Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Unlucky Number 16?

Just thinking how the last two players to take on the number 16 shirt have not done too well.

First Martin, then Morro.

Now poor Kei Kamara has been given the shirt!

Lets hope he breaks the cycle!

Yeah but to be fair not all our previous number 16''s have been that bad.

Mark Fotheringham, for example.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Why don''t you just come out and say exactly why you don''t like him Wiz?[/quote]

Its nothing personal, but this is Cody Mac all over again imo, all hype from an inferior league, it''ll take far more than Yankee bluster and bravado to convince me.

Honestly Wiz, I am actually very excited by his arrival.

I feel he has the potential to be something different to what we have.

My original post was more a sarcastic comment on the shirts previous wearers.

My only concern re KK is that he is not here for long and may not be 100% match fit due to it being off season for MLS. Having said that now a week on from deadline day I hope he has been busting a gut in the gym to be as fit as possible.

I hope we get to see him on Saturday, and more of Becchio.

This is actually quite an interesting transfer and one that may have multiple motivations.

I seem to recall that back in the autumn it was announced that we had signed a deal with a PR company (American I believe) with the aim of boosting the clubs image globally. Well part of that strategy may be to take a player out of the MLS, so our name will become more familiar over there. Plus you also get a double whammy as he carries a following back in Sierra Leone. On his Skype interview he said that the cinemas back in Sierra Leone (which is the common way of watching there)  were packed to watch our QPR game as they thought he might be playing.

This is a low risk signing, short term loan, but one that may bring benefits beyond his playing contributions over the four months. Norwich becoming a better known brand around the globe could well help us in attracting signings from beyond British shores in the future.

That said I really hope he does well on the field. Come what may I think he will be hard to dislike. He seems a very engaging character.

OTBC

Nice one Sussex, but I fear that your attempt to bring good sense to the ''criticism for criticisms sake'' brigade will fall upon stoney ground.

Add to all that the fact that we might, just might, be getting a more than decent footballer here and I for one am quite delighted with this particular piece of business. Well done Hughton et al.

You''ve never seen Kei Kamara play Wiz, so how can you judge him?

Saying that, you''ll probably never see him play anyway...

[quote user="AJ"]You''ve never seen Kei Kamara play Wiz, so how can you judge him? Saying that, you''ll probably never see him play anyway...[/quote]

Sadly for me, you''ll be wrong again AJ.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Nice one Sussex, but I fear that your attempt to bring good sense to the ''criticism for criticisms sake'' brigade will fall upon stoney ground.

Add to all that the fact that we might, just might, be getting a more than decent footballer here and I for one am quite delighted with this particular piece of business. Well done Hughton et al.

[/quote]

Looks like your right Broadstairs, stony ground indeed.

I am with you, hopefully we have got a decent footballer, low risk business that could turn into something more long term if all turns out well. And if it doesn''t then I do think there is a bigger picture of benefits which will still have made this good business.

Had Villa have signed him, Im sure we would all be taking the pis5 at this point.

But he''s worth a go for nowt (or next to nowt)

I think he''s going to be magic.  He obviously thinks he can do a job for us in the Premier League and after all ....... ''''the Kamara never lies'''' [:D]

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Wiz, out of interest if he turns out to be a gem of a player, will you admit you were wrong?

I am happy to do it the other way.[/quote]People can (and do!) have a go at Wiz for many things, but he has apologised on here openly for stuff he''s said in the past. It takes a certain amount of balls to do that and it''s a shame some of the other "characters" on here don''t have his (occasional) humility.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="pablofarmer"]Wiz, out of interest if he turns out to be a gem of a player, will you admit you were wrong? I am happy to do it the other way.[/quote]

People can (and do!) have a go at Wiz for many things, but he has apologised on here openly for stuff he''s said in the past. It takes a certain amount of balls to do that and it''s a shame some of the other "characters" on here don''t have his (occasional) humility.
[/quote]

It''s easy to say sorry, but hard to mean it. Wiz will say sorry one week and then do the exact same things he apologised for the next week - his apologies are as sincere as Nick Clegg''s.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="pablofarmer"]Wiz, out of interest if he turns out to be a gem of a player, will you admit you were wrong? I am happy to do it the other way.[/quote]

People can (and do!) have a go at Wiz for many things, but he has apologised on here openly for stuff he''s said in the past. It takes a certain amount of balls to do that and it''s a shame some of the other "characters" on here don''t have his (occasional) humility.
[/quote]

It''s easy to say sorry, but hard to mean it. Wiz will say sorry one week and then do the exact same things he apologised for the next week - his apologies are as sincere as Nick Clegg''s.

[/quote]

[:D]

His squad number was revealed on the club twitter feed. I think in part because it had been rumoured he would be number 23, which is of course Teirney''s number.

I doubt that, with all he has survived, the recent history of his NCFC squad number will not affect KK in the slightest.

It''s a long while since someone so enthusiastic and likeable as Kamara has come our way, (E Bennett doesn''t do bad though). That at least one of our number doesn''t think that he is genuine is clearly not KK''s problem, nor the problem of any of us who are prepared to get just a little carried away with the arrival of a young man who has endured and overcome tragedies which none of us will ever be anywhere near, and who is now spending not an inconsiderable proportion of his income on improving the lives of people who remained in Sierra Leone.

Whether Kamara makes it as an EPL footballer is of course not certain, but he certainly leaps and bounds ahead of some of our number as a human being, and I think he''ll grace the shirt while he is with us.

Rrrrriigghhhhttt. So you''re saying a footballers ability is measured by the number on the back of his shirt?!

That''s what I''ve been missing all these years. Best I get number 150 on the back of my shirt. Surely the higher the number the better ill be!

What a load of.... ( fill in the blank )

When will people realise this was a sarcastic thread.

All i did was think about how Martin went on decline and then so did Morroison.

That''s all.

Flip me you people are too serious!

[quote user="whoareyou"]Clint Dempsey seems to have done OK. Plus Tim Howard, Brad Friedel, Brad Guznan.[/quote]

Landon Donovan had a short but successful spell at Everton if Wiz is interested.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Wiz, out of interest if he turns out to be a gem of a player, will you admit you were wrong? I am happy to do it the other way.[/quote]

Yes of course I will Pablo, but it''ll take more than 1 game for me to do so, 6 or 7 great performances at least.