, You qualify to be a regular Canary Caller.....

Listening to some people(not just this thread) going to matches alone isn''t enough because if you don''t own a season ticket you are A CASUAL and lower on the food chain.

Total crap.

I''m sure a lot of people who go on this forum are season ticket holders but take every Opertunity to slate the club, the players, manager and the board.

Some of the most loyal supporters would love to go to CR regularly but can''t but seems some of the ones who turn up every other week take it for granted.

Season ticket snobbery is a joke and to say a supporter isn''t worthy just because he isn''t sitting in HIS seat moaning every home game is sad.

I''d like to go to more games than I do although I''ve been to many more than super but does that mean I''m a better supporter than him but not as good as somebody who goes every home game and perminatly slate every aspect of the club?

I went to more games when we was in the lower divisions and watched some total rubbish but still enjoyed the ups and downs.

If you are a true fan of NCFC you deserve the same respect as the next fan season ticket or occasional .

We should all stand together and stop the snobbery click

OTBC

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Listening to some people(not just this thread) going to matches alone isn''t enough because if you don''t own a season ticket you are A CASUAL and lower on the food chain. Total crap. I''m sure a lot of people who go on this forum are season ticket holders but take every Opertunity to slate the club, the players, manager and the board. Some of the most loyal supporters would love to go to CR regularly but can''t but seems some of the ones who turn up every other week take it for granted. Season ticket snobbery is a joke and to say a supporter isn''t worthy just because he isn''t sitting in HIS seat moaning every home game is sad. I''d like to go to more games than I do although I''ve been to many more than super but does that mean I''m a better supporter than him but not as good as somebody who goes every home game and perminatly slate every aspect of the club? I went to more games when we was in the lower divisions and watched some total rubbish but still enjoyed the ups and downs. If you are a true fan of NCFC you deserve the same respect as the next fan season ticket or occasional . We should all stand together and stop the snobbery click OTBC[/quote]

How can he be a true fan if he deliberately chooses to "support from home"? Wind up or what?

Can only get 24-25000 home fans in CR per game so does that mean Norwich City is only allowed to have that number of people total who can be classed as supporters?

I just don''t agree with the clicky snobbery that goes with holding a season ticket.

Judging people on whether or not they go to matches or not is total crap.

As I said before I don''t go as often as I''d like, I''m sure a few of you may snigger but I work 60-70 hours a week Monday to Friday and come the weekend I devote my time to my children, for me to work all week then clear off on a Saturday is selfish so for that reason I go to a lot less games now than before I had children..

I still love the club , listen on the radio, talk about the team, look through forums and when I worked in Ipswich done so wearing my Norwich top to stir the wan£€rs up.

I''m a supporter even if life dictates I''m not at CR every other week.

I know people who never go to games, due to age / money / family / health etc etc but tune in on the radio. They often have an interest in our club, and are keen to talk about it. It never crosses my mind they are ''less'' of a supporter. I would have been well peed off to be labelled that way during the times I have not been able to go to games.

barclay seats 48/49

from the way that you describe your emotions ...its no different to my own reactions .I have been supporting  city from the barclay since 1969..season ticket holder for 12 years . So in my opinion you are a loyal fan , who chooses not to go down to Carra Rud

-----------------------------

Well said.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Listening to some people(not just this thread) going to matches alone isn''t enough because if you don''t own a season ticket you are A CASUAL and lower on the food chain.

Total crap.

I''m sure a lot of people who go on this forum are season ticket holders but take every Opertunity to slate the club, the players, manager and the board.

Some of the most loyal supporters would love to go to CR regularly but can''t but seems some of the ones who turn up every other week take it for granted.

Season ticket snobbery is a joke and to say a supporter isn''t worthy just because he isn''t sitting in HIS seat moaning every home game is sad.

I''d like to go to more games than I do although I''ve been to many more than super but does that mean I''m a better supporter than him but not as good as somebody who goes every home game and perminatly slate every aspect of the club?

I went to more games when we was in the lower divisions and watched some total rubbish but still enjoyed the ups and downs.

If you are a true fan of NCFC you deserve the same respect as the next fan season ticket or occasional .

We should all stand together and stop the snobbery click

OTBC[/quote]All stand together? The Stewards won''t like that.In all seriousness I don''t see any fan as better than any other, I''ve supported Norwich since the late 60''s and the way I''ve supported them has varied at different times. When I first started going it was whenever my Dad could take me (because of my age and distance I lived from the ground), in the mid 70''s when I was a bit older I used to go to every home game and the occasional away game with a couple of mates, by the mid 80''s I was watching Norwich home and away missing very few games in either league or cup. During the 90''s due to work it was back to the same as the mid 70''s getting to home games but only the occasional away game. Work then took me to the North West and it was difficult to get Saturdays off work so the amount of games I got to see dropped right down with the majority of games I could get to being away games. This went on for 12 years until we were in League 1 and I found out in the September I was being made redundant in the November, I found every excuse I could to get time off to see games, I managed 10 away games that season and with my redundancy money in my pocket I called into the ticket office to purchase a season ticket for the remainder of the season on my way back to living in Norfolk.Three years on I go to all the home games and get to as many youth and reserve games that I can get to but due to money restrictions as I no longer work due to me looking after my partner as her health has declined so much she is confined to a wheelchair I don''t get to many away games, I haven''t managed one yet this season but will be at Wigan away on Easter Saturday as we have a party to attend in Blackpool that evening.As I said the way I''ve supported Norwich has varied over the years so who am I to judge anyone else.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 06/02/2013 12:07 AM:

super canary wrote:

City 2nd wrote:

super canary: Maybe you should change your post name!

no can do. im actually super.

Hope that troll spray isn''t directed at me John as one of those who you actually know well from BSPS days!

Bert sneakers wrote the following post at 06/02/2013 2:43 AM:

I just don''t agree with the clicky snobbery that goes with holding a season ticket.

That is a rather brash statement to make BS, I certainly am no clicky snob, and like most, struggle to justify yet alone pay £500 to watch NCFC - but it is the cheapest way of watching city at home every game, and whilst I am able to do that, I will. I haven''t always been able to do that, and in fact like you, prior to my hard earnt retirement, worked between 50/60 hours a week, 7 days a week, and could hardly muster but a few games a season so no, I won''t snigger at you. But hopefully one day you yourself will be able to become a STH.

Think the cheapest way to watch City home and away 2nd is online. It''s still free last time I checked, poor Sky!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

How can he be a true fan if he deliberately chooses to "support from home"?

[/quote]

I was a season ticket holder for 12 years.  A few years ago, when my son was born I chose not to go to so many games.  At the end of the season I ''deliberately'' chose to give up my season ticket and ''support from home''.  I have only been to 3-4 competitive games in the last few years.  Webbo, does that now make me not a ''true fan''?  If that is the way that you feel, I feel sorry for you and the people around you.

Some people have other priorities.  I believe that just because someone don''t see football as the most important thing in the world does not mean that they are not a ''true fan''. 

However, if it is the case that chosing to put something else as a higher priority, such as my children, means I am not a true fan, I am then proud not to be! 

Thanks people for all the comments, really interesting stuff. And nice to have some decent discussion on an interesting topic rather than silly squabbles. Cheers.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]from the way that you describe your emotions ...its no different to my own reactions .I have been supporting  city from the barclay since 1969..season ticket holder for 12 years . So in my opinion you are a loyal fan , who chooses not to go down to Carra Rud[/quote]Yes I would agree with that. You are a loyal fan but more of a follower than a supporter.

I lived in Norwich for 10 years and went to as many home games as I could afford (a lot more league 1 and championship than premiership!) a season ticket for one season only i was there at the Colchester debacle (low point in my life) and Charlton fa cup game that was dreadful. I now live on the south coast have bought canary player so I can listen every Saturday I went to st Mary''s and pray for Brighton to be promoted :-)

So does that make me a fan, follower or supporter 2nd class?

And does it really matter?

no wonder so many people have left this message board in the last couple of years. just a load of first class w''nkers who think they are better than many other fans. i am a pensioner who lives 140 miles from Carrow Road  and can hardly afford the internet to get abused by these morons, let alone spend more than half my weekly income to attend matches. i despair of the mentality of some on here.