Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Attention plastics!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]A few points/observations: It has been so difficult to get tickets for years now that many people have given up trying and are probably unaware that availability is a bit better this year. Even so, it is still very difficult to get tickets where you would prefer to sit and i think many people regard paying £35-£50 to sit in a part of the ground you don`t fancy, often on your own, as a bit steep. Then factor in that people can watch every single game in many pubs around the county, i think you have a "perfect storm" regarding decreasing demand. Watching MOTD recently i`ve been amazed how many big games around the country are not selling out any more- i think it`s an issue we`ll be hearing more and more about, particularly with the economy not looking like getting much better any time soon.[/quote]

I agree with all that Mr Carrow but it doesn''t address the point of the opening post does it? All those things apply equally whoever the opposition is. I just think it less likely plastics will be washing their hair when man U come to town...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]A few points/observations: It has been so difficult to get tickets for years now that many people have given up trying and are probably unaware that availability is a bit better this year. Even so, it is still very difficult to get tickets where you would prefer to sit and i think many people regard paying £35-£50 to sit in a part of the ground you don`t fancy, often on your own, as a bit steep. Then factor in that people can watch every single game in many pubs around the county, i think you have a "perfect storm" regarding decreasing demand. Watching MOTD recently i`ve been amazed how many big games around the country are not selling out any more- i think it`s an issue we`ll be hearing more and more about, particularly with the economy not looking like getting much better any time soon.[/quote]

I agree with all that Mr Carrow but it doesn''t address the point of the opening post does it? All those things apply equally whoever the opposition is. I just think it less likely plastics will be washing their hair when man U come to town...

[/quote]

I also agree with Mr Carrow''s views and in this case with Mungo B''s. The latter is clearly wind up merchant and i suspect is the second account of another regular poster on here but that doesn''t make the basic point any less true. Its also strange that with such a waiting list for season tickets (people who are presumably desperate to see us play at Carrow Road on a regular basis) that any casual tickets for any game are not snapped up immediately.

I do however think that there is truth in the fact that many people do not bother to try and get casual tickets because they assume they are not available but also that people are falling out of the habit of buying them because the pricing system also puts them off. i really do worry that we are starting to see here the effects of McNally''s consistently pushing up the cost for casual fans attending Carrow Road. attending football matches is a habit and people are falling out of it. It may not matter now whilst times are good but it will do at some point in the future when our regular match going support has shrunk because many people have been priced out of going over the years.

[quote user="hogesar"]I love how one thread represents The PinkUn almost perfectly [:D][/quote]

Lol[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]I love how one thread represents The PinkUn almost perfectly [:D]
[/quote]

Lol[Y]
[/quote]

It''s a good representation of one aspect of what keeps people coming back. But there''s much more to the forum than that. I like it on here[Y] Others criticise it and even ridicule it but they can''t keep away....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]I love how one thread represents The PinkUn almost perfectly [:D][/quote]

Lol[Y][/quote]

It''s a good representation of one aspect of what keeps people coming back. But there''s much more to the forum than that. I like it on here[Y] Others criticise it and even ridicule it but they can''t keep away....

[/quote]It offers lots of different things.Sometimes serious debate, sometimes a cross between the Jeremy Kyle show crossed with a text version of Canary call.If it didn''t amuse me, I wouldn''t bother logging on.

Mungo is spot on with his original post, But some of you are so far up your own backside, you cant accept it, that when Man Utd come to City every one abroad or in Devon will make a extra effort, but when it comes to Cup Games or Smaller clubs some cant be bothered

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Mungo is spot on with his original post, But some of you are so far up your own backside, you cant accept it, that when Man Utd come to City every one abroad or in Devon will make a extra effort, but when it comes to Cup Games or Smaller clubs some cant be bothered[/quote]

This is the definition of a plastic for me they tend to use excuses like cant afford it, am working that day or live to far away to travel to every game(why support Norwich then).

When the big teams come suddenly they have money are not working and travel not an issue. Plastic I tell you.

LDC "If you unwrap your Morrisons ready meals before you eat them, you might find your ablutions are a bit more healthy."

See I found that amusing LDC, but I can''t help but feel the more sensitive type couldn''t help to take offence at the thinly veiled insult.

I know you feel the need to internet duel people like mungo to the death, but your only looking increasingly hysterical to those of us with thicker skins. I''m not trying to wind you up, but you need to chill out. Even if mungo has got it in for you, as you seem to be suggesting, by going crazy on a 7 page and counting thread all your probably doing is making him chuckle to himself.

''This is the definition of a plastic for me they tend to use excuses like cant afford it, am working that day or live to far away to travel to every game(why support Norwich then).

When the big teams come suddenly they have money are not working and travel not an issue. Plastic I tell you.''

I assume this is a wind-up - either that, or by virtue of the fact that you are LOCAL as your signature implies, makes you somehow superior to every Norwich supporter who happens to reside elsewhere.Well, I will make the assumption that you are young and stupid and don''t know any better!

Personally I''d rather pay to see us play a smaller team as there is more chance of us getting a win. Is this plasticity or glory hunting?

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Plastic is the wrong term for this I think. If I wanted to be a "plastic fan" I''d support a team who win things and not fighting a relegation battle.

I''ve been to games when we were in the championship, But I''m now living alone in a flat with a daily problem of how much food can I afford this week. I live in a reality where I have to be realistic and sensible.

Hate to be made to feel guilty or bad because now I can''t afford to go to games, if I could go I wouldn''t care who the other team is.

Win, draw or lose, it still affects my mood because I love NCFC.[/quote]

Thread nailed right there by Drunky. We all support NCFC to our means and to how we chose/see fit. We should all stand together too (when we can), well, most of us anyway.

[quote user="Monty13"]See I found that amusing LDC, but I can''t help but feel the more sensitive type couldn''t help to take offence at the thinly veiled insult. I know you feel the need to internet duel people like mungo to the death, but your only looking increasingly hysterical to those of us with thicker skins. I''m not trying to wind you up, but you need to chill out. Even if mungo has got it in for you, as you seem to be suggesting, by going crazy on a 7 page and counting thread all your probably doing is making him chuckle to himself.[/quote]

Actually, I enjoy the rants against Mungo.   He leaves himself wide open for it and presumably enjoys the attention.   He sets out to put fan against fan and even when he has a point it is usually just an excuse to have a go at fellow fans.   There is nothing to discuss in his point he made originally, other than to say "well spotted"  that Manure games are more popular than Fulham games.    He is really so clever to have worked that out.  

From my point of view it is interesting to see those that have tried to defend him on this thread................

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Mungo is spot on with his original post, But some of you are so far up your own backside, you cant accept it, that when Man Utd come to City every one abroad or in Devon will make a extra effort, but when it comes to Cup Games or Smaller clubs some cant be bothered[/quote]

He''s not spot on, nor are you!

Trace your thick minds back to league 1 gents where we were still attracting 25k crowds week in week out and that was without big away fans taking up 3 blocks...

This whole ''I''m a better fan than you are'' really just means you''re a bigger co*k than most!!

Are they defending Mungo LDC? or are they just defending the fact that he is free to say what he likes (up to a point obv.).

Maybe he has stated the obvious, but I don''t personally see why it is not a topic worthy of discussion?

The fact that some games are more popular than others, when Norwich play in all of them, is actually a reasonable starter of debate.

The fact he started it in his usual confrontational style isn''t really an issue to me, sorry.

I haven''t seen one poster defend another poster on this thread. What has been interesting is seeing where the insults come from. Sometimes the tone af a post can say much more than the actual words....

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

There are still tickets avaiable for Saturday! I know you really only want to see manyoo or chelski i.e. not that bothered about Naaaridge (they''re the ones in yellow and green) bit we need the points, there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[/quote]You haven''t even been on this board for two years yet.Oddly, the date of you joining seems to neatly coincide with Norwich''s impending promotion to the Premier League.Are you enjoying your prawn sandwiches?

If you cheer for the yellows your a fan in my book.

Sure because we are in the prem we will attract a few new fans ... so what ? these new fans may well be cheering on Norwich for the next 70 odd years. Who are we to judge.

Let the boys in yellow unite us, not tear us apart.

OTBC

[quote user="H4H"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Mungo is spot on with his original post, But some of you are so far up your own backside, you cant accept it, that when Man Utd come to City every one abroad or in Devon will make a extra effort, but when it comes to Cup Games or Smaller clubs some cant be bothered[/quote] He''s not spot on, nor are you! Trace your thick minds back to league 1 gents where we were still attracting 25k crowds week in week out and that was without big away fans taking up 3 blocks... This whole ''I''m a better fan than you are'' really just means you''re a bigger co*k than most!![/quote]

I bet no one flew in for a league one match, apart from Leeds!!

I used to go quite alot home and away, had season ticket, had an away season tickets. Went nearly 5 seasons without missing a game. Due to children and pricing I hardly go anymore. I went to the Aston Villa cup game this season and may do one more before the end of the season if I fancy it.

Yeah I guess im a plastic fan. What a load of horses**t

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

There are still tickets avaiable for Saturday! I know you really only want to see manyoo or chelski i.e. not that bothered about Naaaridge (they''re the ones in yellow and green) bit we need the points, there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[/quote]

You haven''t even been on this board for two years yet.

Oddly, the date of you joining seems to neatly coincide with Norwich''s impending promotion to the Premier League.

Are you enjoying your prawn sandwiches?
[/quote]

D**k Head reply, picking holes on how long some one has joined, i bet your one of the clan who picks out spelling mistakes!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Mungo

[/quote]

You haven''t even been on this board for two years yet.

Oddly, the date of you joining seems to neatly coincide with Norwich''s impending promotion to the Premier League.

Are you enjoying your prawn sandwiches?
[/quote]

D**k Head reply, picking holes on how long some one has joined, i bet your one of the clan who picks out spelling mistakes!!

[/quote]

*I