Sign in to follow this  
PeekJNR

Lawro's Predicts...

Norwich v Fulham

I thought Fulham were a little bit unlucky to be beaten by Manchester United last week.

Martin Jol''s side definitely had their opportunities against the leaders but I am not so convinced by them away from Craven Cottage.

Norwich have not won a league game since the middle of December and their current form reminds me of their results at the start of the season. If it is going to follow the same pattern, then they will start winning again soon.

They need to because, although there are still a few teams below them in the table, with no wins in eight league games they just have not been picking up enough points recently.

Looking at the teams in and around the relegation zone, I think we can take Newcastle out of the equation, but everyone from Fulham, who are 13th, downwards are in a scrap. I don''t think anyone else will be involved.

Prediction: 2-1

Fair score prediction imo. Analysis after saying we are in a relegation ''scrap'' at this very moment seems abit unfair. Especially considering we are on sam amount of points as Fulham and victory over them this weekend will put us three above them, and all things going well being 10 points clear of the relegation battle with only 12 games to go. I think we may win this 3-1 though. Not 2-1

Win this game and people will probably say we''re out of the scrap and on another good run of 3 undefeated. Swings back and forth very easily.

I''m still gutted we couldn''t sneak 1 win or even a draw in those 4 defeats at xmas and I don''t care what anyone says, but we deserved more from those games. The real b*stard was the West Ham game.

Anyway..get another good performance at home to Fulham and take advantage of their usually poor away form and we''re golden again. If Tettey is out then maybe, just maybe people will see the 4-4-2 they so desire...

[quote user="York Canary"]

Win this game and people will probably say we''re out of the scrap and on another good run of 3 undefeated. Swings back and forth very easily.

I''m still gutted we couldn''t sneak 1 win or even a draw in those 4 defeats at xmas and I don''t care what anyone says, but we deserved more from those games. The real b*stard was the West Ham game.

Anyway..get another good performance at home to Fulham and take advantage of their usually poor away form and we''re golden again. If Tettey is out then maybe, just maybe people will see the 4-4-2 they so desire...

[/quote]

Bloody hope not, Fulham will play 5 in midfield if Norwich give them too much space then Ruiz will dictate the game - much like Dembele did in the fixture at Craven Cottage.

4-2-3-1 - push Snodgrass and Pilkington (if fit, or Bennett if not) right up against their full backs; isolate Berbatov and stick someone on Ruiz. Should do the job nicely.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Trouble is he hardly gets a prediction correct.[/quote]

Stunning insight, thanks for that.

[/quote]

You''re welcomed.............and Hexed.[li]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until you make at least 6 or 7 great posts - I''m not going to take you seriously.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until you make at least 6 or 7 great posts - I''m not going to take you seriously.

[/quote]

Touche Bethnal.[;)]

we played 442 on the opening day of the season - why on earth would we want to allow ourselves to be over run by the midfield 5 of fulham again, esp when a 4231/4411 gets our best players on the pitch???

4231 and we will get a narrow 1-0 / 2-1 win.

Hope we get to see both Becchio and Kamara for a little pitch time too.

The only "Lawro predict" I would bet money on is if he were to "predict" a Findus Beef Lasagne to win the Grand National.

Ominous for me that this Jonah thinks we''ll win.

Old ''granny face'' has perfected the art of getting money for old rope IMO.   

[quote user="Wiz"]Trouble is he hardly gets a prediction correct.[/quote]have you joined the 5th Huzzahs Wiz? they got thrashed in the crimea or somewhere i seem to remember.

You think it''s unfair, "especially considering we are on the same points as Fulham", Peeky? Doesn''t he say Fulham are in the relegation scrap as well? What does he say about us that he doesn''t say about them?

I think it''s fair throughout. Our current form also reminds me of our results at the start of the season. And if it is going to follow the same pattern then, yes, we will start winning again soon. And we do need to, because with no wins in 8 games we haven''t been picking up enough points recently. What is there to argue with there?