Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Attention plastics!

There are still tickets avaiable for Saturday! Iknow you really only want to see manyoo or chelski i.e. not that bothered about Naaaridge (they''re the ones in yellow and green) bit we need the points, there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

There are still tickets avaiable for Saturday! Iknow you really only want to see manyoo or chelski i.e. not that bothered about Naaaridge (they''re the ones in yellow and green) bit we need the points, there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[/quote]

What an absolute pile of horses**t, oh hang on i have got below 500 posts so this will probably be ignored

I like to imagine that Mungo sits there with one of the fishing rods that you got with the Dreamcast for Sega Bass Fishing, reeling in a mythical line everytime someone gets wound up by one of his posts :)

He may be a bit of a troll, but try and look past that, and there is actual validity in his point.

These are the same peple clamouring for massive capacity expansion. The truth is, beyond the hard core support is season tickets holders the remainder are conspicouous by their absence and fickle unless a Champions League outfit is rolling in to town.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[/quote]I''ve tried really hard but I cannot think of one reason to despise Fulham. They are pretty much the only Premier League club* that I don''t despise. * Apart from Norwich obviously. And Swansea are alright.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

there are plenty of reasons to despise Fulham, so why not give it a go.

Mungo

[/quote]

I''ve tried really hard but I cannot think of one reason to despise Fulham. They are pretty much the only Premier League club* that I don''t despise.

* Apart from Norwich obviously. And Swansea are alright.
[/quote]

I''m guessing a certain 6-0 thumping sending us down, and another 5 goal thumping on the opening day of the season could be two reasons Mungo doesn''t like Fulham.

I personally have quite a bit of time for Fulham and despite having a wealthy benefactor, they are a team of similar stature that show us what could be possible if you''re able to stay in the league long enough.

[quote user="morty"]He may be a bit of a troll, but try and look past that, and there is actual validity in his point.[/quote]

Yep, agreed. This is a fantastic chance for those who have been complaining throughout the season about not being able to see NCFC play this season, to grab a ticket and get involved!

[quote user="Howson is now"]

I''m guessing a certain 6-0 thumping sending us down, and another 5 goal thumping on the opening day of the season could be two reasons Mungo doesn''t like Fulham.

[/quote]

I can''t really understand why anyone would despise another team for beating us soundly but fairly. Unless they were about ten [;)]

[quote user="Robert Parsons"]Don''t worry Stuart. Little MB is our pet Troll. I like to be kind to dumb animals. RP[/quote]

Lets not insult dumb animals

Dont understand what point arskin is trying to make. There is plenty of time to get a ticket.

We have little trouble selling season tickets and there is a waiting list. There are clubs that have a bigger capacity ground and are pleased to have that capacity for the bigger teams with a decent away support.

There is a sound argument for us not expanding yet but will do so once the financial situation favours it.

It amazes me that people like Mingekin can be sitting gazing into space, perhaps lonely as a cloud, and suddenly being driven to commence a thread such as this.

Spus it works, because he got a reaction out of me:-(

...and that Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I only go to away games (and yes I do the "small" clubs too).

Away fans - Louder, the "core", far fewer moaners...and in general more "up for it"!...and all that when we''ve only won once away this season.

Home fans - I don''t know them all, so I blame Mungo.

Well I can see his point. There''s still limited availability in all stands. Still some good availabilty too. This wouldn''t have been the case if we were playing Man U or Chelsea.

Whether he still has a point at the end of the week remains to be seen however the so called big games were sold out at this stage.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I can see his point. There''s still limited availability in all stands. Still some good availabilty too. This wouldn''t have been the case if we were playing Man U or Chelsea.

Whether he still has a point at the end of the week remains to be seen however the so called big games were sold out at this stage.

[/quote]I think the truth hurts some people, they know that some of them will make a decision about going, depending on the opposition.As long as our team is playing, it shouldn''t matter about who they are playing against.

The OP in his usual ridiculous style attempts to make something out of nothing.   Everything he posts is based on his false feeling of superiority that he is somehow a better fan than everyone else.   

His point?   That some games are more attractive than others.  

Wow!     Really?   You don''t say!

To armchair "fans" such as yourself LDC a game against a "big team" may be a more attractive proposition. That is because, sadly, you''re more interested in the opposition, perhaps the chance to see an international star, than the team you nominally "support". Saturday''s game is far more important than those against Man Utd or Arsenal - picking up three points in those games was a pleasantly unexpected bonus. Saturday''s game is a ''must win'' with added spice of Becchio getting in the mix.  I would urge fans of Norwich City (not to be confused with people who are only interested in going to Carrow Road to see big teams) who haven''t got a ticket to get one and cheer the lads on. Hopefully the game will be a corker.

Mungo

[quote user="lake district canary"]The OP in his usual ridiculous style attempts to make something out of nothing.   Everything he posts is based on his false feeling of superiority that he is somehow a better fan than everyone else.   

His point?   That some games are more attractive than others.  

Wow!     Really?   You don''t say!

[/quote]LDC - I think there a couple of points here that are being missed1) This is a proxy for the argument about stadium expansion - if we cant sell out against Fulham then where does the rationale for expanding the stadium come from.  Investing big sums with a very long (and uncertain) payback period.  Not wishing to reopen that debate but this does add some credence to the fact that we dont have thousands of fans waiting to snap up tickets every week2) There are number of people who come on here to complain about not being able to get tickets for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd etc The reality is that when offered a chance to obtain tickets for a Norwich City Premier League game the casual supporters do not step up to the plate when the opposition is less attractive - I cant for sure say those who complain about the lack of availability for big games are also those who stay away from the smaller games but my gut feel tells me there''s a correlationMungo''s opening post whilst delivered in normal confrontational style does contain some interesting thoughts on our casual base

[quote user="spencer 1970"]...and that Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I only go to away games (and yes I do the "small" clubs too). Away fans - Louder, the "core", far fewer moaners...and in general more "up for it"!...and all that when we''ve only won once away this season. Home fans - I don''t know them all, so I blame Mungo.[/quote]

Just means that you are a plastic part time supporter. Ask Mungo

You size it city4eva. I''m guessing Spencer is one of those ghastly lahdidah London cockerney canary public schoolboy types who pretends to like association football to annoy pater. For only go to away games read only go to games when Norwich are playing within a ten mile radius of my Islington pied-a-terre.

Pete - Please ban this prick, like most i don''t enjoy reading his posts and his continuous attack on other NCFC fans is so boring!

For those that say i dont have to read his sh*t - its hard not to when you login and find 5 new subjects started by the scummer!

Blimey Mungo you have a point and well made it is to [;)] although for whatever reason other fans can''t or wont be there  is really no ones buisness other than there own!

I have no problem whatsoever with people exercising choice. If you don''t want to go that''s your perogative. My issue is when some people, perhaps those who visit this very forum just before games with "big teams" extoling thier lifelong love for the club and asking for tickets. Strange that there isn''t the same clamour for Fulham tickets.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I have no problem whatsoever with people exercising choice. If you don''t want to go that''s your perogative. My issue is when some people, perhaps those who visit this very forum just before games with "big teams" extoling thier lifelong love for the club and asking for tickets. Strange that there isn''t the same clamour for Fulham tickets.[/quote]

Your issue is with yourself, Mungo.......................the rest of us just enjoy supporting our club in the best way we can.   

You really ought to widen your horizons.   

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"] one of those ghastly lahdidah London cockerney canary public schoolboy types......[/quote]You don''t half remind me of someone mungo......"DELIA SMITH''S GREEN AND YELLOW BRA WEARING NANCY BOY LONDON TYPE KNOWALL ARMY!"My signature should be a clue! [:)]

Well done Mr B your trolling is certainly having an effect.

When are you going to take me up on my offer of a drink before a game? How about the Sunderland game on March 17th. I''ll buy you one with pleasure at a pub near the Stadium of Light. You will be happy as all your so called plastics will be at home watching it on the TV so you won''t have to worry about being seen in the company of anybody lower than yourself.

RP