Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Out Of Curiosity

Who are the first team players that are guarenteed to be starting next season?

In my opinion only Ruddy and Bassong have their places rubber stamped in the first team. I think in all other 9 first team positions we can improve and keep strengthening. That might be slightly harsh on Snodgrass, though.

If we get Garrido in on a perm I think he would be guaranteed a starting place. I don''t think it''s slightly harsh on Snodgrass as he''s such a whiney player that has a strop when things aren''t going to his liking, that he strikes me as the kind of player that may benefit from rotation. While he has a strop, it doesn''t affect his performance so I think not having a nailed on place would drive him to excel further.

One of the unknowns is what players we may sign in the summer and what players may have left.  I think that we need a LB, even if we sign Garrido, two if we don''t. I think that we need a powerful and constructive midfielder. I think that we may also sign a striker, if Jacko leaves.(Martin looks likely to go as well, and Vaughan seems to be out of favour.) We may sign one or two better than what we have, and perhaps one or two with potential to become good later.

So I think that Johno and Tettey may be competing for one place, and Holt/Becchio/Kamara will be competing for one place, unless Kamara plays wide. If the midfield is strengthened we may play 4-4-2, but who the two would be is not clear.

Certain starters must surely be the two mentioned, plus Snoddy, and perhaps Wes. (Holt will be under challenege, especially if his scoring rate does not increase.)

We wont be changing the full squad or first team so I suspect we will see a number crossing over.

I would like a defensive midfielder, a striker, a partner for bassong and a left back.

So I guess that means I am expecting Ruddy, bassong, Garrido (If he joins), Tettey, Pilkington & Snodgrass to be the likely core of our team. Martin & whittaker I am happy to continue to flip flop.

No I don''t expect massive wholesale changes in summer to the extent that we''ll have 9 new first team players, but I think we can improve in all them areas over a period of time. Bassong and Ruddy will be solid first teamers for 2/3 years you''d think.

I think the striker issue really needs to be looked at in the summer. I wouldn''t be surprised if Vaughan, Jackson and Martin leave on permanent deals, which would leave Holt and Becchio and if we sign him permanently, Kamara. I''d use the former two as back up and bring in at least two new strikers.

It would then be a new left back for me. I like Garrido as an attacking full back option but he''s defensively frail and we could definitely improve on him. I could probably see Tierney leaving, too.

A pacey winger and a central midfielder would then be my two next areas.

You assume Ruddy will still be here next year then? If he does break his way back into the first team for the last stint of this season and shows the form he was at before his injury, I feel we may lose him to a top 4 team. Hope I''m wrong however! With Bunn and Camp at the club, I think we are already preparing for the worse (If Camp stays on that is)

With regards to the rest of the team, I think Tetty will have his place for sure, as well as Bassong. I agree with Snodders, in that I think he''ll keep his place but wouldn''t be so bad if he had a bit more competition for the spot to keep him on his toes. There will be more than this as I doubt we''d be buying 9 first team players. Even if we did buy 9 players, think it''ll be 3/4 first teamers and the rest squadies, simply because we would never be able to afford 9 players already better than what we have in the same window, especially if we wanted to keep money aside for Jan.

Ruddy, Bassong, Snodgrass and BJ

I think these guys have done enough to warrant a place in the team next season no matter what happens.

That''s a tough one. As a club we should always be looking to improve the starting 11. I think the players who have impressed me most this season and expect to see in the starting 11 next season would be:

Ruddy (although concerns a top 4 team could buy him, especially if Stoke price Utd out of a deal for Begovic.)

Bassong

Turner

Snodgrass

Johnson

I think Pilkington has been immense again at times this season, as he was last, but he can drift in and out of games and we certainly could do with another winger.

Garrido, Martin and Whittaker have all done a good job and wouldn''t be priorities to replace in my eyes, however, i do expect to see another LB and CB come in during the summer. I expect Davies will be the CB.

In the centre of the park i think Johnson has been our most consistent performer and Tettey has been incredible in certain games. We obviously need a third option here though and rumours about Bridcut would be great if true.

I don''t think any of our current strikers come close to guaranteeing a place next year. i expect to see two forwards come in through the summer, taking up the majority of our budget. I would like to see a similar player to Wes come in as well, someone who can dictate the play but also has more of a killer instinct than Wes.

[quote user="priceyrice"]That''s a tough one. As a club we should always be looking to improve the starting 11. I think the players who have impressed me most this season and expect to see in the starting 11 next season would be:

Ruddy (although concerns a top 4 team could buy him, especially if Stoke price Utd out of a deal for Begovic.)

Bassong

Turner

Snodgrass

Johnson

I think Pilkington has been immense again at times this season, as he was last, but he can drift in and out of games and we certainly could do with another winger.

Garrido, Martin and Whittaker have all done a good job and wouldn''t be priorities to replace in my eyes, however, i do expect to see another LB and CB come in during the summer. I expect Davies will be the CB.

In the centre of the park i think Johnson has been our most consistent performer and Tettey has been incredible in certain games. We obviously need a third option here though and rumours about Bridcut would be great if true.

I don''t think any of our current strikers come close to guaranteeing a place next year. i expect to see two forwards come in through the summer, taking up the majority of our budget. I would like to see a similar player to Wes come in as well, someone who can dictate the play but also has more of a killer instinct than Wes.[/quote] don''t forget that we have seen nothing of Butterfield, the supposed challenger to Wes, as yet. if he is as good as Barnsley fans say, then he will be in contention for the squad.

I think we need t o stay up before pick ing next years team. Snodgrass is a nailed on cert.