Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Attention plastics!

Attention plastics! Your leader is speaking!

By his noble decree, he does order that no plastics may enter the fair ground of Portman road at the following date....

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Spencer - are you Danny Dyer[/quote]

hahaha... that''s actually quite good, fair play Mungo...but no, definitely not.

I''m far too ***** to be linked with Essex-types like that.

I always like Mungos comments, at least they''re is a sense of humour behind most of them....it''s the Internet, if you don''t like it stop reading and engaging.

It''s like people that complain about TV in a typical Daily Mail fashion, if you don''t like what your watching turn over.

Btw I''ll be watching the game on my PC with a beer and avoiding the 12 hour round trip to Norwich. I sh#t plastic! Mungo won''t be happy!

[quote user="Monty13"]I always like Mungos comments, at least they''re is a sense of humour behind most of them....it''s the Internet, if you don''t like it stop reading and engaging. It''s like people that complain about TV in a typical Daily Mail fashion, if you don''t like what your watching turn over. Btw I''ll be watching the game on my PC with a beer and avoiding the 12 hour round trip to Norwich. I sh#t plastic! Mungo won''t be happy![/quote]

If you unwrap your Morrisons ready meals before you eat them, you might find your ablutions are a bit more healthy.  As for Mungo, I will continue to attack him when he attacks other fans.     His brand of supporting - if you can call it that - is purely at the expense of others - he should imo be made to sit amongst away fans where he would fit in much better - he can moan about  Norwich fans from there.

How''s that away season ticket working out for you Mungo?

Oh, wait, you don''t have one, do you?

Bloomin'' plastic part-timer...

It is one thing to make a point about Fulham tickets still being on sale, quite another to slag all non-season ticket holders as plastics who only go to the big games. I agree with LDC on that issue and it is unnecessary and insulting. Supporting City is not an all or nothing affair. There are those who are passionate and who have an ST and can go each game. There are others who are passionate and who cannot go each game maybe because they can''t afford it or because they no longer live close enough to make it viable. There are also those at the other end of the spectrum who have a passing interest and who will watch on telly, listen on radio or maybe turn up once in a while. But just because someone is in the latter category doesn''t mean they are any less of a person or have less right to support the club in the way they want to. All clubs are the same and it will alwys be this way.

Plastic is the wrong term for this I think. If I wanted to be a "plastic fan" I''d support a team who win things and not fighting a relegation battle.

I''ve been to games when we were in the championship, But I''m now living alone in a flat with a daily problem of how much food can I afford this week. I live in a reality where I have to be realistic and sensible.

Hate to be made to feel guilty or bad because now I can''t afford to go to games, if I could go I wouldn''t care who the other team is.

Win, draw or lose, it still affects my mood because I love NCFC.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Plastic is the wrong term for this I think. If I wanted to be a "plastic fan" I''d support a team who win things and not fighting a relegation battle.

I''ve been to games when we were in the championship, But I''m now living alone in a flat with a daily problem of how much food can I afford this week. I live in a reality where I have to be realistic and sensible.

Hate to be made to feel guilty or bad because now I can''t afford to go to games, if I could go I wouldn''t care who the other team is.

Win, draw or lose, it still affects my mood because I love NCFC.[/quote]

Agreed, Drunky.   The term  "Plastic" is used by people who only care about their own status as fans and don''t care about anyone else.   It is constantly used innaccurately to paint a picture of any fan who doesn''t fit into their "group".   Its used as part of the ego trip that some fans like to perpetrate to boost their own sad little lives.

I think the thread is discussing those who clamour for tickets against the so called big clubs but don''t bother with games like Fulham. Plastic seems fair enough to me.

The only people who seem to get upset by Mungo are those who seem to constantly need to define what a supporter is and how they meet the criteria they have laid down themselves. They might think that they are constantly defending themselves against Mungo but it looks to me as if are constantly trying to convince themselves. If you are happy with the way you support the club then why would you need to worry about what anybody else thinks? I hardly been to a Norwich match for the past two or three years (clearly I have got the concept of glory hunting very badly wrong) mainly due to a combination of lack of time and money caused by having three kids. Before then I have been both a season ticket holder, a member and a casual supporter. Could I have made a bit more of an effort to have got to games over that period? Probably. Could I have saved a few quid elsewhere to have bought the occasional ticket? Almost certainly. Have I ever started a thread looking for tickets when Man Yoo or Citeh come to town? Never.If you want to start a hierarchy of fans then I would almost definitely be in the bottom half and I''m fine with that. My contribution is not the same as those who attend regularly and to suggest that it is would be nonsense. I''ll be sat in front of my TV at the weekend with one child showing a vague interest, one wanting to play the Jake and the Neverland Pirates game on the Disney website instead and one trying to unplug the laptop from the TV. That is just fine for me right now.

Good post Shack!

But the time you need to take a hand is if the child loses interest in Neverland Pirates when Manchester United come to town[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think the thread is discussing those who clamour for tickets against the so called big clubs but don''t bother with games like Fulham. Plastic seems fair enough to me.

[/quote]

Plastic is a derisory term in whatever context you want to use it.   If you enjoy labelling fans not like you in a derisory way then that''s more a reflection on you than it is on them.   And don''t start with the LDC raw nerve stuff - I was at the qpr, w.ham, stoke, wigan matches - didn''t go to Arsenal or ManU or Spurs matches.    I''m merely defending all fans to support how they want to and resent the implications of the "elite" who like to talk disparagingly of  another section of fans.

Well I''m comfortable using the term in that context. Matters not whether you approve. And what games you go to make no difference do they? Not everything is about you Lakey.

[/quote]

But where do you draw the line? If you don''t go to every game home and away can I call you plastic. Or if someone only goes to all home games and just a few away games are they plastic. Maybe people who only attend home games are plastic.

It is an unhelpful and divisive term used in an abusive way by many. I may even have been guilty of it myself at times.

Why the law of supply and demand is not applicable to Norwich I do not know. Look at the crowds in our first ever season in the top flight - on the whole not very impressive but they soared for the "big games" whether against fashionable clubs or decisive matches. Was ever thus and always will be.

RP

nutty nigel

think the thread is discussing those who clamour for tickets against the so called big clubs but don''t bother with games like Fulham. Plastic seems fair enough to me.

---

Ah ok, that is fair point. I should have read the thread better.

Still not sure plastic is the right word for it. I can understand some people wanting to spend their money for the "bigger" games. I''d be happy just to watch any game.

Well I''m comfortable using the term in that context. Matters not whether you approve. And what games you go to make no difference do they? Not everything is about you Lakey.

[/quote]

You keep coming up with that line Nutty, but the issues I talk about keep getting thrown back at me in the form of  "takes one to know one" attitude - so I now defend myself before I am attacked........................

The point being that by definition the attraction is the opposition not Norwich. This constant taking the thread off topic is the problem here. Lakey likes to play the victim..

Don''t fall into the trap of widening what this thread is about Robert. It couldn''t be more clear.

[/quote]

Probably the only trap I fell into Nutty was trying to have a sensible discussion on this board!

maybe best to restrict my concerns to the weather and getting from Devon to Norwich on Saturday morning.

RP

The point being that by definition the attraction is the opposition not Norwich. This constant taking the thread off topic is the problem here. Lakey likes to play the victim..

[/quote]

Thats utter b*ll*x  Nutty.     I am defending the right of all fans  to be seen as fans and not as a social outcasts because of the matches they choose to see.  Plastics is a derisory term, whether you like it or not.Victim? don''t make me laugh.

Sorry but Nutty is right, you love playing the victim, and are taking all this extremely personally, for reasons only known to yourself.Yes, Mungo is a bit of a wind up merchant, but so what? He does have a valid point in this case, but your clearly personal dislike of him is stopping you from accepting this.Did all the "plastics" have some kind of vote and appoint you as their champion, or are you just self appointed?I suggest if you can''t laugh along at Mungo''s obviously tongue in cheek style, you be the bigger man and ignore him.

[quote user="morty"]Sorry but Nutty is right, you love playing the victim, and are taking all this extremely personally, for reasons only known to yourself.Yes, Mungo is a bit of a wind up merchant, but so what? He does have a valid point in this case, but your clearly personal dislike of him is stopping you from accepting this.  Did all the "plastics" have some kind of vote and appoint you as their champion, or are you just self appointed?  I suggest if you can''t laugh along at Mungo''s obviously tongue in cheek style, you be the bigger man and ignore him.[/quote]

His valid point?  That there are less fans interested in Fulham than Manure or Chelski?    Is that valid or just stating the bl**ding obvious.   You may go to  matches regardless - and so may I - but unless the club goes completely season ticket holders only - the demand will be less for a Fulham than a ManU.    And if the club went all season ticket holder only - there would still be more empty seats at a Fulham game than a Manure game.   Its the law of supply and demand and its not worthy of a thread.   The OP is just on a wind up as usual.

Also, I''ve had this discussion with you before, Morty, you go along with some poster who fits in

with your view of things - and then can''t seem to take another differing

point of view.   If you are the target of some of the jibes the OP puts

out - and its not just me - then it is not ok.   He is constant

embarrassment to this board and sets out to put fan against fan.    If

that''s your bag then fine, you can live with it, but don''t expect

everyone else to just "go along" with it. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Sorry but Nutty is right, you love playing the victim, and are taking all this extremely personally, for reasons only known to yourself.Yes, Mungo is a bit of a wind up merchant, but so what? He does have a valid point in this case, but your clearly personal dislike of him is stopping you from accepting this.  Did all the "plastics" have some kind of vote and appoint you as their champion, or are you just self appointed?  I suggest if you can''t laugh along at Mungo''s obviously tongue in cheek style, you be the bigger man and ignore him.[/quote]

His valid point?  That there are less fans interested in Fulham than Manure or Chelski?    Is that valid or just stating the bl**ding obvious.   You may go to  matches regardless - and so may I - but unless the club goes completely season ticket holders only - the demand will be less for a Fulham than a ManU.    And if the club went all season ticket holder only - there would still be more empty seats at a Fulham game than a Manure game.   Its the law of supply and demand and its not worthy of a thread.   The OP is just on a wind up as usual.

Also, I''ve had this discussion with you before, Morty, you go along with some poster who fits in

with your view of things - and then can''t seem to take another differing

point of view.   If you are the target of some of the jibes the OP puts

out - and its not just me - then it is not ok.   He is constant

embarrassment to this board and sets out to put fan against fan.    If

that''s your bag then fine, you can live with it, but don''t expect

everyone else to just "go along" with it. 

[/quote]You do realise that actually all this ranting is making you look more of an idiot than you make Mungo out to be?Sorry, but where did he demand that the whole stadium had to be season tickets? He made the point that fans pick and choose their games, according to the opposition, and the self same fans who moan about not being able to get tickets to Man U, should at least take the next best option and buy tickets for games like Fulham. If they don''t then that makes them a wee bit fickle, in my opinion.

I don''t understand the argument here? The home section has been sold out for ages, Fulham haven''t taken the full allocation so we have a handful of tickets left by the away fans. The game will be sold out by 3pm Saturday it always is. The reason we get tickets go on general sale against the smaller teams is because they always return their allocation. Fulham are notorious for a small away following

Not true - just checked the situation and there are tickets available in several blocks in every stand. Those who feel they don''t have the chance to see top flight football at Carrow Road can get a ticket quite easily and pick from a variety of viewpoints. Or you could just moan bout the club not having an 80,000 capacity stadium for you to ake your kids to the match when manyoo come to town (kiddywinks in "Rooney" shirts, naturally)...

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Not true - just checked the situation and there are tickets available in several blocks in every stand. Those who feel they don''t have the chance to see top flight football at Carrow Road can get a ticket quite easily and pick from a variety of viewpoints. Or you could just moan bout the club not having an 80,000 capacity stadium for you to ake your kids to the match when manyoo come to town (kiddywinks in "Rooney" shirts, naturally)...[/quote]

Horses for courses Mungo, horses for courses.    I have been able to get tickets for every match I wanted to see in the last two seasons.  Its not a new situation for there to be spares in the week leading up to the match.   There may be a few more spare tickets this season than last, but it goes to show the overall demand will never be that much higher than now - except for bigger occasions, which like it or not the more glamorous clubs always are.

A few points/observations: It has been so difficult to get tickets for years now that many people have given up trying and are probably unaware that availability is a bit better this year. Even so, it is still very difficult to get tickets where you would prefer to sit and i think many people regard paying £35-£50 to sit in a part of the ground you don`t fancy, often on your own, as a bit steep. Then factor in that people can watch every single game in many pubs around the county, i think you have a "perfect storm" regarding decreasing demand. Watching MOTD recently i`ve been amazed how many big games around the country are not selling out any more- i think it`s an issue we`ll be hearing more and more about, particularly with the economy not looking like getting much better any time soon.