Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Best Football

All this Negativity to Hughton regarding formation etc etc, i think we have played some of the best football in ages under him, cant remember to many managers who have played offensive football while being defensive minded, Lambert could''nt, Gunn!! Grant!! Roeder!! Worthy!! Hamilton!! Rioch!!Could''nt!! nearest we have had to this style was Walker or Brown so wake Up!!

Well I guess it all depends what the individual enjoys watching. Quite a few sitting near me lose patience after about three passes and demand the ball is lumped into the box. Almost all had completely lost patience and probably needed baldyboy''s bp medication before Johnson put the final pass through to Pilks for our second against Sunderland. They cheered the goal anyway though....

I think for the first time in a long while we look solid as a team. We have good team spirit and a great chance of staying up again this year.

Hughton is building something good here - and staying up this year will be a springboard to investing in his own players and making the team his own. His signings so far have been really good. Bassong and Tettey have become a spine to the team, whilst Bunn has proved his worth at times too.

The style of play is very different to what we''ve been used to in recent years, but as the team grows more to Hughton''s plans I think we can expect more unbeaten runs and points on the board.

Staying up this season is crucial, but in the long term I think the future is bright for us

Swansea game was a beast. Could''ve been 5-0 in first half and even in 2nd half Bradley Johnson had that great effort off the bar.

At the moment we tend to half one half of great football and another half of trying to stay tight and being more counter-attacking. I''m still enjoying the football tbh even if it''s not as attacking - we just look a bit more organised and streetwise. The problem is when Bassong is missing though. We become babbling little children at the back and all hell breaks loose. Another CB in summer is a must or Bennett/Turner need to step up and take control in Bassong''s absence. Would love Vlaar if Villa go down;)